[MOD] LE PRIX DE LA LIBERTE (french & English language)

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Dr.Disaster

Re: [MOD] LE PRIX DE LA LIBERTE (french & English language)

Post by Dr.Disaster »

ORYX wrote:
SpoilerShow
In level of Mysteriam Zoo, you must find the 2 red gems & 2 green gems found in the same level... Unfortunately there's no difference between the others gems from the game...
Figured it out!
SpoilerShow
The messages are written beside the wrong heads. After switching the gems over to the adjacent head it worked :D
ORYX wrote:For others gems, you should melt in gold coins !!!!
Not needed i got more then enough already.
SpoilerShow
Yet you perhaps should consider reducing the amount of gold disolved when a slime hits the party. One hit can remove several hundreds of thousands coins!
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

What to do with all this gold nuggets?
Regards,

RMariano
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Finished in 22:45 with a new LoG default party(*) with all secrets found, 10 skulls picked up and over 2.6 million gold coins :D

I explizitly said "10 skulls picked up" because i found 11 skull but i can't the heck grab the very first one i've seen in the mod.
SpoilerShow
It is beside a teleporter on level 21. To reach it i need to strafe in but it always beams me away before i'm able to grab it
(*) The description says to use a level 10 party. Now if one is cautious at start new works too; my party was level 14 at the end.

Once again i burned a long weekend to play a new mod and for this one i must say: WOW! As i already stated before it has TONS :!: of ear and eye candy. The maps are very creative which sometimes makes it really easy to get lost even with the automap so this mod should not be played by beginners. Due to the main goal of the mod (the hunt for gold and treasure) there are a lot(!) of hidden areas including some very hidden switches :twisted: Also tons of different monsters including really HUGE(!) spiders :shock: and some really cool yet not too hard puzzles; my favorite without spoiling too much was the living dozer 8-)

Now some finds and observations:
Food is no problem at all; there is more then plenty early on and later there are water fountains. Reagents are fine too.
Flasks can get destroyed in this mod but there are also plenty to find so no big deal.

The gem handling of this mod is a bit odd. Gems will not appear different but they are; more then once i could not proceed because i re-used gems from previous levels and not those to-be-found on the current level.

This maybe needs fixing:
SpoilerShow
There are emtpy wall texts at level 4 center room and level 19 south-east corner.

The custom shields (of Lion, of Giant/Dragon Slayer, Dark Legion) have no custom properties beside their evasion value and this does not even exceed the evasion value of round respectivly heavy shields (+7 / +10) )so no reason to use them beside the differnt looks.

The amount of gold coins disolved when the party gets hit by a slime can be insane. I have had up to six digit numbers been taken from me per hit which is an automatic reload for me.

Do the pits of level 1 need to be that .. squishy? I'd like to explore it but can't.

At level 6 south-east corner of the dining hall and at level 14 north-east corner beside the door group are indestructible barrels.
The quality of the available gear matches the party requirement of lvl 10 yet the amount could be more. Then again the player should prolly go upstairs first to the armory and not straight downstairs like i did :roll:
SpoilerShow
The amount of findable gear seems a bit limited. There are barely enough armor parts and clothes to get the party dressed. Contar got all the light armor and later the heavy armor parts, Mork went with all dex/evasion stuff and the backrow stayed naked for a long long time until i could get them some pants and boots.

On weapons it took Contar a bit to acquire a regular long sword and that got used until i finally managed to access the armory. Mork went Unarmed which was a lucky guess because the first mace i could get was an Ogre Hammer from the first slain ogre. No cudgel/knoffer mace/warhammer anywhere. Same for axes: it took forever to come up with a simple handaxe and then nothing else, no battle axe or Norja anywhere. Sancsaron went bare handed until i got into the armory for a whitewood wand which is not what i'd expect to find there for a lvl 10+ mage. Yennica went with Throwing because i found six rocks rather quick. Yet she kept using those six rocks until the very end because she could not come up with another stackable or reliable throwing weapon.
Throwers may have a hard time, depending on how they do with the Chakram. I'd say the Chakram is still beta and needs more work before put into a mod; at least not as the main throwing weapon. It would be a nice weapon IF it's auto-return and re-equip would work well but i found that most of the time they don't. Very often the Chakram does not re-equip and just drops in front of the party. Now and then it does not even return at all.

Some of the secrets appear a bit strange to me. I recall at least two that are required(!) to advance/complete a room.

Finally I found another crash issue right at the end:
SpoilerShow
when i have enough coins and place the bag twice back into it's place the game crashes with

#gestionGold:441: duplicated entity id
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
[string "ScriptEntity.lua"]: in function 'spawn'
#gestionGold:441: in function <#gestionGold:428>
[string "ScriptEntity.lua"]: in function 'onMessageReceived'
[string "MessageSystem.lua"]: in function 'sendMessageToEntity'
[string "MessageSystem.lua"]: in function 'broadcastMessage'
[string "TriggerEvents.lua"]: in function 'fire'
[string "ObjectContainer.lua"]: in function 'addItem'
[string "ObjectContainer.lua"]: in function 'onClick'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'mousePressed'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk

Also the end seems a bit short, compared to the intro and the lenght of the mod.
Last edited by Dr.Disaster on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ORYX

Post by ORYX »

RMariano wrote:What to do with all this gold nuggets?

Hi !

Have you used the YLDIS key ? (indication on scroll beginning...)
You will find there two forges. Use the most effective forging to produce gold coins...... ;)
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

OK, am in the Chateau Molebrune Level6 niv1.

I've opened the pit jumped down, Transported back up, pressed all the buttons I could find and still, I cannot get out.
Regards,

RMariano
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

RMariano wrote:OK, am in the Chateau Molebrune Level6 niv1.

I've opened the pit jumped down, Transported back up, pressed all the buttons I could find and still, I cannot get out.
I bet you missed at least one button. Check both the garden and pit very VERY(!) carefully.
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

I found and pressed the little button that turns off the fountain.....
Regards,

RMariano
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

RMariano wrote:I found and pressed the little button that turns off the fountain.....
... which prolly didn't do it, right?
SpoilerShow
You need to find and press all buttons to lift all statues inside the center structure. After that use the structure.
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
RMariano wrote:I found and pressed the little button that turns off the fountain.....
... which prolly didn't do it, right?
SpoilerShow
You need to find and press all buttons to lift all statues inside the center structure. After that use the structure.
I've managed to raise all but one statue. I've found and pressed the three buttons found in the corners and in the one corner by the cross dropped the statue.

Still one statue remains in the structure.... the one closest to the pit. I am seemingly stuck.
Regards,

RMariano
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

RMariano wrote:I've managed to raise all but one statue. I've found and pressed the three buttons found in the corners and in the one corner by the cross dropped the statue.

Still one statue remains in the structure.... the one closest to the pit. I am seemingly stuck.
SpoilerShow
At the structure's door is a button that is not wall-mounted. Look for more of these in the garden.