[MOD] The One Room Dungeon - Round 1 - RELEASED

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
SpiderFighter

Re: [MOD] The One Room Dungeon - Round 1 - RELEASED

Post by SpiderFighter »

Just wanted to publicly pipe up here and say that, in the end, all I did was set up the idea push it along a bit. Some of the setbacks are certainly due to my own personal issues at home, so if you guys love this mod, it really is the result of all the hard work these 18 incredible designers did on it!! :)

Congrats, guys, and I'll definitely see you in round two.
Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

Thats a fantastic good news SpiderFighter :)

BTW, any new about round 2?

:)
Ryeath_Greystalk

Post by Ryeath_Greystalk »

I've read through the 12 pages of this thread and I've seen the question asked once, but did not see a reply, so I have to ask. I am stuck in the room where you jump down then fight a spider and there is a dragon statue and a destructible Ice block. I can't find a way out. I've tried putting the skull in the alcove and the orb in there, I don't see any torch holders to play with and can't find any secret buttons or hidden pressure plates. Any help?
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

This module is awesome. I am making progress. The puzzles are imaginative and the settings are fantastic.

However I had to skip the Librarian Challenge after trying to solve it for a while. This is what I came up with:
SpoilerShow
Sort all parchments by elements family and by mage level. Thus, NW corner = Fire; NE corner = Air; SW corner = Earth; SE corner = Water. And the two remaining alcoves in the middle for Light and Darkness spell scrolls. Unfortunately it didn't work but it was worth a try. Too bad I am not a ibrarian. :P
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

Strange that it did not work...
SpoilerShow
Whenever u enter a room (fire, water,...) you put scrolls in alpha number from left to right (u enter room, facing wall & door behind u)... u put the scrolls clockwize

then the light & dark in alcoves

What version did u play? Bcoz u add to put the book found outside in the central table for original version....
Komag

Post by Komag »

it didn't work because
SpoilerShow
by mage level (which is also what I thought) is not the answer, it's alphabetical
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Komag

Post by Komag »

Ryeath_Greystalk wrote:I've read through the 12 pages of this thread and I've seen the question asked once, but did not see a reply, so I have to ask. I am stuck in the room where you jump down then fight a spider and there is a dragon statue and a destructible Ice block. I can't find a way out. I've tried putting the skull in the alcove and the orb in there, I don't see any torch holders to play with and can't find any secret buttons or hidden pressure plates. Any help?
hint
SpoilerShow
find another interesting place to stick the orb
total spoiler
SpoilerShow
put the orb in the dragon mouth
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Komag wrote:it didn't work because
SpoilerShow
by mage level (which is also what I thought) is not the answer, it's alphabetical
Thanks.
SpoilerShow
I also thought about alphabetical order (obvious) but I fancied doing it by mage level. :lol:
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
Ryeath_Greystalk

Post by Ryeath_Greystalk »

Thanks for the hint Komag. I didn't realize you could put stuff there.

I also didn't know you could tear the tapestries, or put stuff in the wall crypts and goromorg statues either until I played the One Room dungeon. Makes me wonder how much stuff I missed in the game due to this.
Grimwold

Post by Grimwold »

Ryeath_Greystalk wrote:Thanks for the hint Komag. I didn't realize you could put stuff there.

I also didn't know you could tear the tapestries, or put stuff in the wall crypts and goromorg statues either until I played the One Room dungeon. Makes me wonder how much stuff I missed in the game due to this.
I think it's worth pointing out that while tearing tapestries is a feature of the main game (hiding the occasional alcove)... the other things you mention are specific to the modding community.. that's one of the things the One Room was designed to showcase.