Master Arrak's Treasure (MOD)

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Pecen

Re: Master Arrak's Treasure (MOD)

Post by Pecen »

Hi, i have little problem on lvl3 with the two remaining altars(at the row of altars):
SpoilerShow
first, my lighting rod is already empty and the god of thunder altar dont "take" it, so, will i get another one eventually later? hope im not done here.. and next, what i have to put on the goddess of safe havens altar?
Conchron

Post by Conchron »

Pecen wrote:Hi, i have little problem on lvl3 with the two remaining altars(at the row of altars):
SpoilerShow
first, my lighting rod is already empty and the god of thunder altar dont "take" it, so, will i get another one eventually later? hope im not done here.. and next, what i have to put on the goddess of safe havens altar?
SpoilerShow
I had to go and look. I forgot to put in an unused lighting rod later on. (At least from what I can tell now.) There's no way to take that altar now. Sorry about that. The goddess of safe havens should take anything you want to give.
Pecen

Post by Pecen »

Conchron wrote:
Pecen wrote:Hi, i have little problem on lvl3 with the two remaining altars(at the row of altars):
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
I had to go and look. I forgot to put in an unused lighting rod later on. (At least from what I can tell now.) There's no way to take that altar now. Sorry about that. The goddess of safe havens should take anything you want to give.
SpoilerShow
Well, thats sad, doors at stairs to lvl4 are connected to this too?
And goddess of safe havens dont take anything, what i have in inventory, dont know why, but that doesnt matter now.

Also, when i put the empty rod on altar of thunder on lvl2, it closes the portcullis and its over.And last thing, to require a consumable item for game progress dont sounds to me like a good idea(yes, lizard steaks)

But, beside this, i really like this mod :)
Conchron

Post by Conchron »

Pecen wrote:
SpoilerShow
Well, thats sad, doors at stairs to lvl4 are connected to this too?
Also, when i put the empty rod on altar of thunder on lvl2, it closes the portcullis and its over.And last thing, to require a consumable item for game progress dont sounds to me like a good idea(yes, lizard steaks)
SpoilerShow
No, the doors are not connected and you can complete the game without filling those altars. It only gives you a secret and some extra stuff.

I realized that using edible items was a bad idea and added extras along the way to make up for it, but I forgot the lighting rod. Either way it's a beginners mistake I won't make in my next mod.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

My apologies lady conchron :oops:

and thanks for your replies!
Conchron

Post by Conchron »

leewroy wrote:My apologies lady conchron :oops:
No worries, it's all good :)
Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

:) :)

Thats not fair at all! Pure Lady mind set! :)

Thanks

:)
beach55

Post by beach55 »

thanks very much !!! :D
now is all clearer 8-)
but now I'm in level 8 Basement with 2 problems :oops:

Centre puzzle = I have 6 round keys (find in level 7 Air) and I remove glass walls
I find 6 locks...but the round keys don't work !!!! :twisted:
perhaps I must jump in the pit first ???
or there is a precise order for open the locks ?

Western puzzle = I understand how working...but I'm too slow for take dragon gem and escape from jail... :shock:
perhaps without all I'm carring I run too fast ??? :?:
thanks in advance and again many congartulations for the gorgeous work :mrgreen:
Pecen

Post by Pecen »

Well, i managed to bypass certain death at lvl7, but i left closed iron doors at the end of levels 3 and 4.. you mention earlier something about 4 alcoves on lvl3, but i dont know where it is.. on lvl4 i have no idea, maybe the statue nearby.. any hint?
SpoilerShow
oh, and the gold armor sets, its alright, when i take them with me? i feel little bit overpowered and insectoid, which is able to carry 200kg is pretty weird :D
Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

Im now cruising level 4 and I miss one golden key....
SpoilerShow
I hope that the key is not in the cell I did not opened.

I got the dragon gem and sword key ... I put one in mouth dragon
I fed all alcoves (including beds)
I tried removing all torches and put them back
I got 4 messages
Just dont know right now what i missed
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLP!

:)