I'm back

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
ExpDevourer
Location: Performing mad experiments in my laboratory, usually during thunder storms.

I'm back

Post by ExpDevourer »

After almost a year or so of leave from the game I am back to finish my module, only one problem, I have forgotten how to work the more complicated portions of the editor, so I'm doing some research to brush back up on all of it. Once the modules finally completed I'll post a link to the completed modules section, this module is a long time in the making, and someone already created something similar to it during my absence, but its not the same, so heh heh, if and when its done, everyone should enjoy it. ;) Till then, remember to keep your metal weapons away from the Rust Monsters, and give old Toorum a hand. 8-)
I'm here to kick goblins and chew herbs, and I'm all out of herbs.
Komag

Re: I'm back

Post by Komag »

Good to see you! Good luck on finishing the project, and remember, the last 10% takes 50% of the time! ;)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
ExpDevourer
Location: Performing mad experiments in my laboratory, usually during thunder storms.

Post by ExpDevourer »

Komag wrote:Good to see you! Good luck on finishing the project, and remember, the last 10% takes 50% of the time! ;)
Hey Komag long time no see! Yeah, I'm the Michelangelo of project building, I'll start on something, get sidetracked doing something else, forget about it, then remember..."hey wasn't I working on something else before?" But heh, I'm back at it, I started during the holidays, but from where I had been away from it for so long, I forgot how to do all the intricate parts of the creation editing portion, I got annoyed and backed away from it again, so I have to reacquaint myself with the scripts and all that jazz. First task, same problem I had before I left, I have to figure out how to separate the floors for coloring purposes, awhile back when I was working on it. I had the first floor just the way I wanted it, wall/floor/ceiling wise, and I went to color the 2cd floor only to realize when I changed it, it changed the first floor to the same as it >,<. And to make matters even more frustrating, the custom designed floor I made, wouldn't even show up. So I got my work cut out for me. :shock:
Eleven Warrior

Post by Eleven Warrior »

Komag said the 10 percent thing before ahy.. What does he mean?

Maybe a repeat effort ahy..
odinsballs

Post by odinsballs »

ExpDevourer wrote:
Komag wrote:Good to see you! Good luck on finishing the project, and remember, the last 10% takes 50% of the time! ;)
Hey Komag long time no see! Yeah, I'm the Michelangelo of project building, I'll start on something, get sidetracked doing something else, forget about it, then remember..."hey wasn't I working on something else before?" But heh, I'm back at it, I started during the holidays, but from where I had been away from it for so long, I forgot how to do all the intricate parts of the creation editing portion, I got annoyed and backed away from it again, so I have to reacquaint myself with the scripts and all that jazz. First task, same problem I had before I left, I have to figure out how to separate the floors for coloring purposes, awhile back when I was working on it. I had the first floor just the way I wanted it, wall/floor/ceiling wise, and I went to color the 2cd floor only to realize when I changed it, it changed the first floor to the same as it >,<. And to make matters even more frustrating, the custom designed floor I made, wouldn't even show up. So I got my work cut out for me. :shock:
use nifftools to assign multiple textures to according model nodes, during model port, then in gmt assign correct material to corresponding node and voila.... Multi textured model implemented
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

Eleven Warrior wrote:Komag said the 10 percent thing before ahy.. What does he mean?

Maybe a repeat effort ahy..
Just that wrapping things up takes just as much time as thinking up the idea, and setting the groundwork.
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
ExpDevourer

Post by ExpDevourer »

odinsballs wrote:
ExpDevourer wrote:
use nifftools to assign multiple textures to according model nodes, during model port, then in gmt assign correct material to corresponding node and voila.... Multi textured model implemented
Nifftools? Never heard of that one before, I'll look that up, heh you make it sound simple :P. My biggest problem is motivation, starting to work on it, once I start its easy, its just nudging myself to actually start that's an issue, but I'm heading into the toolset right now to see what I can do with this thing. Its been 20% done for the past 2 some years. ;)

Went looking for that Nifftools deal, didn't see it anywhere, can you toss me a link, next time you get on here?
odinsballs

Post by odinsballs »

here is the link for homepage of nifscope (niftools), its freeware and is used by many fallout 3/nv/ skyrim modders

http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/NifSkope

when using this just make sure the models that are imported are 3ds. format, and when edited export to obj. format
it lets you do all kinds of extra suff to your model like uv map editting , smoothing model and node editing and a whole bunch more (i as an amateur moddeler found this program verry user friendly and versataile) so there ye go ;)
ExpDevourer

Post by ExpDevourer »

Thx, I'll give that a try, can't be anymore difficult to figure out than that blasted blender program, wayyyyy too much math for someone who was never taught anything beyond basic Algebra, the rest I picked up on my own. >,<
odinsballs

Post by odinsballs »

ExpDevourer wrote:Thx, I'll give that a try, can't be anymore difficult to figure out than that blasted blender program, wayyyyy too much math for someone who was never taught anything beyond basic Algebra, the rest I picked up on my own. >,<
oh then you'll definately like niftools, because i'm no mathematical progidy either, i mostly use it between porting to resolve various issues, but the node management functions of niftools have helped me a lot in the past (especially Multi part/ Multi textured stuff, so i hope it works as well for you as it does for me