[MOD] Dark Temple

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
leewroy

[MOD] Dark Temple

Post by leewroy »

First of all, this is NOT a module made by me.

I just found it in the nexus and in my opinion it's a very good module, so I decided to share with you. Here goes the description and the link to download:

Features :

-> 13 levels
-> 2 endings, one "normal" and a better one if you discover all secrets and treasures
-> 20 secrets
-> 9 skulls
-> 9 iron doors
-> 7 treasures
-> Boss fights, good stuffs and many enigmas
-> Food and alchemy !

IMPORTANT : always make a big save when you find a healing crystal, it could be usefull.. =)

download: http://grimrock.nexusmods.com/mods/248

Credits: designed by Hatlan33

I´m still on level 7 and didn't get stuck for good yet. :P

Anyway, there's also a video about it on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtqGZNDV87Q

Hope you have fun :mrgreen:
Dr.Disaster

Re: [MOD] Dark Temple

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Yeah this mod is quite good, just recently completed it myself.
It's an older mod, ranked among the top 20 on Steam workshop http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=96843576

It has some nice floor designs and themes to them, puzzles and riddles ranking from easy to WTF! and combat rated above average, sometimes even hard for a new party which this mod is definatly made for. The mod is also pretty well tested. I ran into only one puzzle my imported party could not solve simply because it was too advanced. On my second playthru with a new party the same puzzle got solved on first try.

It's even worth playing twice: after a so-called point of no return near the end of the mod you reach a wall text stating a secrets per level breakdown. Only when all secrets are discovered - all are located before the point of no return - and you have all 7 treasures the "better" ending becomes playable.

ah btw: the 9th skull seems to be a myth or miss-count by it's maker 'cuz i only collected 8.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Yeah, finished it yesterday. I'd say the "false" ending is a bit disapointing, cause I missed two treasures and 6 secrets. But in another hand, makes you wish to play it again ;)
edemskicz

Post by edemskicz »

Perfect dungeon, but ...
SpoilerShow
I do not know what to do next, I tried different combinations and nothing. I understand the connection torch holder and the lever correctly?
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

SpoilerShow
Yeah, you should pay attention to the way the torchs are disposed. Mark them your map. On the next room you highlighted there are ten levers, five at one side and five at another. You must activate them on the sme positions where there are torchs in the other room ;)
edemskicz

Post by edemskicz »

Thanks, but I think there was some mistake. I had it set up correctly, but after switching on and off a furious one lever suddenly opened :-)
SpoilerShow
But now I'm here ended in :-( I have one key ...
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Behind that grate you see a pit and a shaft. The wall text beside the grate gives a hint what to do.
SpoilerShow
Mark the pit/shaft on your map. Then backtrack it to the floor above.
edemskicz

Post by edemskicz »

Thanks outta! But I sure did not come ... With my English :-)
Charlo

Post by Charlo »

Just started playing. Good puzzles, but there was one part on level 1 where I was not fast enough to get out of the way of a fireball. I had to switch to windowed mode at the smallest resolution, and I was then able to get past it on the first try. In my opinion, success in a dungeon should not be determined by the speed of your computer.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Charlo wrote:In my opinion, success in a dungeon should not be determined by the speed of your computer.
Well it's the nature of things that real-time gfx intense games do require a certain minimum speed from a computer. As a compromise AH did add a low-res rendering mode to LoG. Check if it works better for you.