MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Dr.Disaster

Re: MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Post by Dr.Disaster » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:12 am

Yohoho199 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:33 am
I made a lot of attempts trying to beat "the dance room" in order to get last remaining secret on level 7 behind the iron door.
I finally managed to catch all shots (I'm pretty sure I didn't miss any) but for some reason I was teleported behind the iron grate as usual, and iron door didn't open. It was kind of frustrating... Could it be some kind of glitch? The missed shots counder didn't reset properly between quicksaves or something.

Yes, maybe it wasn't exactly fair on my part to try and ease things a bit by quicksaving and quickloading in the middle of the dance, but after iron door didn't open either, I made only "fair" attempts, performed in one go. The last fair and successful attempt was the one I described in the first paragraph.

I'm kind of worried the next successful attempt might also be fruitless. My inner perfectionist doesn't allow simply to go and skip this secret :) Can anything be done to solve this predicament?
Who told you to catch them?

Yohoho199

Post by Yohoho199 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:54 am

Dr.Disaster wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:12 am
Who told you to catch them?
No one told me not to... But you got a point. This gives me a whole different angle to look at this issue. Thanks for the hint :)

P.S: If I really should have dodged it from the beginning, it would be a stunt... This couln't get any more stupid... :oops:

Komag

Post by Komag » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:01 pm

I seem to recall at least one time where two come at the same time, such that it's basically impossible to catch them all, but my memory is a bit rusty on it! I'm pretty sure I also included those handy audio clicks which are usually a good sign of something mechanically progressing.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play

Yohoho199

Post by Yohoho199 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:55 pm

Komag wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:01 pm
I seem to recall at least one time where two come at the same time, such that it's basically impossible to catch them all, but my memory is a bit rusty on it!
Two shots at a time are fired at least four times during the sequence, and its actually possible to catch a dual-shot since the charges always fly in the near tiles. The trick is in catching the right moment to strafe when the coming shot in front of you just about to hit. This way front shot hits you when you're already moving towards the adjacent tile, where you hit another shot with your side.

Komag

Post by Komag » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:53 pm

In that case maybe I should have included some sort of bonus double secret reward for crazy talented folks who manage to do what you accomplished! :D
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play