[MOD] The Tomb of Tiggy Tamal

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Jaberwoke

Re: [MOD] The Tomb of Tiggy Tamal

Post by Jaberwoke »

I'm enjoying this mod very much. I've just arrived at Lev3 and need a little help, please.
SpoilerShow
There are 4 puzzle areas and each has a wall text of a couple of letters at the entrance of each one. LA, IS, UR, UG. Can anyone tell me the significance of these. I can't work it out. Are the puzzles to be done in a certain order and these letters form a word that gives the clue?
lexdr

Post by lexdr »

Hi, I'm glad you like it!
Don't forget to endorse it ;)
SpoilerShow
The four areas are on level 2, not 3. To leave the necropolis you requiere 5 keys. 4 of them are protected by the 4 gardians: Uggardian, Urgardian, Isgardian and Lagardian.

UG, UR, IS and LA just refer to them, according with Neikun's assets (http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/users ... mods&pUp=1). There is no special order, you just have to fight and get one gold key per area.

Please tell me when you will have complete the IS area, to give me your feedback.
8-)
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

lexdr wrote:Hi, I'm glad you like it!
Don't forget to endorse it ;)
SpoilerShow
The four areas are on level 2, not 3. To leave the necropolis you requiere 5 keys. 4 of them are protected by the 4 gardians: Uggardian, Urgardian, Isgardian and Lagardian.

UG, UR, IS and LA just refer to them, according with Neikun's assets (http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/users ... mods&pUp=1). There is no special order, you just have to fight and get one gold key per area.

Please tell me when you will have complete the IS area, to give me your feedback.
8-)
Thanks, lexdr. Endorsed.
SpoilerShow
Yes, Lev2 not 3 as I said. I have tried the IS area several times and I just can't beat the frost bolts. I think I have to close the first portcullis and dash around the corner and close another one and quickly step back. Not sure if that's what I should keep trying or if there is another way. I'm just not quick enough on the second portcullis and get hit from the side every time. Actually the game crashes in another area on this level when I click a secret button at 15,28. I'm hoping it's just a secret and I've carried on by ignoring it.
BuzzJ

Post by BuzzJ »

what does "endorse" mean in this context?
msyblade

Post by msyblade »

@Buzzj: The mods on the nexus have an "Endorsements" count, and they are organized by such if you want to look up "Most Popular All-Time" or "Most Popular Last 2 weeks" etc. The system seems to have worked fairly well so far, the cream of the crop has usually floated to the top of the lists quickly. One hiccup I can recall was that Phitt's "mine of Malan Vael" was deleted by a hacker after moving to the top very quickly, so the community all went and re-downloaded and re-endorsed it to show him our support. (He was understandably frustrated at the whole thing), but nowadays you couldn't even tell it ever happened.
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades
lexdr

Post by lexdr »

@Jaberwoke: you are right, it opens a secret, but to make it more easy to find I removed the toggle function without enabled an "Active Once" on the button, so that the game crashes. You should only press it once, no more.
SpoilerShow
Regaring the first IS part, you just let frostbolts go without getting hit. You do not have to close portcullis, its should help for the next step.
There are three waves of frostbolt, you just have to find location to allow them to go. For example, you can go in (18,6) before the first spawn, then in (19,5) before the second spawn, and I let you find where to go before the third...
@Buzzj: it was my first dungeon and I really enjoyed doing it. However I spent a lot of time on it, and before doing a second dungeon I just want to ensure that people like this first one. If not, well, I probably find more pressing things to do. :|
The only way I can guess is probably the download number and endorsement.
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

Thanks, lexdr. I'll give it another go. By the way I'm sure I only clicked that button the 1 time.
I really like the way that the levels interlink constantly - up and down.
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

Yes, got past the IS puzzle.
SpoilerShow
I wasn't expecting that result from beating the frost bolts. Had to reload and do it again this time knowing what to expect and seeking sanctuary. Brilliant.
JimBob

Post by JimBob »

Stuck on level 4 with no keys for "Chose your Death".Any ideas?
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

JimBob wrote:Stuck on level 4 with no keys for "Chose your Death".Any ideas?
SpoilerShow
You need a key there and if I remember rightly it's not on that level. Have to drop down and find it.
Must admit I'm struggling with the puzzle in the NW corner of lev2. Just keep getting teleported back with no means that I can see of turning the teleporters off.
Last edited by Jaberwoke on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.