[MOD] The Tomb of Tiggy Tamal

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
eLPuSHeR

Re: [MOD] The Tomb of Tiggy Tamal

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Thanks. I am going to try that but it seemed all exits were blocked.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
Trollmann

Post by Trollmann »

Hi there again! Is the update out yet? I just wanted to report some bugs I found, but I only can remember one :D (will prolly start over again and try to reproduce them, as I wasn't too happy with my party)

The bug I found is the hidden pressure plate near the coin activated teleporter. You can get infinite amount of XP and break the secret counter system.

There were some times I really hoped you would've applied some shortcut routes between some points of the dungeon after you completed them. Was a bit painful to go thru same routes again and again, mainly due to the multi floor falls via floor trapdoors.
lexdr

Post by lexdr »

Wooops, probably an "active once" that I forget to enable. :p
Do you remember exactly where is it?

Regarding routes, there is only one route that you should used twice (level 4, from the entry point to the pit in the corridor with the spawned fireball), except of course if you fall down in some pits ;).

The dungeon is composed of three parts:
- part 1: explore the lower part of the dungeon (levels 5 / 4 / 3) until the throne room, and find 3 core keys in each accessible part of level 5 (master key, cross key and mirror of damned);
- part 2: kill the king of undeads (level 3)
- part 3: fight the fourth gardians to escape the necropolis (one gold key per gardian + one more key).

If you think it's too hard, I can write a light help guide for each part.
severgates

Post by severgates »

lexdr wrote:Wooops, probably an "active once" that I forget to enable. :p
Do you remember exactly where is it?
It's in a southern part of Catacombs area (lvl 5 I think, but I'm not 100% sure, I don't have access to my save now), where you find gold coin needed for activating teleporter and near the area when you fight with ghost skeleton.

Btw- nice mod, I'm very pleased that I've downloaded it :) I was suprised with getting so cool gear in very early part of mod.

Sorry for my english (it's not my primary language).
lexdr

Post by lexdr »

severgates wrote:It's in a southern part of Catacombs area (lvl 5 I think, but I'm not 100% sure, I don't have access to my save now), where you find gold coin needed for activating teleporter and near the area when you fight with ghost skeleton.
Ok, I see. However, I don't remember if it will have a consequence for endings (depending if I check "== 24" or "> 23").
severgates wrote:Btw- nice mod, I'm very pleased that I've downloaded it :) I was suprised with getting so cool gear in very early part of mod.
Thank you for your feedback, very appreciated.
;)
severgates

Post by severgates »

Hi lexdr
I have a question about lvl 3 and lvl 4
SpoilerShow
I've progressed from lvl 4 (room full of mummies was little bit scary :) ), I've also passed test with 3 levers right at the start of lvl 3 (liked it very much :D ). I've encountered red dragon (very hard to beat son of a b.tch), I play with a new party so my characters are about 8-9 lvl now and the only character able to inflict damage is mage with lightning and cold spells (physical attacks doesn't hurt dragon). I've jumped to the pit near the dragon and now I'm trying to solve puzzle with mummy and 4 doors with teleporters appearing after pushing button behind the crates. My question is- do I have to beat the dragon (is it possible now)? Or should I evade him and go back there later?
lexdr

Post by lexdr »

Hi severgates,

Unfortunately, you have to kill this dragon to go forward. Indeed, a blocker ensure that it will not attack you in the fake walls (I've tried but it's too difficult) so that the dragon is between you and the pit on the north of the room.

However there are some useful tips...

Fire dragon
SpoilerShow
In version 1.04, I've reduced some dragon's settings to 500 health points and lower skills (but I don't remember if it concerns the dragon you are talking or not).
Nevertheless, fire dragon can be frozen with magic box, and in this case physical weapons should produce some damages. Of course, magic box can also be used to freeze and escape a dragon, but it won't be usefull in your case.
Finally, you can use the blocker on the SE of the room or the pit on the SW to remotely cast spells on the dragon and have rest.
Supply room (lvl4)
SpoilerShow
The supply room is closed with a breakable door. So if you have taken the treasure of the necropolis (lvl1) or at least the gold coins in the sack or the demon head alcove near the room (lvl4), you sould be able to get some magic boxes.
Quick XP
SpoilerShow
In the corridor of the Damned (with all the mummies), there a three secrets. So there is a way to gain 6000xp. There is also another one secret just before the next stairs. Your party can gain 8000xp.
Mummy and portcullis
SpoilerShow
Do not try to kill the mummy in this room, it will be back after few seconds. Just push the three button as quickly as possible it will open all the back portcullis. Then use the mummy to open a front portcullis and escape before the back portcullis will be closed again.
I hope this tips will help you.
Lex
lexdr

Post by lexdr »

Hi,

I will publish soon a final 1.05 release, with probably the source files.
If you pointed out some bugs, could you please PM me?

Thanks
Lex
lexdr

Post by lexdr »

Version 1.05 released, with the sources available on Nexus.

I've also reduce the size to publish it on Steam.

Here are the links:
Dungeon on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =213960088
Dungeon and sources on Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/354/?

Lex
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »