MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
FreakFire74

Re: MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Post by FreakFire74 »

First of all: Hi all and second: thanks for this amazing mod! :) I'm a DM veteran and am so happy to be playing this! :)
SpoilerShow
Now my (first) question: On level 4, archives after exploring the catacombs part (with the three pressureplate linked pits) there is a big, double door in the middle of the small hall.. There is a snail behind it, since I can see it moving around from the central pitroom where you can find the scrolls..

How on earth do I open that door??

Also, I noticed I had to hang on to the notes from Lord Perel.. I now have to backtrack through the first couple of levels to find the two scrolls I dropped.. somewhere.. Are there any more items I should hang on to before I drop them?
Thanks a lot!

Mike
FreakFire74

Post by FreakFire74 »

Oh and one other thing. In statistics it says "Toorum's notes found". I have two. But it still says 0/0?
Komag

Post by Komag »

Toorum Notes Found doesn't work for any mod, sorry.

Not much you need to hang on to really. On a couple late levels there are items that are needed for puzzles, but they can usually be found nearby. Maybe hang on to very unusual strange unique things if you can, or stash them in convenient places (near stairs for instance)

About that door
SpoilerShow
It opens with a secret button by the sack that you had to "burn bridges" to reach
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

FreakFire74 wrote:Now my (first) question: On level 4, archives after exploring the catacombs part (with the three pressureplate linked pits) there is a big, double door in the middle of the small hall.. There is a snail behind it, since I can see it moving around from the central pitroom where you can find the scrolls..

How on earth do I open that door??
Seems catacombs are not fully explored yet.
FreakFire74 wrote:Also, I noticed I had to hang on to the notes from Lord Perel.. I now have to backtrack through the first couple of levels to find the two scrolls I dropped.. somewhere.. Are there any more items I should hang on to before I drop them?
As in DM you can't take everything with you but it's good to know where you put stuff that may be needed later. So setting up camps here and there at key points is a good idea.
FreakFire74 wrote:Oh and one other thing. In statistics it says "Toorum's notes found". I have two. But it still says 0/0?
That's a known issue. "Toorum notes found" and "Iron doors opened" are only counted correct in the main game. Since MQ is a mod, both Toorum notes and Iron Doors are not counted on the stat page.
FreakFire74

Post by FreakFire74 »

Thanks for the reply! :)

Another question: is the list of secrets in the main post complete? Or are there secrets from the standard game included as well?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

FreakFire74 wrote:Another question: is the list of secrets in the main post complete?
Yes.
Tarnim

Post by Tarnim »

Hi,

now i'm missing only one level 6 secret
SpoilerShow
It should be in the NE corner of fighter challenge, according to Komag's list
But i can't find anything, which could trigger the wall to open
I hope, it's not on the wall which lifts to release the ogres...
Tarnim
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Tarnim wrote:
SpoilerShow
It should be in the NE corner of fighter challenge, according to Komag's list
But i can't find anything, which could trigger the wall to open
I hope, it's not on the wall which lifts to release the ogres...
Re-read the list. Pay CLOSER attention to the location info.
Tarnim

Post by Tarnim »

Hi Dr.Disaster,

that clue was very helpful. Now i have to decide...

Thanks, Tarnim
hyppyp

Post by hyppyp »

Hi there Komag,

Thank YOU for this excellent time, having a ball! Huh, one thing: at {6-9-53 SW pits double pit Lv8, room past scavengers - plate cuiras} I managed to get behind the crazy door without disabling it. Any chance for me to get out again EVER? Maybe a button inside to disable it from the inside too would do the trick.... ;)