[MOD] The One Room Dungeon - Round 1 - RELEASED

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Isaac

Re: [MOD] The One Room Dungeon - Round 1 - RELEASED

Post by Isaac »

SSI and Westwood had a parting of ways after EoB2. Westwood went on to invent Lands of Lore (1): Throne of Chaos; which I think you will like very much. EoB 3 is an in-house SSI product—not bad for that, but not Westwood. :|

EoB 3 has the reputation of being least of the three. I don't think it's bad, but... don't overhype for the audio quality.

*It is possible to learn a bit about the Dosbox config file(s), and to enable a better sound emulation config than GoG tends to provide.

**BTW you might get a kick out of seeing this: http://www.grimrock.net/2012/01/06/back ... mment-5016
wagtunes

Re: [MOD] The One Room Dungeon - Round 1 - RELEASED

Post by wagtunes »

Isaac wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:07 pm SSI and Westwood had a parting of ways after EoB2. Westwood went on to invent Lands of Lore (1): Throne of Chaos; which I think you will like very much. EoB 3 is an in-house SSI product—not bad for that, but not Westwood. :|

EoB 3 has the reputation of being least of the three. I don't think it's bad, but... don't overhype for the audio quality.

*It is possible to learn a bit about the Dosbox config file(s), and to enable a better sound emulation config than GoG tends to provide.
Thanks for letting me know about these. Just picked up the set. Might be the best 10 bucks I ever spent. If I remember correctly, EoB 3 was like $69.95 when it first came out.