[DEVELOPER DISCUSSION] One Room Round Robin 2 (SPOILERS)

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
aaneton

Re: [OPEN - SIGNUP / DISCUSS] One Room Round Robin 2!

Post by aaneton »

Diarmuid wrote:Thanks for the kind words, msyblade... :)

Allright, beta 1 is ready!
Omg, omg omg... :o
My Grimrock mod (LoG1): The Onkalo Project
My Android (and windows desktop) game: Balloon Gentleman
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

Diarmuid wrote:Thanks for the kind words, msyblade... :)

Allright, beta 1 is ready!

It's on the dropbox in .dat format, along with some notes. There's probably lots of stuff to do still, but it should be (I hope) playable from start to end. If you're on the ORRR2 project but do not have access to the dropbox, either PM me an email so I add you, or I can send you a direct link to the download.

Not everyone's required to test it, of course, and you can wait until a more stable beta2 build if you wish, but the more on it we are, the better of course ;).

woohoo, can't wait to get this thing on the rails...
Getting into it right now! Thanks for all the hard work you've done.

EDIT: Found a teleporter bug in Mahric's room that seems to port the player inside a ceiling. Video uploaded to the Testing & Bugs subdirectory.

EDIT Squared: Ah...it appears this is intentional?
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

Note down your findings and comments in "beta_1 Bug Report.txt" in the dropbox folder, and when noticing a bug, check if someone didn't report it yet, to save you time on rewriting things twice...

UPDATE1: There are some serialization problems in JW's room, avoid it for now or your save game will get corrupted and crash. Will be fixed in next version.
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

Diarmuid wrote:Note down your findings and comments in "beta_1 Bug Report.txt" in the dropbox folder, and when noticing a bug, check if someone didn't report it yet, to save you time on rewriting things twice...
I updated the only txt there; not sure why it's now a "conflicted copy."
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

SpiderFighter wrote:
Diarmuid wrote:Note down your findings and comments in "beta_1 Bug Report.txt" in the dropbox folder, and when noticing a bug, check if someone didn't report it yet, to save you time on rewriting things twice...
I updated the only txt there; not sure why it's now a "conflicted copy."
Maybe I saved it at the same time? I use notepad++ and it warns me if someone else changed the file, but maybe not in your case... If you wish to be sure, put it in a separate .txt

BTW, I was playing with headphones and just realized what the "humming" stone is humming... lol that's pure awesome, love it.
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

Hi guys, there were game-crashing bugs in two rooms on the first level, and lots of unexpected issues in game (vs editor). So I'll be putting out a quick beta 2 tonight.
mahric

Post by mahric »

I've fixed the reload-crash in my room and send a PM to Diarmuid with a question to integrate it into the source.

On dropbox i've seen the movie showing black walls and that is weird. It somehow seems that all the "high walls" i made "fell down"...

The problem is that I don't have this problem when I download the .DAT file.
At one moment I could reproduce the problem, but then I re-downloaded the source from dropbox and with that version all was fine...

Dit someone else solve that problem for me?
Did you visit the Wine Merchant's Basement? And heard about the Awakening of Taarnab?
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

mahric wrote:I've fixed the reload-crash in my room and send a PM to Diarmuid with a question to integrate it into the source.

On dropbox i've seen the movie showing black walls and that is weird. It somehow seems that all the "high walls" i made "fell down"...

The problem is that I don't have this problem when I download the .DAT file.
At one moment I could reproduce the problem, but then I re-downloaded the source from dropbox and with that version all was fine...

Dit someone else solve that problem for me?
There are high wall assets in the final map; if you are using open doors as 2nd floor walls, we could replace these outright.

**Diarmuid may have already replaced them as decorations.
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

I already replaced the md_temple_high_wall with sx_temple_wall_2nd and the "falling walls" problem is gone. Thanks for the crash-fix too Mahric, I didn't experience it myself but I'll integrate it before uploading a beta 2 on the dropbox tonight.
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

Beta 2 on the dropbox, with a beta 2 .txt file with notes and place to report future bugs. Rooms 1-8 should now be hopefully working, except crash in Drakkan's room when you recruit someone in the tavern (it has to do with grimwidgets and grimq and I have to sort it out, I'm less familiar with these).

Thanks to all who reported bugs so quickly, in 24h we were quite efficient. Quick list of fixes up to now:
SpoilerShow
- (FIXED) Duplicate clipping pillars in the prison (room 1)
- (FIXED) Cultist map had alpha removed by error
- (FIXED) Torches at other levels in the hub are fx and disappear on reload.
- (FIXED) All undead are immune to normal projectiles.
- (FIXED) Door in SpiderFighter's room doesn't close at end (merge bug).
- (FIXED) Serialization crash in JW's room.
- (FIXED) Savina gems don't work to kill illusion spiders.
- (FIXED) Bugged decoration placement in Mahric's room.
- (FIXED) pillarkiller elements are not working correctly in-game.
- (FIXED) spelling error in Billick's room ogre message
- (FIXED) Stairs up in abandoned area above Billick's room should have been deleted.
- (FIXED) Drakkan's room: gollum text too long
- (FIXED) Crash when trying to enter Ancylus room.
- (FIXED) Note in Aaneton's cell ("Prison Rules"): text extends beyond border
- (FIXED) From ogre: "He is likely interfere with our escape." (missing "to")
- (FIXED) In SF's Room: Humming Rock needs to be rotated so that it is under the walltorch (not the lever, where it can be picked up through the grate)
- (FIXED) SF's Room: Once the final sequence has been activated, please deactivate the timers running the alternating grates on the eighth floor.
- (FIXED) Aaneton prison : Architect scroll names should reflect the contributors to ORRR2
- (FIXED) Aaneton prison : If you kill the ogre, then when teleported outside of prison, if you side step the cultist he will attack you.
- (FIXED) upvalue function serialization crash in Mahric's room.
PS: reuploading the file, made a copy/paste mistake.
Last edited by Diarmuid on Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.