[MOD]Toorum's Manor

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
bongobeat

Re: [MOD]Toorum's Manor

Post by bongobeat »

Hello,

sorry I'm busy!
I don't know which 6th altar you are talking, but you have to place a complete set of the plate armor and a replica of the firestaff on the 6 altars.

after completing that a "secret" room will be opened.

And you will need to get back to the level 4 once you get the key in this secret room
hope it helps.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

A crazy idea here, not that I of all people could do it (my understanding of the mod creator in LoG2 is below zero), but any thoughts on reproducing this mod for LoG2?

But anyway, the main thing: Chrom tomb: there is this place with four-way goromorg statue. And! There is a writing on the wall and something about opening the way and I have no idea how to proceed. Thanks. Hopefully, the way I just explained the place will make sense to someone.

(I did use the console to move level by level to see what's there, but I have this epic-ass plan on then starting from the begining and going without the console all the way, but I'm just too curious to waste this opportunity, considering I recently learned how to teleport with the console, though it's easier in Grimrock 2)
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

well not so crazy, a good idea but I do not have the envy to do that, too much work, and I'm actually working on another mod for log2.

Beside, be advertized, by doing that means to convert old log1 tileset + custom tilesets that are used, which will make an huge mod file (specially with textures, and normal log2 textures that are doubled than the normal's of log1), too large to be played without using the 4gb memory patche, that allows a little more memory for the game engine. That means that everyone who wants to play such mod would have to install the patch, or the game will finally crash due to the amount of data in memory (textures + models + number of objects), no matter what it is in low, medium or high rendering graphics.

Are you planning to mod something for log2?

in chrom tomb: to move this statue, you have to put torchs on every torch holders of the level.

agamon42

Post by agamon42 »

Hi all,level 16 "frozen land"where can i find the hidden button please?Some screen.

Thanks
agamon42

Post by agamon42 »

Solved
severgates

Post by severgates »

Hi.
Stuck in lvl 9 "Old Passage"
SpoilerShow
How can I acquire key needed to open King's Abbrach Tomb (I suppose it is located in NE part of lvl 9, available after stepping into teleporter located near lvl 9 crystal.)
I've tried everything. Crate blocking way to a key is still closed.
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

Hi,

first you have to find a red gem, in the level 10, it is in the south west of level 10, then come back to the level 9, then, with the red gem, open the door that contain the crystal. Inside the room there is a teleporter who will bring you in the northern area, where there is the key for king abraach tomb.

severgates

Post by severgates »

Hi bongobeat.
I've already stepped into the teleporter and found the key, but it is located behind porticullis and honestly I have no idea how to open it. I've found a switch on the wall near the key, but it opens a secret wall leading to nothing. I've also dropped myself to a chasm in the same location, killed 3 ogres below, dropped again to lvl 11 after pulling a lever in the location with ogres, but still with no effect - can't find a way to open porticullis.

EDIT: Solved. Missed obvious switch near porticullis...
Anyway, need help with a secret in NW part of lvl 9 and a secret in middle part of lvl 10 (a room with spiders) :)
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

severgates wrote:Hi bongobeat.
I've already stepped into the teleporter and found the key, but it is located behind porticullis and honestly I have no idea how to open it. I've found a switch on the wall near the key, but it opens a secret wall leading to nothing. I've also dropped myself to a chasm in the same location, killed 3 ogres below, dropped again to lvl 11 after pulling a lever in the location with ogres, but still with no effect - can't find a way to open porticullis.

EDIT: Solved. Missed obvious switch near porticullis...
Anyway, need help with a secret in NW part of lvl 9 and a secret in middle part of lvl 10 (a room with spiders) :)
Ok, sorry I misunderstood you

I'll send you a pm for the secrets

severgates

Post by severgates »

Hi
I have a problem with passing Maximo's Dream
SpoilerShow
There are too many Wardens and they're causing too much damage (22 lvl party). Additionally they're immune to freezing. I've found a porticullis in western part, but it stays closed (I think, that 3 pressure plates behind wardens will open them). Is there a way to beat them?
Pls help