[MOD] Orwak - Beta 1.0

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
leewroy

Re: [MOD] Orwak - Beta 1.0

Post by leewroy »

No, I teleported out of the room. It's magic! :mrgreen: :twisted:

Well, I found the item you mentioned. The problem is that the way I came seems to be blocked. Let me check again, though. Thanks dude :)

EDIT: If we're suposed to leave the place by the same door we entered, it's not working. It remains locked... Teleport again? ;)
Damonya

Post by Damonya »

I'm sorry I dont understand what is the problem. Where you are exactly? and which door you're stuck? Decidedly this stretch from level 2, cause you a lot of trouble :?
Orwak - MOD - Beta version 1.0
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

SpoilerShow
I´m meaning the door we used to enter the maze. The one you use the key from the previous room. Afetr explore all the maze, I´m unable to ghet back the same way, I´m stuk in the back of the door, cause it's not opened.

Anyway is just a report, I already left the room via console ;)
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

SpoilerShow
Now I'm having problems to get the green gem on the third floor. Don't know anything eles I can do on this place. Already got the three other gems, and the secret of the green hat
Damonya

Post by Damonya »

leewroy wrote:
SpoilerShow
I´m meaning the door we used to enter the maze. The one you use the key from the previous room. Afetr explore all the maze, I´m unable to ghet back the same way, I´m stuk in the back of the door, cause it's not opened.

Anyway is just a report, I already left the room via console ;)
SpoilerShow
Ok, after to find stone skull, there is 2 secerts buttons to find to go out from maze. Be careful with the automap, as the return path to change and the map is out of date. Do not forget that there are four false walls at each points of the compass of the maze.
SpoilerShow
Now I'm having problems to get the green gem on the third floor. Don't know anything eles I can do on this place. Already got the three other gems, and the secret of the green hat
SpoilerShow
I recently changed this puzzle (Version 0.04) as it seemed too easy lol. For green, this is located on the plates located by either side of the portcullis. You must ensure that your only possible escape route is to the north (through the door that normally closes behind you). There's only one possible combination.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

SpoilerShow
Here we go again: now I´m stuck on the north west section of the third floor. I did the bolt sequence correctly, but nothing seems to happen other than the teleporters disappear. I was expecting get a third gem. Now, I vcan't see a placve to go and the compass isn't saying anything, what to do next?
Damonya

Post by Damonya »

leewroy wrote:
SpoilerShow
Here we go again: now I´m stuck on the north west section of the third floor. I did the bolt sequence correctly, but nothing seems to happen other than the teleporters disappear. I was expecting get a third gem. Now, I vcan't see a placve to go and the compass isn't saying anything, what to do next?
SpoilerShow
You haven't resolve this puzzle I think, because otherwise it opens the door. The puzzle is in 2 parts. The first to gain access to two plates and two buttons by opening two secret doors that reveal the projectile. The compass help tells after 4 tests with the teloporter : "There is a plate next to the teleporter. I should try to activate it"

But then there is the puzzle of the projectile. After 5 tests with one of two buttons, the compass tells : "The button activates a luminous ball. It certainly must also take the teleporter" after 10 tests : "I should follow the path of the light ball in the teleporter" After 15 tests : "I must activate the luminous ball, take the teleporter before it and then don't block it" After 20 tests : "I must activate the luminous ball, take the teleporter before it and then don't block it by placing myself in the recess" Maybe I should reduce the number of tests.
I agree on the fact that for level 3, the puzzles are a bit harder than before and it certainly lacks indications (texts) as I had done for the previous levels. I'll try to fix that in the next version. In the meantime I will continue to help you. But you have made ​​good progress in level, nonetheless. ;)
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Nope, you're talking about a previous puzzle. You see, I mean the one in the top west part of the level.
SpoilerShow
As I said, I already got two white gems and I´m missing the third, wich I believe I should get after this puzzle.
Damonya

Post by Damonya »

SpoilerShow
As I said, I already got two white gems and I´m missing the third, wich I believe I should get after this puzzle.
Ok sorry. You have solved a lot of puzzle. Good. No one had ever tested, you're the first. ;)
SpoilerShow
There is one in the north room on the statue, one in the 8 room and one with the fire projectile. For the latter, look on the southest alcove (the only one that was empty) if you have solved the puzzle, the gem appears here.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

So, nobody is testing other than me? It's a pitty, the module is excellent :mrgreen:
SpoilerShow
I remember the fist gem I"ve got from the statue and the second I don't remember where...I guess I need to lift all the portcullis to let the fire bolts reach the holes, am I right? I'm not finding a way to get the most left portcullis opened, the others are alredy lifted.
EDIT: ok, that one was crazy! :twisted:
SpoilerShow
Solved the puzzle by a strange way, maybe it's a bug you should check!

I never got the most west portcullis opened. I stepped in the plates to release the fireballs, then I went back to the other room and casted a fireball against the hole that was blocked. Then...surprise, the third gem was in the alcove!!! :shock:
I bet this is not the right solution, but it worked!
EDIT 2:
SpoilerShow
aww man. It's over. I was hoping to have some more... :(