[MOD] The CHAOS Key

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
leewroy

Re: [MOD] The CHAOS Key

Post by leewroy »

I´m pissed cause I´m stuck in a ridiculous way...
SpoilerShow
3rd floor, where you have to choose between fight first or maze first, you need a gold coin. Find one just there, but where's the second to open the other side of the cage?
Pandafox

Post by Pandafox »

leewroy wrote:I´m pissed cause I´m stuck in a ridiculous way...
SpoilerShow
3rd floor, where you have to choose between fight first or maze first, you need a gold coin. Find one just there, but where's the second to open the other side of the cage?
Only need one.
;)
ene

Post by ene »

Finished it 2 days ago. I agree with the previous comments
SpoilerShow
respawing monsters get very tedious at the end (spiders in level 13 are even worst than ghosts in both level 11 & 13). Too much is too much i think, just kills the fun.
That said i took a lot of pleasure playing your mod, great lengh, great design, original ideas, woth the play, no doubt about it :D .

One word about the final battle (which is in 3 steps i think) :
SpoilerShow
i ran out of potions after the 2nd part (iron giants) then came the final part with so many monsters.. for a moment, i almost hated you, i though to myself : 'it's getting ridiculous'. Then of course, only after the battle was over, i found the room with the healing/mana plants.. I was a bit mad i must say, but in the end, it adds a strategic part to it ;)
only found 17 out of the 22 treasures for a 25 h of play (yes i'm slow i know!).
Again, a great experience ;)
ene

Post by ene »

leewroy wrote:I´m pissed cause I´m stuck in a ridiculous way...
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
both challenges are connected, you only need 1 gold as Pandafox said. Good luck in the maze btw !
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

SpoilerShow
Ok, got what you mean. My problem is I couldn't find the key nowhere.

I reloaded and old save and choose "maze first" instead. Found a key and got connected to the other part. Luckily the maze wasn't a big problem

Thanks for your reply
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

room where I need to catch three monsters. No monsters around (killed them all). Is there some respawning timer or somethign ? I tried t sleep like two minutes but no monster respawned :/
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
Pandafox

Post by Pandafox »

Drakkan wrote:room where I need to catch three monsters. No monsters around (killed them all). Is there some respawning timer or somethign ? I tried t sleep like two minutes but no monster respawned :/
the button ! ;)
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

found it meantime... :)
now I am stucked in the "35 seconds" two plates riddle. I do not ahve key from nearby door. Need I backtrack somewhere or solution is with these two plates ? (I have also destiny key and old solid key)
Eye of the Atlantis
Pandafox

Post by Pandafox »

Drakkan wrote:found it meantime... :)
now I am stucked in the "35 seconds" two plates riddle. I do not ahve key from nearby door. Need I backtrack somewhere or solution is with these two plates ? (I have also destiny key and old solid key)
must find the 2 plates on the 2 different sides of the green windows. Then, 2 different ways to go

PS: I really made this dungeon in thinking the players will be lost :mrgreen:
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

Pandafox wrote:
Drakkan wrote:found it meantime... :)
must find the 2 plates on the 2 different sides of the green windows. Then, 2 different ways to go

PS: I really made this dungeon in thinking the players will be lost :mrgreen:
level 7 - part where are spawning ghost skeletons. I need second skull key. Have I overlookedit somewhere around or I need backtrack and solve somehow thsi green window puzzle ?
Last edited by Drakkan on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eye of the Atlantis