[MOD]Toorum's Manor

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
bongobeat

Re: [MOD]Toorum's Manor

Post by bongobeat »

Hmmmn,

I wonder where you get 2 firestaffs, 2 primal gauntlets, boots, cuirass and greaves, also I'm not even sure if it is possible to have more than one adamantite armor set pieces.
But hey, what's that? 3 primal bracelets? Wahouu, I didn't also remember that you can have three of them :lol:

Update: version 1.49 is up, changes are mostly the removing of textures to reduce the mod size.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
ene

Post by ene »

wait boss. do you insinuate that I cheated ?

no way. it's not even fair. All i did is that i used every useable forges :mrgreen: searched every single part of the the dungeon.. (all right, i used the console a lot - to teleport around, but that was just to make sure i didn't miss anything - when i had a doubt, that is).

See? just your average conscientious adventurer. nothing more ;)
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Is there count for secrets for each level?
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

There is a count in the mod description file.

Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Best MOD i played for LOG1, Toorum manor. I am playing it now while waiting for Call of House Hardabar new update.

Would ask for some secrets, cant find them.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

bongobeat wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:54 pm There is a count in the mod description file.
Need help with 1 secret please on lvl 15 (Stairs).

There is secret area after healing crystal and near 3 rooms that give items for Gold coins.
Healing crystal block access to area, visible behind.
How to get this secret?

p.s.

15: 3 secrets / 1 treasure
1. First stairs to the north from entrance. Press 2 hidden buttons. Tome of health. Glass battleaxe.
2. Press button near 2nd emerald key. Treasure. Maximo the Brun's hat.
3. ?
ene

Post by ene »

the secret area behind the crystal:

Go downstairs to Frozen land, turn back and go upstairs again - then freeze!

Now in the stairs, take a step side on the left > fake wall

wow my notes aren't that bad actually :lol:
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

ene wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:20 pm the secret area behind the crystal:

Go downstairs to Frozen land, turn back and go upstairs again - then freeze!

Now in the stairs, take a step side on the left > fake wall

wow my notes aren't that bad actually :lol:

Wicked secret, would not find it.

Is there a trick to crafting ancient firestaff? Seems to do all needed, have recipe, but it does not work. Big adamantite rock = ? Tried Heavy Raw Adamantite, Raw Adamantite, Enriched Adamantite, Enriched Material... nothing works.

Should be Empty firestaff, forge hammer, mystic power gem and big adamantite rock (combine with anvil).

p.s. How to use "upgrade tools" for rocket launchers?
ene

Post by ene »

well.. it's a long time..

let me check my notes :mrgreen:

hmm, just have something about an empty firestaff, not 'ancient'.

for the empty firestaff anyway.. Forge Hammer, Heavy Raw Adamantite + Power Mystic Gem. Heavy raw adamandites are found in levels 20 & 22.

Whisper wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:29 am p.s. How to use "upgrade tools" for rocket launchers?
Sorry, i never managed to get this tool work, don't even know if it's possible, you shoud ask bongobeat ;)

I think (but i may be wrong) you can find some 'upgraded rockets' in the latter levels (it shots a little quicker, with more ammos, too)
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

ene wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:27 am well.. it's a long time..

let me check my notes :mrgreen:

hmm, just have something about an empty firestaff, not 'ancient'.

for the empty firestaff anyway.. Forge Hammer, Heavy Raw Adamantite + Power Mystic Gem. Heavy raw adamandites are found in levels 20 & 22.

Whisper wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:29 am p.s. How to use "upgrade tools" for rocket launchers?
Sorry, i never managed to get this tool work, don't even know if it's possible, you shoud ask bongobeat ;)

I think (but i may be wrong) you can find some 'upgraded rockets' in the latter levels (it shots a little quicker, with more ammos, too)
I'm glad that at least someone keep some notes, as for myself I can't remember most of the thing there.

To do that you will need the artificer box, there is one in the level 7 - old warehouse, trough an invisible wall in the "large" where there is all warden cells, in 19,14
It looks like a wooden box, but more orange/yellow. You use it like a mortar for spell.

You put the old rocket launcher and the upgrade within the artificer box and it will upgrade the item.
But do not put an empty rocket launcher, it won't work. Works only with a R.L; with at least one charge left.

For the firestaff:
you need a raw adamantite (big) ore, a crafting hammer, the power mystic gem and the empty firestaff.