MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
leewroy

Re: MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Post by leewroy »

Hello, Komag.

After long time I'm willing to play this dungeon again, but the link to nexus is broken. Is it possible to upload it again? Or there is another place other than steam to get it?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

leewroy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:26 pm Hello, Komag.

After long time I'm willing to play this dungeon again, but the link to nexus is broken. Is it possible to upload it again? Or there is another place other than steam to get it?
Somehow the Nexus link has changed. Go with this one.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Dr.Disaster wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:14 pm
leewroy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:26 pm Hello, Komag.

Somehow the Nexus link has changed. Go with this one.
Wow, that was fast. Thanks a lot my friend :)
Komag

Post by Komag »

Thanks, I've fixed the download link in the other thread
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
crixomix

Post by crixomix »

I'm stuck in goromorg temple, lvl 9. At the "pillared hallway"

I don't want to google a solution but a quick google search shows that people are talking about a scroll that gives a hint? however, I don't think I've found any hint scrolls anywhere in the entire lvl 9. I also saw something about a hint scroll for the tic tac room but never found that one either? Where are these hint scrolls?

Thanks,

EDIT:
SpoilerShow
Woooooow. I did not know you could slash the wall covering things. I think I had even tried thowing axes at them and clicking on them, but never tried attacking with an axe. I only have one melee character in the first place. Kinda frustrating that the mechanic isn't at least shown to be possible in a clear way to the player.
Komag

Post by Komag »

Interesting! I suppose some sort of partial clue that your attempts are in the right direction would be good, such as the tapestry moving a little (and then back) to partially show that something indeed is behind it (when you throw something at it or click on it), thus you would then try to think of other ways to get it out of the way. Such an implementation is far beyond my mod though, and would have to be something in the core game design mechanics.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Komag wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:34 am Interesting! I suppose some sort of partial clue that your attempts are in the right direction would be good, such as the tapestry moving a little (and then back) to partially show that something indeed is behind it...
Skuggs created animated tapestry models. ;) They are used in the ORRR3.
crixomix

Post by crixomix »

Welp, finished the dungeon. Incredible! I had never beaten the original (probably got to around level 6ish? maybe 7?) So it was fun to see the quest elements. I have no idea what you added and what was in the original game. I was able to get all 7 treasure by the end, which made me feel good, not sure if that's part of the original game or your mod.

Ended up with 111/120 secrets, which irks me that I missed 9, but I "cheated" a bit anyway by googling some stuff here and there. Probably about 5 of those secrets were illegitimate, but I KNEW there was a secret and I just couldn't figure out how to get it, so it's like half credit I guess :P

In any case, thank you for the mod! I'm not sure exactly what you made better compared to the original but I sure loved it.
Komag

Post by Komag »

Great, glad you enjoyed it! The original game had the treasures, but I of course rearranged their locations and puzzles to get them. Good work on getting most of the secrets too.
Yohoho199

Post by Yohoho199 »

I made a lot of attempts trying to beat "the dance room" in order to get last remaining secret on level 7 behind the iron door.
I finally managed to catch all shots (I'm pretty sure I didn't miss any) but for some reason I was teleported behind the iron grate as usual, and iron door didn't open. It was kind of frustrating... Could it be some kind of glitch? The missed shots counder didn't reset properly between quicksaves or something.

Yes, maybe it wasn't exactly fair on my part to try and ease things a bit by quicksaving and quickloading in the middle of the dance, but after iron door didn't open either, I made only "fair" attempts, performed in one go. The last fair and successful attempt was the one I described in the first paragraph.

I'm kind of worried the next successful attempt might also be fruitless. My inner perfectionist doesn't allow simply to go and skip this secret :) Can anything be done to solve this predicament?