MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
MadLetter

Re: Master Quest HELP THREAD puzzles, clues, stuck? ASK HERE

Post by MadLetter »

Exceedingly good work so far, Komag (just as your intro videos to the editor!). I'm done with Floor 4 and have 30 secrets, but I am still trying to get a hold of the axe stuck behind a grate. Anyone got a tip on how to get there? Also, any tip for the Gear Key to open the Iron Door? :|

Thanks in advance!
MadLetter

Post by MadLetter »

Another quick question, since I am not sure if I missed something: How many of Lord Perel's notes should I have by the end of Floor 4?

Once again, great job with the mod. I like the added flavor brought in by Perel a fair bit. Gives another perspective on the whole thing.

I did, though, get the one with the axe.
Komag

Post by Komag »

To get that axe:
hint -
SpoilerShow
do something different with the teleporter you threw something into
full spoiler -
SpoilerShow
set an item on the plate to make it click differently, and walk into the spot where the teleporter shows up, it will take you there
The gear key for lv4 iron door:
hint -
SpoilerShow
you'll find in a section of level 4 only accessible from level 3, and there is a "map" on level 4 that helps you find this entrance
full spoiler -
SpoilerShow
in the northern section of level 3 search for a secret button to open a wall with a couple spiders inside, and break some eggs to reach another secret button to open another wall that leads to a stairs down into the NE section of level 4.
Lord Perel:
SpoilerShow
You should have the satchel and three notes by the end of level 4.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

MadLetter wrote:Also, any tip for the Gear Key to open the Iron Door?
Like where to get it? You can have it before entering the area with the Iron Door.
MadLetter

Post by MadLetter »

Thanks a lot for the info, Komag.

Someone really needs to write up a full guide for this, this is awesome. Like... seriously, the folks from Almost Human should consider hiring you, mate ;)
Komag

Post by Komag »

Haha, thanks! Yeah, I plan to make a walkthrough with pics and stuff, at some point, hopefully somewhat soon :)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
MadLetter

Post by MadLetter »

I'm still at it, this time near the end of Floor 5. The room with the pits, is there any way to get into those teleporters that keep bringing in the enemies? Or should I just grab the hat there and keep going my merry way?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

MadLetter wrote:The room with the pits, is there any way to get into those teleporters that keep bringing in the enemies?
They are just there for the entertainment ;)
Komag wrote:Haha, thanks! Yeah, I plan to make a walkthrough with pics and stuff, at some point, hopefully somewhat soon :)
Better not too "soon", could spoils too much of the fun IMO.
MadLetter

Post by MadLetter »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
MadLetter wrote:The room with the pits, is there any way to get into those teleporters that keep bringing in the enemies?
They are just there for the entertainment ;)
Good to know. I tried for a while to get a pattern out of them to see if I could just run into them.
Komag wrote:Haha, thanks! Yeah, I plan to make a walkthrough with pics and stuff, at some point, hopefully somewhat soon :)
Better not too "soon", could spoils too much of the fun IMO.
I'd like one quite soon, personally speaking :P

I admit to looking up stuff online when I was stuck, but yeah, I think it should be up to the individual. I've had much fun the first time I played - nearly - through, without looking up much, and I've had just as much fun with looking up everything :D

Anyways, thanks again guys. More questions coming soon, probably.
MadLetter

Post by MadLetter »

edit: no matter ^^