[MOD] Demiosis Domain

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
RMariano

[MOD] Demiosis Domain

Post by RMariano »

This is one VERY impressive mod. 630mb of delight.

I am playing it now.....

Brain breaking puzzles, stunning grafx and audio. Its available on Nexus. You all owe it to yourselves to check this one out.

EDIT by Komag:
http://grimrock.nexusmods.com/mods/296//?
Last edited by RMariano on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

RMariano
Ryeath_Greystalk

Re: [MOD] Demiosis Domain-296-V1-0

Post by Ryeath_Greystalk »

How is this one in the way of computer performance? I have play the original in low rez, but it runs ok.
germanny

Post by germanny »

Ah, one of the few who used my wallset ;)
Will play it.
Dungeon Master Resource Pack worker and passionated Beer drinker
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Looks nice and the performance of the outdoor part is way better then in ORXY's mod but there are some things i already dislike:

1st: a monster dealing a hit to a single character causes that FPS style screen sizes blood splash as if it hit the whole party
-> LoG is NO shooter. Can we please get rid of this?

2nd: the custom music has been set as ambient/sound effect
-> Due to this the music has the same volume as all sound effect. This makes it very hard if not impossible to hear any sounds of walls/doors/trapdoors/monsters moving and other things happening.
-> The music WAV files are prolly the reason why this mod is so large.

Edit:
3rd: being poisoned causes a screen sized green poison splash and screen shake effect every time that character takes damage from poison
-> see 1st

4th: when all characters are poisoned the party can become unable to move/turn
In this mod poison does inflicts short bursts of paralysis to a character along with the regular posion damage. With the whole party poisoned also all characteres get paralysed now and then. If all characters experience paralysis at the same time moving/turning the party is disabled.
-> mod begins to annoy me; not a good sign
-> poison traps are virtually deathtraps
-> this also makes rather weak poison damage dealing creatures very dangerous

Edit 2:
5th: nothing against completly consealed and undetectable floor spike traps now and then. But a whole maze of them when 2+ kill the entire party? The spike traps cause 35 to 60 damage so a young mage is lucky to survive even a single one of them.
-> reload orgies are hardly fun
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Ok i'm stuck.

I made it to the first room of level 8 (Labyrinth 2F) that is reachable by stairs. There are 12 pressure plates resembling a circle or clock face and this walltext: "Time is relative, but pure evil will never be forgotten. So speak the dark lord, and so it is written."

My take is that the walltexts previously seen inside the Labyrinth levels hold the key to this dial because each of them contained a number. What i got is a roman "V" which would be five, then "Eleven" and "Fifteen". Yet i can't figure this one out. It may be that i miss at least one walltext since the SE corner of level 7 (Labyrinth 1F) is yet unaccessible. Also i'm in doubt how to re-present numbers larger then twelve on a dial. Finally it is not given that what is supposed to happen will happen in this room because i've seen all over this mod that pushing a button activates something very far away.

Edit
These are the wall messages found on level 7 (Labyrinth 1F):
1st: "V mark the spot"
-> as the mod author just messaged me on steam this belongs to another puzzle (already solved it)

2nd: "With his last breath the elder spoke of Fifteen runic scrolls..."
3rd: "Demiosis managed to steal them all and with his new found knownledge, he was able to raise an army of darkness. Eleven villages and towns did not survive the assault."

Edit 2 (failed to re-locate a wall text)
4th: "Killing Thirty-Five thousands innocents in his wake."

Edit 3
Solved it! Oh that was mean :twisted:
PS: yeah 2nd point in my previous post didn't make this one easier too
Inspiredhate

Post by Inspiredhate »

Thanks a lot for all the replies people!
V1.2 is already out with some balancing fixes and bugs squashing!
As always , your constructives comments are welcome!
A special thanks to Germanny you sir have made a really awesome and customizable tileset!
Also, thanks to Dr.Disaster for his constructive criticisim.

V1.2 Fixes:

Bugs:
Music volumes have been lowered to help with auditives cues.
Floor 7 trap room work as it should be.

Tweaks:
Lowered poison ticks and paralysis by 10% for each effect
Lowered the damage of a specific kind of trap on floor 1,6 and 7

Misc:
Added a pointer for V mark the spot.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Just had a crash on level 15 during the fight with Garok. Last screen i've seen was an ogre walking into a poison cloud.

#script_entity_360:3: attempt to index global 'ogre_diseased_bossm_2' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
#script_entity_360:3: in function <#script_entity_360:1>
[string "ScriptEntity.lua"]: in function 'onMessageReceived'
[string "MessageSystem.lua"]: in function 'sendMessageToEntity'
[string "MessageSystem.lua"]: in function 'broadcastMessage'
[string "TriggerEvents.lua"]: in function 'fire'
[string "Timer.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateEntities'
[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'updateLevels'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk

Edit
ohoh i experience even more crashes here, either with the message above or this one:

#script_entity_360:2: attempt to index global 'ogre_diseased_bossm_1' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
#script_entity_360:2: in function <#script_entity_360:1>
[string "ScriptEntity.lua"]: in function 'onMessageReceived'
[string "MessageSystem.lua"]: in function 'sendMessageToEntity'
[string "MessageSystem.lua"]: in function 'broadcastMessage'
[string "TriggerEvents.lua"]: in function 'fire'
[string "Timer.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateEntities'
[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'updateLevels'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk

and if those poison balls are spawned: they do insane amounts of damage and are very hard to dodge
Inspiredhate

Post by Inspiredhate »

Ok found out the problem in question, already fixed, adding V1.3
Thanks for your continued support and bug finding skills Doc!
Also, I gotta say , im impressed that you already made it this far! keep it up , you're almost out!

ho and I wanna know, even with the bug did you managed to clear it out? if not ill send you a Pm with the infos to beat it with the bug.
Also, yhea the poison ball in this room are especially deadly, must use visual clue to help you dodge them but since its a boss im less likely to lower down poison ball damage since the poison ticks will already be lowered in 1.2.

Edit: Also tell me if you load mid fight or before the fight
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Inspiredhate wrote:Ok found out the problem in question, already fixed, adding V1.3
Thanks for your continued support and bug finding skills Doc!
Also, I gotta say , im impressed that you already made it this far! keep it up , you're almost out!

ho and I wanna know, even with the bug did you managed to clear it out? if not ill send you a Pm with the infos to beat it with the bug.
Also, yhea the poison ball in this room are especially deadly, must use visual clue to help you dodge them but since its a boss im less likely to lower down poison ball damage since the poison ticks will already be lowered in 1.2.

Edit: Also tell me if you load mid fight or before the fight
Don't think i'm almost out .. still got the Vault to do .. and some secret backtracks :D

Lucky me saved right in front of the door leading to this fight so after experiencing the first crash i could restart it .. and restart it .. and restart it .. (never saved mid-fight here cause i smelt that won't work well)

Most of the time the crash posted above happened a bit after i killed one of the side-kicks. Then sometimes the poison balls got launched mid-fight (one and sometimes two monsters were down) which did quick work of my party; the GPU stress they cause added to it too.

I guess it took me ten+ attempts including LoG restarts until i finally managed to complete this fight. Yet i think it did not end the way it's supposed to: i killed the boss first which opened the doors before any of the poison balls were launched so i had room to toy with the remains. The poison balls then started flying before all enemies were out and kept on flying after the fight was over and the loot collected.

btw: i already run 1.2; swaped it in at level 9 start. I was not talking about the poison tick damage which is ok now. I ment the poison ball damage on impact; IIRC damage range was about 40+ to 60+ plus poison effect.
Inspiredhate

Post by Inspiredhate »

All of what you described me should be fixed with 1.3, and ok, ill lower the poison ball impact damage ^^' but what was supposed to happen is, when you kill both minions or you lower boss at certain hp the traps start up and end when boss + minions are dead , should work as intended now even on reload mid fight.

Edit: Myhea , the lag is a bit harder on lower end pc in this fight. Probly need to lower graphic quality for this one. All the objects on this floor dosent help to be honest..