[MOD] The Tomb of Tiggy Tamal

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
lexdr

Re: [MOD] The Tomb of Tiggy Tamal

Post by lexdr »

@Jaberwoke: are you sure you have pass the IS puzzle? until the end ? have you the corresponding gold key?
;)

@JimBob: you need a crosskey.
SpoilerShow
To achive the first part of the dungeon, you need 3 keys on level 5: you already have the mirror of dawned, you need the cross key and master key that you will find from the pit on level 4, in the corridor just before the door of dawned.
Be carefull with the help note.
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

[quote="lexdr"]@Jaberwoke: are you sure you have pass the IS puzzle? until the end ? have you the corresponding gold key?
;)

Yes.
SpoilerShow
I got the gold key from the IS puzzle and then went on to the UR (NW) puzzle. I get near the top of that corridor after beating the ugaurdian and get transported back halfway along again. Are you saying that there is something I missed in the IS puzzle that turns that transporter off?
lexdr

Post by lexdr »

Probably not, if you got the gold key, you should have kill the jumping dragon...
:D

Considering the four puzzle area, they are totally independent.
SpoilerShow
Just be careful on the walls in the UR corridor.
See spoiler 2 if you need more help
SpoilerShow
Enable the crack button, and get back your way...
Don't forget to check your position on the map.
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

lexdr wrote:Probably not, if you got the gold key, you should have kill the jumping dragon...

Considering the four puzzle area, they are totally independent.
SpoilerShow
Just be careful on the walls in the UR corridor.
See spoiler 2 if you need more help
SpoilerShow
Enable the crack button, and get back your way...
Don't forget to check your position on the map.
I tried this corridor so many times. How did I miss that. Doh! Thanks again. Back down on lev4 now.
JimBob

Post by JimBob »

lexdr wrote:@Jaberwoke: are you sure you have pass the IS puzzle? until the end ? have you the corresponding gold key?
;)

@JimBob: you need a crosskey.
SpoilerShow
To achive the first part of the dungeon, you need 3 keys on level 5: you already have the mirror of dawned, you need the cross key and master key that you will find from the pit on level 4, in the corridor just before the door of dawned.
Be carefull with the help note.
SpoilerShow
I have the master key but I can't find the cross key
lexdr

Post by lexdr »

Ok, here is a short help to find the cross key and master key.
:)
SpoilerShow
On level 4, in the corridor just before the dawned door, fall down into the pit.
If you turn left, you will be teleporter in the NE part of level 5 and find the master key.
if you turn right, you will be teleported in the SE part of the level, find the cross key.
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

Finished. 3h 45m 18/24 secrets so not too good on the secrets front. Quite tough in places butvery enjoyable enjoyable. Well done lexdr.
JimBob

Post by JimBob »

lexdr wrote:Ok, here is a short help to find the cross key and master key.
:)
SpoilerShow
On level 4, in the corridor just before the dawned door, fall down into the pit.
If you turn left, you will be teleporter in the NE part of level 5 and find the master key.
if you turn right, you will be teleported in the SE part of the level, find the cross key.
SpoilerShow
I have been to the SE section but when I get to the fourth small room I just keep going round in circles.
Duke45

Post by Duke45 »

Great mod so far. It is only 5 levels but seems more than that.

I am stuck on Level 5 the catacombs where you jump from portal to portal. I got 4 clues 1) 1-2-3, 2) 6-5, 3) 6-5, 4) 8-7 and found 2 buttons. I assume these are tell you what portals to jump in but how to decode these? Any help is appreciated.

Duke
lexdr

Post by lexdr »

@Jaberwoke: Congratulations!!! 18/24 is a great score!
Now, I suggest that you download the source files and check the map, to see where are the 6 you missed.

@JimBob: If you arrived in the fourth ring room, check the walls. There is a mini button on the top NE. It will open a secret in which you will find the cross key.

@Duke45: Good job, you found the fourth secrets. In the roon of the mini button, the button disable a teleporter on the S of this room. A new teleporter transfert you into a new ring room. if you go straight and turn on the left (anti clockwise), you will be teleported in the next puzzle.