[MOD] - The Sunset Gate - RELEASED

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
bongobeat

Re: [MOD] - The Sunset Gate - RELEASED

Post by bongobeat »

Great mod!
thanks for that! I ve finished it yesterday, some things were hard, but with the help in this thread it's ok! ;)
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
Xanathar

Post by Xanathar »

Back!
Sorry for being away from the forums so long, and very very much thanks to dr Disaster and the others who offered help and replies in this forum in my absence!

@Jkos:
Sadly I didn't use grimwidgets in the end .. and I still have no completely rational reason for that :?
The sources are on Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/277/?

Also I did a thread to discuss the sources, but it died shortly: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5564
Waking Violet (Steam, PS4, PSVita, Switch) : http://www.wakingviolet.com

The Sunset Gate [MOD]: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5563

My preciousss: http://www.moonsharp.org
Glew

Post by Glew »

Hi!

Nice mod. I unluckily got stuck because I couldn't resurrect anyone. It was really annoying and I was reading this forum for like 10 pages and it wasn't mentioned. But then I got the notion that maybe it is this map-marker bug. And it was!!! :x

It looks like a big problem, because I'm pretty sure many people use markers. So I would like to suggest to please, please add a "known issue" to the description of the mod saying something like "Map markers may interfere with certain scripts. Please don't place mapmarkers on cells that look like they have something important in them, place the markers a few cells away, or don't use them."

Please consider it. I was thinking that I'm super dumb for not figuring out how to resurrect people and getting stuck right at the beginning.

Looking forward to the rest of this.
coreystinson

Post by coreystinson »

Great mod, a lot of fun like the original game itself. Great to see the additional story features and the different style of character creation/development was a fun change.

I have noticed a problem with the mod though, specifically in the "Room of Planned Sacrifice":
SpoilerShow
I couldn't and still can't solve this, even after reading some hint. The problem is the timing on the three pits vs. intercepting the poison bolt. On my system, the timing is so tight that as far as I can tell it's impossible. Once I am teleported(?) after pressing the button the poison bolt has already landed at the receptacle and there is not even time for me to back up one step to intercept it. I've tried this 20 times and the timing is just TOO TIGHT. I have a pretty fast computer too but the room is sluggish with all of the activity going on and I think that is not helping the situation. I've tried turning down the rendering, etc. and still can't get it.

The timing between the button press and when the poison bolt strikes the receptacle (supposedly disabling the exit teleporter) is also so tight that it makes it nearly impossible to notice that the exit teleporter ever goes off, which is a hint about what to do.
coreystinson

Post by coreystinson »

Solved. Re: my post above.
SpoilerShow
The solution is to not cross the three pits and press the button when the pits first close. Instead, player should wait around one second then cross the pits and push the button. Doing so allows the poison bolt already in progress to strike before pressing the button, leaving plenty of time to intercept the next poison bolt that will be coming.

Still would never have figured this puzzle out w/o a hint about what the button/poison bolt did. Very obtuse puzzle, the most difficult one in game for me.
MLE_muse

Post by MLE_muse »

Hey! Playing your mod I'm absolutely amazed!! I'm a little stuck. Although I've explored down to level 5, I can't seem to open the southeast gate on level 1 and I haven't found the two round keys for the key holes in the south room on level 2. Any possibility of help?
I'm notorious for just going on in a game because it's so much fun to explore and then completely miss important things because I missed something little.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

MLE_muse wrote:Although I've explored down to level 5, I can't seem to open the southeast gate on level 1 and I haven't found the two round keys for the key holes in the south room on level 2. Any possibility of help?
To open the southeast gate on level 1 (the lever on it's other side works) you have to find a way around the gate.
SpoilerShow
Looking at my maps you have to go thru the prison area on level 3 past the Death Shrine and then upwards.
Since you already made it out of level 2 i don't think you'll need keys there anymore.
sjuk

Post by sjuk »

Thank you very much for this great mod. But I think I'm stuck with the ores.
SpoilerShow
I've 9 enriched ores, and only 2 raw ores left.
I read before there were 13 ores. But that one more ore won't help, because only with an amount of 5 ores the fire or air rune can be used to enrich the ores, as I read before. I don't really know how that could happen?!? Very confusing. Do you have any clue for me?
Thx