[WIP] Grimrock Graphics Atlas Toolkit

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Mal85

Re: [WIP] Grimrock Graphics Atlas Toolkit

Post by Mal85 »

I'll be testing this shortly, thank you sir!

EDIT - I can confirm the program launches just fine, zero problems so far. Now I just have to take a moment to refresh my memory on where the atlas is, so I can load it in.

EDIT - A further update, I have managed to Import .png files, replace items, delete items, add items, and export back to .dds format with no problems or bugs so far. I have not tried to load the new items.dds into a level yet but I expect it works as well as the program itself, wonderfully.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit in case you may find that useful in future work on the program.

Great work!
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Great to hear that fixed it AdrTru, and many thanks for Mal85 for testing it and getting it running. Great to hear it seems to be working well for you!

I've had a chance to do a couple more tweaks to the app today;

- If you add an icon that is bigger than 75x75, it is now scaled down using bi-linear sampling (smoothing) it also keeps its aspect ratio, so the result might be centered if it's not exactly square.
- You can now 'import' more than one atlas at a time if you like, and all icons will be extracted and added to the current atlas (useful if you are consolidating old atlases together).
- Added a label to tell you what the current atlas size is (x,y). If you have too many icons to fit on the max atlas size, this text goes red to inform you.

Download Here: GGAT 0.1.2

If you already have the old version, you can download just the .exe file GGAT 0.1.2 EXE Only and dump it in the folder you have GGAT 0.1.1 in. The exe is only 150Kb, and it's all of the supporting libraries that make the download 15mb (they haven't changed).

If this is the first time you are downloading GGAT you MUST install the X64 version of the Visual C++ 2012 Redist Package of you will get an MSVCR100.dll missing error!
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
Mal85

Post by Mal85 »

No problem at all, it makes atlas work much more enjoyable and speedy. Glad to help.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Grimrock Graphics Atlas Toolkit Release 0.1.4

I have just released version 0.1.4, which fixes DDS export so that it's now ARGB instead of RGBA. While it was a valid file format before, I don't think it was D3D9 compatible (it loaded fine in Gimp, but not Grimrock) when generated on Windows, but I have tested a DDS generated by the Windows release of GGAT now and have loaded it successfully into the engine. :)

Grimrock Graphcis Atlas Toolkit Download Page | Direct Download (Approx 17Mb).
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

I am hoping John is still here because I'm at the end of my rope with this thing.

Step 1 - Import PNG file into GAT

Step 2 - Export DDS file

Step 3 - Modify script, adding atlas path and file.

Step 4 - Run dungeon

Get following error.

[String "item.lua"]:0: Unknown uncompressed DDS pixel format in file mod_assets/textures/items/runes.dds

If I use Photoshop I can get past the error but the render only wraps the texture of the PNG around the sword of nex. Yes, I did define the Atlas map.

I am really losing it on this thing.

Please help.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

This needs a screenshot, and more precise explanation of specific intent.