[MOD] Eye of the Dragon

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Scherer

Re: [MOD] Eye of the Dragon

Post by Scherer »

I'm stuck and don't know how to go on...

Got one golden coin, a silver coin, 4 bronze coins (fed the gold one to the hungry guy, but he wants more), a gem (fed to the 3 colored thing, but it's not enough), managed to clean underground levels 4 and 5, where I finally found 2 skeleton keys. Unfortunately after opening the skeleton doors I just came back upwards.

In Level 4 there's still a closed gate with a green lock, but there's no key left (the gate is near the an altar which activates a teleport with the right item).

In the priest level there's still 2 locked doors which need a bronze/rusty/brown key, but I got none left.

Searched everyting twice, but can't find any more secret passages, no enemies, no items, nothing. Tried putting torches everywhere. Any hint what to do?
Scherer

Post by Scherer »

Alright, managed to go on, but had to watch the Youtube walkthrough. I'd never figured out where to use the water crystals. A hint somewhere would have been useful.

But now I'm stuck again, this time at the final fight (I guess). And it's too hard, I've given up. Mushrooms, evil wizards and finally lightning bolts and fireballs coming from all walls. Frustrating and impossible to win, at least for me. Very sad, as the mod was really fun up to this point.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Scherer wrote:But now I'm stuck again, this time at the final fight (I guess). And it's too hard, I've given up. Mushrooms, evil wizards and finally lightning bolts and fireballs coming from all walls.
The final fight has none of this.
Scherer

Post by Scherer »

Dr.Disaster wrote:The final fight has none of this.
Sounds even worse, as I assume that the final is harder? Anyway, to be honest: That fight killed all the fun I had with the mod before, so I won't try again.
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

Scherer wrote:
Dr.Disaster wrote:The final fight has none of this.
Sounds even worse, as I assume that the final is harder? Anyway, to be honest: That fight killed all the fun I had with the mod before, so I won't try again.
Hi !
I think you are refering to i will kill you room. this is definitely one of hardest places in whole dungeon. If you do not manage to fight than all you need to do is just to survive. There is a healing crystal, so its not a problem. You need to use these wizards as a "shileld" against the lighting, thats all. You can even survive WITHOUT any armour with low level party. If you do not trust me, check this video :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo3XEU1y_QI
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
paulclementi

Post by paulclementi »

Where can I find a "leaf" for the puzzle requirement in the Alcove of "The Riddles"
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

paulclementi wrote:Where can I find a "leaf" for the puzzle requirement in the Alcove of "The Riddles"
Hi
SpoilerShow
one of the ingredient is leaf-type (basic one, for making health)
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
qbeck

Post by qbeck »

Hi. I`m stuck in the riddles room in high tower 4. "mates unbalanced, or so they seem, but paired in tandem, a deadly team. Give me the sharper half!"

don`t get it at all. pls help.
paulclementi

Post by paulclementi »

On the level with the multiple crystals (Frostbite tower level 3) to be inserted, there is one path (completed the other three) I am having a problem with. There is a simple wooden door at the end of the short hallway I am unable to find the switch/button to open it. In one of the rooms there is a dragon gargole which is different that the statues in the other rooms. Any help would be appreciated.
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

qbeck wrote:Hi. I`m stuck in the riddles room in high tower 4. "mates unbalanced, or so they seem, but paired in tandem, a deadly team. Give me the sharper half!"

don`t get it at all. pls help.
SpoilerShow
arrow (a regular, un-enchanted one)