Legend of Grimrock - MASTER QUEST - PUBLIC RELEASE w/SOURCE

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
User avatar
Komag
Posts: 3629
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:55 pm
Location: Boston, USA

Re: Legend of Grimrock - MASTER QUEST - PUBLIC RELEASE w/SOU

Post by Komag » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:03 pm

3mortis wrote:I play on many mods but only in this one i had this :(

http://www.image-share.com/upload/2122/61.jpg

when on 3rd lvl i fall in pit where is riddle with portal walking around pit

i had this error 1-30sec after load
Thanks for the report. That line of code uses the function isWall(level, x, y) which is only in Grimrock 1.3.6 or higher. I thought I made a system to check that you had at least that version of Grimrock as soon as the dungeon starts, but maybe the checking system is faulty so I'll have to look over it again.

There are many things in this dungeon that use features and scripts from the 1.3.6 update, so you'll need to update your version of Grimrock to at least 1.3.6. You can find patches here:
http://www.grimrock.net/patch/
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play

3mortis
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:41 pm

Re: Legend of Grimrock - MASTER QUEST - PUBLIC RELEASE w/SOU

Post by 3mortis » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Oh sorry, i was on 2nd PC and forget that is old version of LoG
after patch its ok perfect :p

i was copy save from pc with 1.3.7 Log so script to check probably work ok and its my fault

Thanks :)

Stranger
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:48 am

Re: Legend of Grimrock - MASTER QUEST - PUBLIC RELEASE w/SOU

Post by Stranger » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:06 am

After opening cut-scene it crashes and I get this error log

[texturehandler.cpp:165]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//interface//sortbutton_3.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:165]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//interface//sortbutton_4.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:165]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//test//menu_tiles_1.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:165]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//interface//scrollbar_slider.tga.
[spritetype.cpp:301]: Error initialising texture: gfx\\interface\\scrollbar_slider.tga for spritetype yearslider_slider
[texturehandler.cpp:165]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//interface//sortbutton_1.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:165]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//interface//sortbutton_2.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:165]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//test//menu_tiles_dialog_2.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:165]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//test//slider_line.tga.

User avatar
Komag
Posts: 3629
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:55 pm
Location: Boston, USA

Re: Legend of Grimrock - MASTER QUEST - PUBLIC RELEASE w/SOU

Post by Komag » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:32 am

Those error messages don't sound like anything related to this mod, but rather some sort of bad install or bad setup. Does the normal game work? Do any other mods work? I'm sure it's solvable.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play

Stranger
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:48 am

Re: Legend of Grimrock - MASTER QUEST - PUBLIC RELEASE w/SOU

Post by Stranger » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:57 am

Yes, the main game works and so do the other mods I have.

User avatar
Komag
Posts: 3629
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:55 pm
Location: Boston, USA

Re: Legend of Grimrock - MASTER QUEST - PUBLIC RELEASE w/SOU

Post by Komag » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:01 am

Hmm, what system at you on? Where did you download from? Maybe you could try downloading again, or if you got it from Steam you could try downloading the file from Nexus and putting in the right directory manually.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play

Stranger
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:48 am

Re: Legend of Grimrock - MASTER QUEST - PUBLIC RELEASE w/SOU

Post by Stranger » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:59 am

GTX 590, i5 2500k @4.3 Ghz. The game always runs fine so I don't think my system is the problem. I downloaded from GOG.

Whenever I download manually from the Nexus, I can't extract the .dat file because it is "unknown". I don't know if this is related.

User avatar
Dr.Disaster
Posts: 2845
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:48 am

Re: Legend of Grimrock - MASTER QUEST - PUBLIC RELEASE w/SOU

Post by Dr.Disaster » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:19 am

Stranger wrote:GTX 590, i5 2500k @4.3 Ghz.

Thats sounds quite overclocked to me.
Stranger wrote:The game always runs fine so I don't think my system is the problem. I downloaded from GOG.

Dunno which LoG version GOG offers for download. Better check back with http://www.grimrock.net/patch and patch to at least 1.3.6 since this version is required by MQ.
Stranger wrote:Whenever I download manually from the Nexus, I can't extract the .dat file because it is "unknown". I don't know if this is related.
Nexus hands you a ZIP containing a .dat file with size 99,018,170 bytes. There is no need to extract anything, just place it inside LoG's dungeon folder.

Stranger
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:48 am

Re: Legend of Grimrock - MASTER QUEST - PUBLIC RELEASE w/SOU

Post by Stranger » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:14 am

Dr.Disaster wrote:Thats sounds quite overclocked to me.


You betcha.
Dr.Disaster wrote: Dunno which LoG version GOG offers for download. Better check back with http://www.grimrock.net/patch and patch to at least 1.3.6 since this version is required by MQ.
Looks like I found the problem.

User avatar
petri
Posts: 1898
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:58 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Legend of Grimrock - MASTER QUEST - PUBLIC RELEASE w/SOU

Post by petri » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:26 am

Stranger wrote:[texturehandler.cpp:165]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//interface//sortbutton_3.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:165]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//interface//sortbutton_4.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:165]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//test//menu_tiles_1.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:165]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//interface//scrollbar_slider.tga.
[spritetype.cpp:301]: Error initialising texture: gfx\\interface\\scrollbar_slider.tga for spritetype yearslider_slider
[texturehandler.cpp:165]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//interface//sortbutton_1.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:165]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//interface//sortbutton_2.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:165]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//test//menu_tiles_dialog_2.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:165]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//test//slider_line.tga.
This is not a grimrock error log... The filenames are not grimrock assets.

Post Reply