[MOD] The CHAOS Key

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
sapientCrow

Re: [MOD] The CHAOS Key

Post by sapientCrow »

Just finished up this dungeon as well as "The Master Key"

I really had a great time playing both of them. Especially this one as it had a ton of new assets and had the same brilliant design style of the first.
It is fantastic that you use a lot of invisible plates where other areas open up and are triggered after traveling on certain floors. It adds incentive to really go back and explore.
I also like how you use secrets but do not register them with the ding and as a statistic and only have the treasures to be found.
Those secrets definitely improve the party strength so they are great to find as one progresses through the Dungeon itself.
I really loved the new music on about every floor. I am an audiophile and I love ambient music so all your selections made me feel so relaxed and immersed.

Thanks again for creating this and I hope to see even more from you if you are still around for LoG2.

One thing I would ask and this is for all modders really and that is to give us a list of secrets/treasures per level. I do not need spoilers or how to get to them just a total count per level so I can search those floors I missed some.
I ended Chaos Key with 21/22 treasures and the full set of Black and Golden armor. Due to the fact that areas respawn and there are other Dungeons to play I do not want to go back and check every corner just for one treasure.
Luckily I see you posted the source file. Thanks for that.

Again Great atmosphere, Great feeling of exploration and growing in power by finding secrets. A lengthy (challenging dungeon) especially on hard mode starting with a new party which I did. Great music. Oh and thanks for the room with teleporters being colored. It gets a little nerve wracking doing the single colored teleporters and having to map them to letters and compass directions. Instead I could just map it to colors.
Pandafox

Post by Pandafox »

hi,

oh, thanks a lot for your nice report ! ;)
I am very happy someone like to play my mod.
I made it with all my heart :mrgreen: and I made a dungeon I would like to play myself.

I think I will not make a new one, or not soon anyway, because it takes a lot of time (almost 3 months of hard work for Chaos key) and I have not enough free time now. (and I don't earn anything doing that ! ahahah!)

I had a lot of fun making it, and I still happy someone else appreciate it ;)
qbeck

Post by qbeck »

hi.

I`m stuck in level 2, just finished level 3 and now I`m stuck on a gate which has a fountain behind it.

pls help
ChrisDenham

Post by ChrisDenham »

I am stuck with a problem in the Offerings Room. What is a Dead Devil, and where can I find one?
Any clues would be appreciated.
Pandafox

Post by Pandafox »

This is very very late hint for players!

It seems nobody found the real secret of the level 13 full of respawning spiders :lol:

This is the ultimate hint then :
The spiders respawn only when you move.
Then, walk slowly. 2 or 3 moves and wait spider. Kill it and you can rest.
And do it again....
Pandafox

Post by Pandafox »

ChrisDenham wrote:I am stuck with a problem in the Offerings Room. What is a Dead Devil, and where can I find one?
Any clues would be appreciated.
SpoilerShow
The dead devil is a skull with horns
ChrisDenham

Post by ChrisDenham »

Thank you Panadafox. Now finished the Chaos Key It was brilliant.
depelek

Post by depelek »

Hello,

I am blocked at the level 13 for 4 days

On the wall is registered : "The four Goromorgs want to see 4 deads" help me

Thank you
Lorenz

Post by Lorenz »

I have the same freeze problems when I face the dragons at lvl 9...I will try to go as suggested in the forum (kill one by one), but the game froze
5-6 times in a row while fighting 2 or more of them...:(
Queen Lontje

Post by Queen Lontje »

I just wanna say; Unbelievable. The game I never forget is EOBII (Eye of the beholder II (on the Amiga)). Legend of Grimrock I en II are lovely. But this mod THANK YOU VERY MUCH I ENJOY IT FROM THE BEGINNING and i'm at level 7. I have deep respect for this MOD. I'm 52 and you make may day (weeks) :-) Thanks