Legend of Grimrock - MASTER QUEST - PUBLIC RELEASE w/SOURCE

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Komag

Re: Legend of Grimrock - MASTER QUEST - PUBLIC RELEASE w/SOU

Post by Komag »

That's brilliant, thanks! I've put it up at Nexus, I think people will like it :)

(what's CC-BY?)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Star Weaver

Post by Star Weaver »

Komag wrote:That's brilliant, thanks! I've put it up at Nexus, I think people will like it :)

(what's CC-BY?)
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/ <- CC-BY :3
Komag

Post by Komag »

I found a minor bug!

For my dream sequences and a few other locations ("no-throw" alcoves) I use a system of destroying what's being held on the mouse (if anything) and restoring it later. But if a player is holding a treasure (or a container with treasures inside), then the newly created treasures that get "restored" are not the exact same entities, even if I save and restore their IDs. This means that a player can set it down on the ground or in an alcove or something, and then pick it back up and it will add to the treasures found stat as though it's a new treasure (though it won't increase the maximum).

So you could theoretically do this repeatedly and end up with a stat that says treasure found 24 out of 7 or something like that, even if there are still three you haven't found yet! It doesn't break the game in any way, and since some of the other stats are broken anyway I guess it doesn't really matter in any case.

So any mod that uses this approach (save an item's details, destroy it, restore later, such as stealing a player's inventory temporarily) will have the potential problem as well. I think the One Room Dungeon uses this for the Plants vs Skeletons battle room, but I don't recall if the player has a treasure at that point.
hargoyle

Post by hargoyle »

Hello,

a quick question. This mod sounds awesome, but can I jump directly to this if I haven't played the original Grimrock through yet? Is it needed? Do I need some meta-game info etc from the orginal to understand in-game elements?

I ask this because I had a one year gap in playing Grimrock. I got as far as fifth level. And then my son was born ;)
Komag

Post by Komag »

You could do this alone, it doesn't require playing the original first, but I do think it makes more sense to do so.
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

Hey Komag! I finally started playing this... really fun, impressive work so far. I'm at level 6 and enjoying it.
Komag

Post by Komag »

Diarmuid - thanks! :) It gets better from there (as I learned the editor better)
pulpum

Post by pulpum »

very nice work :mrgreen:
ad&d / ff / d&d
Komag

Post by Komag »

Thanks! :)

I'll probably be doing on last update for a couple final minor issues (that almost no one would encounter anyway), then try to finish up the walkthrough sometime "soon"
Komag

Post by Komag »

version 1.3 is up on Steam and at Nexus, hopefully the last version (it was a minor update anyway). :)