[complete] Skull wallset

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Asteroth

[complete] Skull wallset

Post by Asteroth »

Hello all. After my joke a while back concerning the actual construction of a skull-based wallset I received multiple serious requests to build such a thing. Thus I went about it. Here is a peek:
SpoilerShow
As you can see I paid more attention to decorations than for my corrupt set(note the bone danglers).
Those dangling bones are a nod to the czermna chapel picture that inspired this.
Will I plan to release this a little more complete than my last wallset, since this time I understand how things work, there will likely be many pieces missing simply because of limitations to what i am capable of.

P.S. I already released the skull lamps seperatly. But I will be putting them with it. They really do belong in the set.

Edit: Oh a few more details. I plan to have two floor options. One dirt(shown in the picture), for simple catacombs. And one wood, for lich homes, or necropolises. I have no clue for ceilings.

Here it is people!:http://grimrock.nexusmods.com/mods/183/ (updated with stairs. And now fixed secret doors)
Last edited by Asteroth on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
I am the God of darkness and corruption.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4250
Neikun

Re: {WIP} Skull wallset

Post by Neikun »

Loving that altar!
Loving those danglers!

Good job, Asteroth!
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

Good stuff, good stuff indead ;)

Skuggasveinn.
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
LordYig

Post by LordYig »

creepy stuff, creepy stuff indeed !
Well done !
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Minotaur heaven!
hyteria

Post by hyteria »

hehe very nice , love the wall full of skull ! good job asta
odinsballs

Post by odinsballs »

good idea for necropolis tileset (wich would be cool cuz i was thinking of doing a cabal (nightbreed,clive barker) inspired mod, this would fit nicely in midian. 8-)
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Asteroth wrote:Hello all. After my joke a while back concerning the actual construction of a skull-based wallset I received multiple serious requests to build such a thing. Thus I went about it. Here is a peek:
SpoilerShow
This is something you need to animate... Those skulls should turn to face the party. :twisted:
SpoilerShow
Asteroth

Post by Asteroth »

Ok, next update.
I had a little... trouble with floors. In a way it's for the better as it caused me to make a new dirt floor along with the wood one.
Here are the pics:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
You should easily be able to see the improvement in quality of the dirt floor by comparing the pic in the first post to that here. As for the wood that brighter board on the end creates the annoying effect of making it look like big wood cubes *sigh*.

Edit: Oh yeah, still no ideas on the ceiling front. Something will hit me.(I just hope it doesn't hurt.)
Last edited by Asteroth on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the God of darkness and corruption.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4250
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Asteroth wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
This wallset looks like it could have some really neat hidden buttons; like movable jawbones to activate secret doors. Jaws might be too obvious though, perhaps just a skull that shifts position.