[MOD]Toorum's Manor

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
leewroy

Re: [MOD]Toorum's Dungeon

Post by leewroy »

Alright. You can send me the link, if you want, and I´ll start playing next saturday ;)
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

bongobeat wrote:Mhhh the pesky critters? Well What is that? Sorry I m not enough good in english :shock:
Pesky Critters = Keys I was hunting.
Regards,

RMariano
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

RMariano wrote:
bongobeat wrote:Mhhh the pesky critters? Well What is that? Sorry I m not enough good in english :shock:
Pesky Critters = Keys I was hunting.

Ok :D
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

leewroy wrote:Alright. You can send me the link, if you want, and I´ll start playing next saturday ;)
Pm sent :)

Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

Hi

When can we play this mod?

Thanks

:)
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Started playing about an hour ago. Here's my fist impressions and notes:
SpoilerShow
1) You should put a torch earlier. Without the light spell the very begining is dark, until you find the first one. The second torch comes after the fisrt has lost the light for quite some time. You know, we like to explore very well ;)
After that I guess the torch thing is going well, so far.
2) The steel arrows doesn't work. When I try to shot one, it always returns the message saying "no ammo".
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

Numberouane wrote:Hi

When can we play this mod?

Thanks

:)
Hello,
when the testers will finish it, or at least go far, and give me some impression :D
I don't know, maybe in one or 2 week, who knows?

bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

leewroy wrote:Started playing about an hour ago. Here's my fist impressions and notes:
SpoilerShow
1) You should put a torch earlier. Without the light spell the very begining is dark, until you find the first one. The second torch comes after the fisrt has lost the light for quite some time. You know, we like to explore very well ;)
After that I guess the torch thing is going well, so far.
2) The steel arrows doesn't work. When I try to shot one, it always returns the message saying "no ammo".
Hi,

Well I didnt put some torchs, because I didn't like the lighting effect under the sky. But normally you didnt need them in the first level.
I will add more if it is realy needed.
For the steel arrow, you need to find a steel longbow, or you can't use them on the short bow, or any other bow. Each bow use is own arrows (exept the short bow, the longbow and the crookern longbow, which uses the simple arrow)
I have problems with the arrows, so I made different bows. Hope you got muscles, because you will carry lot of arrows (maybe)

leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Indeed. I realized that something was wrong with the arrow when I found
SpoilerShow
the elven arrow, or something like that
I payed better attention to the description and saw that it can't be fired with a regular bow.

Anyway, so far it's been a great dungeon, but now I´m, stuck :mrgreen:
SpoilerShow
There are two doors I can't open; one need the gear key and the other metal solid key. In another hand I have to keys I could not find a place to use: stairs key and old iron key. Any clues?
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

I'm also missing the gear key, but maybe I could help you with the solid metal key. Only one problem I don't remember where I found it :D

I'm stuck myself in the catacombs up in the far north where you have to put four items in the corresponding alcoves.
SpoilerShow
I tried the ninja quarterstaff for the ninja weapon, the whitewood wand for the wizard, a blue gem or the orb of radiance for something blue as sky and a torch or a scroll of light for give me light. But nothing happened.
So far I liked exploring and this mod is full of secrets and great items. The monsters are challenging but beatable so far.