[MOD]Toorum's Manor

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
bongobeat

Re: [MOD]Toorum's Manor

Post by bongobeat »

Hello,
try to use frost bombs, or the freeze spell on the goromorg, (normally you have found a scroll of freeze spell, before entering the temple level)

this spell helps a lot

The goromorg can be laggy sometimes, I got that on my old computer. If it becomes unplayable I lower the graphic options.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

bongobeat wrote:Hello,
try to use frost bombs, or the freeze spell on the goromorg, (normally you have found a scroll of freeze spell, before entering the temple level)

this spell helps a lot

The goromorg can be laggy sometimes, I got that on my old computer. If it becomes unplayable I lower the graphic options.
i might try that, but i think, that ťey will kill me before i manage to freeze them...
hopefully, ťe lag will go away if i lower ťe graphic. it did work on something else before.
thanks for ťe tip.
Duncan1246

Post by Duncan1246 »

Hi Bongobeat,
I tried to play your mod, but LOG crashes at the first save, "Not enough memory" I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M  plus 8 Go of RAM, (on Mac OSX 10.8.5) so I think memory isn't the point. In addition, I see warnings on the beginning pointing out misplacement of several items (cells positions different from world positions).
I hope you can fix it
Duncan
The Blue Monastery (LOG1)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/399/?

Finisterrae(LOG2)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/61/?
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

Hello,

don't think I can fix "that not enough memory", curious, you are the first to report that error in this version of the mod! :shock:

It may be the amount of additional textures loaded, try to reduce the texture quality to medium. The 8go of ram of your operating system will not be helpful, I don't think the grimrock application is a 64bit app on mac os. If this work on the same way as windows os.
I ve had that problem a long time ago, and had to remove many textures to make it work, in the first versions. (The mod has been developped on a mac os with a geforce gt640m)
please re-try to save, in high textures definition or medium textures definition.

about the warnings, it surely can be done, but I don't know the way. These lines come from the skysystem, by default they are printed, but how to fix that, I don't know.
the easy way to remove those lines, is to open the console and type:

Code: Select all

clear

Duncan1246

Post by Duncan1246 »

bongobeat wrote:Hello,

don't think I can fix "that not enough memory", curious, you are the first to report that error in this version of the mod! :shock:

It may be the amount of additional textures loaded, try to reduce the texture quality to medium. The 8go of ram of your operating system will not be helpful, I don't think the grimrock application is a 64bit app on mac os. If this work on the same way as windows os.
I ve had that problem a long time ago, and had to remove many textures to make it work, in the first versions. (The mod has been developped on a mac os with a geforce gt640m)
please re-try to save, in high textures definition or medium textures definition.

about the warnings, it surely can be done, but I don't know the way. These lines come from the skysystem, by default they are printed, but how to fix that, I don't know.
the easy way to remove those lines, is to open the console and type:

Code: Select all

clear
Thanks Bongobeat. I shall try with lower graphics; about your remark, this Imac is an I7, 64 bits and Mac can handle the full memory (Windows has limitations) but perhaps LOG can't....
Duncan
The Blue Monastery (LOG1)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/399/?

Finisterrae(LOG2)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/61/?
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

Nope, log for windows is a 32bit applications, I don't think that they made a 64bit version for mac os computers. Or you wouldn't have those issue "not enough memory" (if the issue comes from the amount of textures)

Honnestly, making a x64 app can be problematic for windows users that are currently still under a win 32 os. And even if they made one, playing a mod which was done on a x64 os (with a 64bit log) on a x32 os could give lot of "not enough memory" issues, if the modder has imported 1gb or more of additional textures :lol:

saigyo

Post by saigyo »

Hello Bongobeat...

Thank you for a terrific mod. Super!

Can't find those blue gems in the catacombs! Please help...

Thank you.

Tom
saigyo

Post by saigyo »

AGHHHH....I had them all along. I was looking for fancy diamond shaped gems not the blue ones staring me in the face...onward!

Thank you so much for many hours of Grimrock loveliness.

Tom
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

saigyo wrote:AGHHHH....I had them all along. I was looking for fancy diamond shaped gems not the blue ones staring me in the face...onward!

Thank you so much for many hours of Grimrock loveliness.

Tom
Hello Tom,

glad you found them finally! :D

saigyo

Post by saigyo »

Hello Bongobeat,

So glad you still visit the forums as I am stuck and don't know what to do next.

Done quite a bit of level 4, The Halls and found my way down to the Great Hall. I have no idea what the "Missing item" is for the 6th alter in the Great Hall. Tried everything. can't find any more secrets, done all four surrounding rooms and the secret passage. Don't know if I need to go back up to level 4 and keep looking.

Thank you for your help.

Tom