First time modder - need some help!

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
odinsballs

Re: First time modder - need some help!

Post by odinsballs »

piinyouri wrote:What is the installation path/directions for the Slug monster? (Not the slugmorog)
I got that all the others go in the pluggins folder, but the slug doesn't have the same directory setup. Do I need to make it myself and put it in pluggins or do the appropriate files just go into the mod_assets/textures & models folders?

Edit: Seems the mummy and leeches are the same way.
yeah i only wrapped it quickly, for fast delivery, if i'm not mistaken, the slug and the mummy and the leech worm go in monster(s) folder, a good tip would be to check the lua. scripts for these respective monsters, wich will reveal proper location.
i think it was something like....
mod_assets/monsters/

but i would have to check that (havent used em much lately, way to buisy with making assets for steamhulk mod) ;)
msyblade

Post by msyblade »

You can place the decorations anywhere they will lock in, then use the arrow keys to move it into position on the secret door.

For the monsters,check the included .lua file to see where its pointing, then place the files where its pointing, and copy that "definition" to your monsters.lua file. Dont replace your file, just add to it. Alternatively, you can make your own custom monster lua file, and import it with init.lua (also in the scripts folder).
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades
ratman

Post by ratman »

odinsballs wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:41 am hi there, here is a dropbox download link for the accumulated works of leki and wallasaurus, these are all physical custom made monsters and thus not simple retextures. these will help out with your project i'm sure, so follow the link and you can aquire the beasties

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wod6dkolguhti ... ection.rar

enjoy :)
I would also like to get these monsters, but the link no longer works. :( Thanks for any help!
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

ratman wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:06 pm
odinsballs wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:41 am hi there, here is a dropbox download link for the accumulated works of leki and wallasaurus, these are all physical custom made monsters and thus not simple retextures. these will help out with your project i'm sure, so follow the link and you can aquire the beasties

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wod6dkolguhti ... ection.rar

enjoy :)
I would also like to get these monsters, but the link no longer works. :( Thanks for any help!
You can download the dungeon editor files of some LoG1 mods:
https://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/

Most of these should contain monsters by Leki.
ratman

Post by ratman »

Thank you, but do you know of any LoG2 mods that released the source files and use this? I could always just learn how to export animation files to LoG2, but I'd rather just copy some files over into my mod :lol: . Thanks!
Mal85

Post by Mal85 »

Pretty sure its just copy pasta and then modify some .lua files. Nothing is easy when it comes to Grimrock modding and your ganna have to dig through mods and the forums to find most of the cool stuff people have released over the years. Check the Super Threads of both Grimrock forums for the most readily available stuff. Sadly its pretty quite around here anymore so your mostly on your own it looks like for most issues.