[MOD] Menace of Mangar v1.1

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Post Reply
jimirenton
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:53 am

Re: [MOD] Menace of Mangar

Post by jimirenton » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:46 pm

flowbee321 wrote:I got this one after some trial and error.
SpoilerShow
Try different ways to make arrows. "hell" isn't exactly directly due north.
jimirenton wrote:Hi there,
I need help with the "point to Hell" riddle ! I tried so many combinations that I don't know what to do !
The obvious was to try to make arrows pointing up but it doesnt seem to be that.

Well I obviously don't get it ! I tried most of the directions and combinations with 3 stones in each room and still can't make anything happen. The problem is that I saved in that room and now I'm stuck there. Very frustrating.

User avatar
lurker
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 pm
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Menace of Mangar

Post by lurker » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:51 pm

jimirenton wrote:
flowbee321 wrote:I got this one after some trial and error.

Well I obviously don't get it ! I tried most of the directions and combinations with 3 stones in each room and still can't make anything happen. The problem is that I saved in that room and now I'm stuck there. Very frustrating.
Mmmm, yes. I think I will need to tweak this room, because depending upon how you go through the various teleports, you might not have uncovered clues about this yet. So, in case you have not found this clue yet there is one that says something to the effect: The Well of the Souls is the gateway to Hell. Next question, do you know where the Well of the Souls is? Because, again, you might not have been around it yet.

Another hint
SpoilerShow
You need just two stones per room

jimirenton
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:53 am

Re: [MOD] Menace of Mangar

Post by jimirenton » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:06 pm

lurker wrote:
jimirenton wrote:
flowbee321 wrote:I got this one after some trial and error.

Well I obviously don't get it ! I tried most of the directions and combinations with 3 stones in each room and still can't make anything happen. The problem is that I saved in that room and now I'm stuck there. Very frustrating.
Mmmm, yes. I think I will need to tweak this room, because depending upon how you go through the various teleports, you might not have uncovered clues about this yet. So, in case you have not found this clue yet there is one that says something to the effect: The Well of the Souls is the gateway to Hell. Next question, do you know where the Well of the Souls is? Because, again, you might not have been around it yet.

Another hint
SpoilerShow
You need just two stones per room

Thanks for your reply but I didn't get the clue and I don't know where the Well of the Souls is ! I tried the few obvious combinations that make arrows with 2 stones and I just gave up !
Can you just give me the answer so I can go on ?

User avatar
lurker
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 pm
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Menace of Mangar

Post by lurker » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:54 pm

jimirenton wrote:
Thanks for your reply but I didn't get the clue and I don't know where the Well of the Souls is ! I tried the few obvious combinations that make arrows with 2 stones and I just gave up !
Can you just give me the answer so I can go on ?
Sent you a PM.

jimirenton
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:53 am

Re: [MOD] Menace of Mangar

Post by jimirenton » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:18 pm

Hi there,
I'm stuck again !!! I don't know what is wrong with me because I usually figure things out. Well anyway I'm again at the Teleport level and I visited all the rooms except the one where i'm supposed to use the last key. I cannot access that room with the teleports so I don't know. I got the "symmetrical" note and everything else is symetrical besides the room I can't access.

User avatar
Numberouane
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:11 pm
Location: Sunny Place south Of France

Re: [MOD] Menace of Mangar

Post by Numberouane » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Hi

On level 3 , are spiders respawning?

Thks

:)

User avatar
lurker
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 pm
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Menace of Mangar

Post by lurker » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:36 pm

Numberouane wrote:Hi

On level 3 , are spiders respawning?

Thks

:)
No, but they are allowed to roam free so sometimes they congregate. That is part of the fun of the level I think. :twisted:

User avatar
lurker
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 pm
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Menace of Mangar

Post by lurker » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:39 pm

jimirenton wrote:Hi there,
I'm stuck again !!! I don't know what is wrong with me because I usually figure things out. Well anyway I'm again at the Teleport level and I visited all the rooms except the one where i'm supposed to use the last key. I cannot access that room with the teleports so I don't know. I got the "symmetrical" note and everything else is symetrical besides the room I can't access.
You probably missed the that particular teleporter somewhere. Note that sometimes the teleporters
SpoilerShow
jump you to the other hall of teleporters and you might not realize it.
When I was playing this level I made a note on the automap and kept moving the note down the line so I would know where I left off. And then I made specific notes for the key rooms.

User avatar
flowbee321
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Re: [MOD] Menace of Mangar

Post by flowbee321 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:35 pm

Still stuck on the Tarjan level. Tried lots of different things for "gracing" the altars, including
SpoilerShow
casting spells, putting scrolls, etc., using the "let your mages guide you" clue.
Nothing is working for me.

User avatar
lurker
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 pm
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Menace of Mangar

Post by lurker » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:19 pm

flowbee321 wrote:Still stuck on the Tarjan level. Tried lots of different things for "gracing" the altars, including
SpoilerShow
casting spells, putting scrolls, etc., using the "let your mages guide you" clue.
Nothing is working for me.
SpoilerShow
NW = fire. You can use a firebomb, fire arrow or one of the seemingly useless fire scrolls you found elsewhere on the level.

Post Reply