[MOD] Remember of Treihadwyl (Bloodwych 8 bits remake)

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Dhomochevsky

Re: [MOD] Remember of Treihadwyl

Post by Dhomochevsky »

I'm really embarrassed for that, I usually do a better job. Before upload this post, i complete this mod without problems playing from beginning to end but seems i upload a wrong .dat or overwrite correct file editor because you found errors fixed long time ago(i delete all of that, no more old versions). Good news...there are only 5 or 6 more levels in the game, you are closer to the end.
i have lightning rod but didn't work on puzzle.. maybe I have some other wrong object ??
You need
SpoilerShow
rock, water flask (founded at the end of moon tower), that rod and demon blade(founded on dragon tower).
I can say you this works :D
I put your party at the beginning of 3rd floor on chaos tower, without keys etc. You need to repeat that floor and next but is the best positon i can do. More experience on your party XD later i send your save.
I have curiosity, anyone found "x marks the spot..." treasure on dragon tower?
arskaxx

Post by arskaxx »

I have all four objects, but the door will not open :(
Is clues in the wrong places or another bug ????

"x marks the spot..." interest to me too (not found) :)
Dhomochevsky

Post by Dhomochevsky »

Good news I can put your party at the same point you are trapped :D just after the door.
I have all four objects, but the door will not open :(
Is clues in the wrong places or another bug ????
I'm playing with your save and i see the problem... your lighting rod are empty. Inside editor game discriminate between lighting_rod and empty_lighting_rod, same from fire_blade and empty_fire_blade.
My script for this alcove:
function itemPuzzleWind()
-- iterate through all contained items on alcove, checking for a matching name
for i in WindAlcove:containedItems() do
if i.name == "lightning_rod" then
itemPuzzleEarth()
break
end
end
end
For example on dragon tower you can get zhandul orb because on fire alcove you put a fire_blade not a empty_fire_blade. That is the reason. I do that consciously, not a bug. Don't worry i put this secret
SpoilerShow
shield of elements
on Arska inventory ;)
I modify this scripts too but only for advice if anyone put empty object on alcove. Not for open the door. Something like "Sorry but you need this object with charges, not empty". Playing with your save i see a little bug on skeleton alcove for this tower... i fix that detail too but not on this version.
arskaxx

Post by arskaxx »

Dhomochevsky wrote:Good news I can put your party at the same point you are trapped :D just after the door.
Huh, thank you for this :D
Dhomochevsky

Post by Dhomochevsky »

I send your save :D tell me if you found something wrong before the end >___<
Theorically the door is open now if not tell me and i put your save one step far away ;) (one minute for do that)
arskaxx

Post by arskaxx »

Mission accomplished :)
The last level was very funny :mrgreen:
I confess that I cheated a little bit (spawn food), the food ran out, and I could not rest :oops:
Too many secrets remained undetected and treasures found only 3/6 .
Maybe I'll start once again from the beginning.
Dhomochevsky

Post by Dhomochevsky »

Congratulations arskaxx!! you are the first :D
If you are thinking about starting again wait until i upload correct .dat. I delete from onedrive waiting until anyone complete because i'm not sure about another bug XDD
Treasures are 5 but because i do dirty things :lol: :lol: to your save game seems one was duplicated on final statistics. Probably you not found dragon and chaos treasures. For dragon you need to solve "x marks the spot" (not easy), and chaos tower treasure are really hard to find but you are close with combinations because found 2 previous secrets.
I'm going to put a post with total number of secrets on any tower and treasures for information and i'm thinking about to do a little document like a manual with tips and other ideas, photos of original 8 bits bloodwych compared with this mod etc. You see at the end "our heroes" right? was a little tribute to original game.
arskaxx

Post by arskaxx »

Dhomochevsky wrote:Congratulations arskaxx!! you are the first :D
Thanks !
Dhomochevsky wrote:For dragon you need to solve "x marks the spot" (not easy)
Must test this with older savegame, if i have ....
Dhomochevsky wrote: chaos tower treasure are really hard to find but you are close with combinations because found 2 previous secrets.
I think that there are too many possible combinations, but maybe I'll try even more.
Dhomochevsky wrote:I'm going to put a post with total number of secrets on any tower and treasures for information and i'm thinking about to do a little document like a manual with tips and other ideas, photos of original 8 bits bloodwych compared with this mod etc.
That's a good idea :)
Dhomochevsky wrote: You see at the end "our heroes" right? was a little tribute to original game.
Yes, i see :)
Dhomochevsky

Post by Dhomochevsky »

I upload right .dat on my onedrive folder and grimrock nexus. With that anyone can play complete mod now.

A little info about secrets and treasures:
- Main Tower: 9 secrets -- 0 treasures and one bonus room
- Serpent Tower: 8 secrets -- 1 treasure and one bonus room
- Moon Tower: 7 secrests -- 1 treasure
- Dragon Tower: 10 secrets -- 1 treasure
- Chaos Tower: 6 secrets -- 1 treasure
- Zendick's Tower: 1 treasure

Now thinking about little-short manual (nothing spectacular).
arskaxx

Post by arskaxx »

Oh no, I started a new game and the serpent tower is almost at the end, but I have found only 5 secret, forced to look even more closely ;)

Main tower i found all 9 :)

How to open this door, any hints ?????

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8yRdN ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8yRdN ... sp=sharing