[DEVELOPER DISCUSSION] One Room Round Robin 2 (SPOILERS)

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Billick

Re: [CLOSED / DISCUSS] One Room Round Robin 2!

Post by Billick »

Oh nice to see this finished!
Diarmuid wrote:Hey orrr2 designers, anyone who is on steam... please send me a friend request on steam (easy from the mod page, my name is there, georges.dimitrov), so that I can add you as creators on the workshop.

Thanks!
I added you (my Steam name is Kevdogg155)
Halls of Barrian - current version 1.0.3 - Steam Nexus
Me Grimrock no bozo!
aaneton

Post by aaneton »

One fix suggestion:
SpoilerShow
Could you remove my nickname from all prison rules notes signature. It says now 'Aaneton the supreme warden' or something, I think 'the warden' should be enough (as flattering as it might be the supreme warden I think he should remain namesless)
My Grimrock mod (LoG1): The Onkalo Project
My Android (and windows desktop) game: Balloon Gentleman
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

aaneton wrote:One fix suggestion:
SpoilerShow
Could you remove my nickname from all prison rules notes signature. It says now 'Aaneton the supreme warden' or something, I think 'the warden' should be enough (as flattering as it might be the supreme warden I think he should remain namesless)
Sure!
aaneton

Post by aaneton »

Also when dungeon start, the welcome to ORRR2 text + wondering where his friends makes the intro text too long (and will disappear before most will finish reading it) it should probably been put into two separate parts or something.
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

SPOILERS ABOUND:
Watching Komag's video, it's odd that it never occurred to me that the poison-spitting goro and the nose pressing thing would be seen as parts of the same puzzle (perhaps because the nose pressing came very late in the map, but...yeah, I'm feeling pretty stupid now). I'm curious as to how many testers stumbled upon that elemental lock (to get into the restricted section of the library) completely by accident, and how many figured it out by the scroll that was left? (I'm wondering if maybe the receptor should be tinted green, or if that would make it too obvious?)
minmay

Post by minmay »

Put me down for "stumbled into it." I didn't find the nose puzzle confusing though.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

First of all, spider, why don't you change the title of this thread to: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Development Thread]
It would make it clear for people that want to stay spoiler free to go discuss the release on the other one.

On Topic: Funny, I was thinking about a green-tinted receptor too while watching the video. I think it wouldn't be too obvious and would help showing that these two objects which are 3 tiles apart function differently.
Last edited by Diarmuid on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aaneton

Post by aaneton »

SpiderFighter wrote:SPOILERS ABOUND:
Watching Komag's video, it's odd that it never occurred to me that the poison-spitting goro and the nose pressing thing would be seen as parts of the same puzzle (perhaps because the nose pressing came very late in the map, but...yeah, I'm feeling pretty stupid now). I'm curious as to how many testers stumbled upon that elemental lock (to get into the restricted section of the library) completely by accident, and how many figured it out by the scroll that was left? (I'm wondering if maybe the receptor should be tinted green, or if that would make it too obvious?)
I gotta admit that I was completely lost with the goro in your room aswell :) Solved it by accident...
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

+1: I was also thinking it would be good to make 'that receptor' different while watching the video. I only really figured out that the Goromorg was meant to trigger a receptor instead of killing me by kind of 'meta gaming' the fact that he only does 1 damage and is invulnerable, and these things must be true for a reason...
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

Diarmuid wrote:First of all, spider, why don't you change the title of this thread to: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Development Thread]
It would make it clear for people that want to stay spoiler free to go discuss the release on the other one.

On Topic: Funny, I was thinking about a green-tinted receptor too while watching the video. I think it wouldn't be too obvious and would help showing that these two objects which are 3 tiles apart function differently.
Sure thing; I assumed everyone knew by now. :)

I think that's a good idea then, if you wouldn't mind...and with my thanks for tidying up after me yet again.

On another note, I'm giving my first full-blown sermon in a couple of hours, in one of the oldest churches on the east coast of the US. Please cross your fingers and/or say a prayer for me (depending on your beliefs); I could use all the help I can get!