[MOD] Menace of Mangar v1.1

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
User avatar
leewroy
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Re: [MOD] Menace of Mangar

Post by leewroy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:23 pm

A third secret within the 123 and ABC??? Jezz...what else we're supoposed to do? :P

A need extra clues to the second level with the twelve plates. Also, with that
SpoilerShow
corridor with a message in the end "look for whence you come, or something like that

User avatar
leewroy
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Re: [MOD] Menace of Mangar

Post by leewroy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:16 pm

Ok, here's my problems at the 2nd floor:
SpoilerShow
can't reach the noth-east corner where we cn see gear on the ground. Unlocked all the doors and the middle square in the south-west side. there´s still two doors closed, the one to the est side and one to north west side. I believe that the problem lies in the 12 plate puzzle, so any help will be appreciated.

User avatar
Numberouane
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:11 pm
Location: Sunny Place south Of France

Re: [MOD] Menace of Mangar

Post by Numberouane » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Hi

I just start ...
Does the button on 1st level close pits for good of is there a timing?

How to access the corner squares with key and sling....?

Thanks
:)
Last edited by Numberouane on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
flowbee321
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Re: [MOD] Menace of Mangar

Post by flowbee321 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:25 pm

I believe they toggle. No timer involved (whew!)
Numberouane wrote:Hi

I just start ...
Does the button on 1st level close pits for good of is there a timing?

Thanks
:)

User avatar
Numberouane
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:11 pm
Location: Sunny Place south Of France

Re: [MOD] Menace of Mangar

Post by Numberouane » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:48 pm

Any logic on level 1?

Can I solve everything without jumping?
SpoilerShow
1 About odds in my favor, I just put an odd number of torches (3) and hear like a "trap sound"... feel thing are now worse like some pits that were closed are now opened...
2 Did I forget something?
3 What "find it whence u came" is supposed to do?
4 Shall I press the Buttons only once?
5 Found One brasse key on a plate, does it matter which door I open with it as the second key is out of reach now?
Thanks

User avatar
flowbee321
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Re: [MOD] Menace of Mangar

Post by flowbee321 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:10 pm

SpoilerShow
I think you must jump at least once into a pit to get to the bulk of level 2 - until you get to the stairs back up.

re: 1 and 4: To my knowledge, the only pits that close/open are the ones directly in front of a door/gate. Only press them once as they toggle closed/open. I marked mine on the map each time, so I knew which ones I pressed.

re: 3: I believe if you go back to the room you started the game in (center of the level), there's now a button on the wall to press.
Numberouane wrote:Any logic on level 1?

Can I solve everything without jumping?
SpoilerShow
1 About odds in my favor, I just put an odd number of torches (3) and hear like a "trap sound"... feel thing are now worse like some pits that were closed are now opened...
2 Did I forget something?
3 What "find it whence u came" is supposed to do?
4 Shall I press the Buttons only once?
5 Found One brasse key on a plate, does it matter which door I open with it as the second key is out of reach now?
Thanks

User avatar
flowbee321
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Re: [MOD] Menace of Mangar

Post by flowbee321 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:18 pm

This is a FUN mod! It ranks for me among the best for puzzles.

At the Tarjan level:

To get into the library,
SpoilerShow
I assume I need to use the Fibonacci sequence somehow, and it involves running around the level. I tried going back and forth between top hallway/bottom hallway and hitting the faces with the spell they face. I did 1,1,2,3,5 (1st one at top, 1st one at bottom, 2nd one at top, 3rd one at bottom, etc) but it didn't work. This is time consuming for trial and error! Maybe another clue please?
Regarding back at the riddle level prison area:
SpoilerShow
I got some of the gates open but #1 and #4 would not open for me. I got the red key so I was able to progress - but am I missing anything other than xp/items there?

User avatar
lurker
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 pm
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Menace of Mangar

Post by lurker » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:09 am

flowbee321 wrote:I'm stuck in riddle level prison area. I have both pages indicating something where there's six positions, etc. I've tried combination after combination of these levers. It's just not really clear what/how I'm supposed to do this part.
Ahh, yes, this is a good point. 1-6 represents the cell numbers, but I didn't add any cell numbers, did I? Silly me. Cell 1 is closest to the levers and so forth. The combinations are good for both the east and west sides.
flowbee321 wrote:but I did end up backtracking a bit there because I had to "unload inventory" a few times, and I needed
SpoilerShow
sandals.
SpoilerShow
Yes, I figured the party might not have sandals at this point so that is why I put some in the prison. :)
flowbee321 wrote:BTW, at the end of the hall of teleporters level, how was I supposed to
SpoilerShow
"not be greedy" and/or "not steal the gods gifts" in order for the trapdoor to stop at limbo? Mine went straight to the bottom. That was a bitch to get past.
SpoilerShow
In each of the four key rooms there are four alcoves containing goodies. Those are the gifts. If they are not in their alcoves when you jump into hell, down you go. BTW, what went through your mind as you kept falling?

User avatar
lurker
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 pm
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Menace of Mangar

Post by lurker » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:17 am

leewroy wrote:A third secret within the 123 and ABC??? Jezz...what else we're supoposed to do? :P

A need extra clues to the second level with the twelve plates. Also, with that
SpoilerShow
corridor with a message in the end "look for whence you come, or something like that
SpoilerShow
This is the 2nd part of a two part clue. The 1st part is behind the southern door in the west wall.

User avatar
lurker
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 pm
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Menace of Mangar

Post by lurker » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:21 am

leewroy wrote:Ok, here's my problems at the 2nd floor:
SpoilerShow
can't reach the noth-east corner where we cn see gear on the ground. Unlocked all the doors and the middle square in the south-west side. there´s still two doors closed, the one to the est side and one to north west side. I believe that the problem lies in the 12 plate puzzle, so any help will be appreciated.
SpoilerShow
If you haven't jumped down to the second level yet, do so. When you come back up, listen.

The east door is the exit, which won't be available until you figure out the riddle in your previous post. If the other door doesn't require a key, keep looking for wall switches. Otherwise, jumping is probably your solution.

The 12 place puzzle is not required to proceed.

Post Reply