[MOD]Toorum's Manor

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
bongobeat

Re: [MOD]Toorum's Manor

Post by bongobeat »

it seems that sometime it don't work, because I forgot to activate an options for the 4 alcoves, will be fixed in the next version.
finally if you don't success to open the door, then tell me and I will explain it to you by pm.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

Hi,
so it appears I'm at my wits' end. Therefore I would be very happy if someone dropped some hints as to how to open the doors to the warehouse on level 6 in that gigantic mining area. Thank you. :)
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

Hello,

well first you need to get a gear key (obtained by going trough a pit, in the north section of the big caves/mining area. The way is blocked by a wooded door, opened by a secret button)
then use it on the west door (emergency generator - gear key - west part of the mining area)
you will need to activate a button
then it will open a secret door in the mining area, it is on the way of the south area (before going to the door for the warehouse)

AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

Thanks so much!
Though the grouped up dementors... Eh... Goromorgs... were brutal! Even though I have quite a bit fo resistance to different elements. Still, I'm happy i'm moving forward again! Cleared two more levels and could keep going, but I will leave it at that for now and continue later, as there's only so much I can play in one go. :)
But seriously, this is like THE best mod I've played so far!
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

yeah the goromorgs are brutal :oops:

a this level the champions can have full resistance into some of the four magics, so high level monster can cast spells but they would not harm the champions. I finally added a physical damage to all their spells, that's why they can hurt you.
Hope you will not get discouraged, the way is long, about 35-40 hours of playing, depends on what you will choose later. ;)

bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

Ok, a new version is up, available on dropbox only, it will be on nexus tomorrow.

AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

bongobeat wrote:yeah the goromorgs are brutal :oops:

a this level the champions can have full resistance into some of the four magics, so high level monster can cast spells but they would not harm the champions. I finally added a physical damage to all their spells, that's why they can hurt you.
Hope you will not get discouraged, the way is long, about 35-40 hours of playing, depends on what you will choose later. ;)
The characters I'm playing with have 100% resistance to fire and shock and almost 100% to the other two.
Also, I'm probably playing with an older version of the mod, as the goromorgs didn't do any physical damage. But the fact they were grouped did startle me, as it ment their attacks were coming faster.
I'm more worried about all the falling rocks. At least I'm always warned by a writing on the wall. Sometimes it's brutal, as my characters are alraedy slowed by all the stuff they're carrying... Unfortunatelly, I'm the type that doesn't want to leave anything behind... Which I already had to do...

BTW: Is it true that one of the doors is opened by a compas? Just so I can make a note when I play this again from the begining so that I don't just throw it away somewhere. :)
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

AnnElfwind wrote:
bongobeat wrote:yeah the goromorgs are brutal :oops:

The characters I'm playing with have 100% resistance to fire and shock and almost 100% to the other two.
Also, I'm probably playing with an older version of the mod, as the goromorgs didn't do any physical damage. But the fact they were grouped did startle me, as it ment their attacks were coming faster.
I'm more worried about all the falling rocks. At least I'm always warned by a writing on the wall. Sometimes it's brutal, as my characters are alraedy slowed by all the stuff they're carrying... Unfortunatelly, I'm the type that doesn't want to leave anything behind... Which I already had to do...

BTW: Is it true that one of the doors is opened by a compas? Just so I can make a note when I play this again from the begining so that I don't just throw it away somewhere. :)
well this is strange, but maybe you have not meet the "real" goromorg now. did they do any damage to you?
Well there is no need to carry all things to the end, like some "basic" note, old weapons or old armor stuff, I don't know. When I played it, I did carry a lot, exept weapons and armor, but finally throw away basic throwing weapons, like standard dart, throwing knives, shuriken or simple arrows. And yes the compass is used to open a few doors later. Don't remember how many, 2, maybe 3. Even if you don't keep your first compass, they are other in the mod. I always let required items to open anything, not so far than the place they are needed.

Eleven Warrior

Post by Eleven Warrior »

I would like to say something on this mod.
Eleven Warrior

Post by Eleven Warrior »

IT ROCKS MAN....I L.O.V.E .I.T THXS BONGO :)