[MOD] Eye of the Dragon

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
wagtunes

Re: [MOD] Eye of the Dragon

Post by wagtunes »

I'm glad my venting made you aware of this mod and got you to play it and you enjoyed doing so. The only thing I take objection with in your post above is you completely ignored all the good I had to say about this mod. But that's okay. I get it. People only fixate on the negative. It's human nature. My frustration is BECAUSE this mod is so great as far as the layout and the journey. Having played EOB II, this brought back a lot of memories. And while there is a lot that's different, the flavor is there. It was a real treat. I still, however, stand by my opinion on the insta kills and the bug. Importing a party shouldn't break a mod.

Anyway, I think we've both said all that needs to be said. Maybe I'll try the teleporter hack. Maybe not. I don't know. At this point, I honestly don't care anymore. I've been away from this mod long enough now that I've lost interest in it. Besides, there are plenty of LOG mods that are interesting, challenging, fun and fair to choose from. If you haven't tried "Back Into The Dungeon" yet, you really need to check that one out. It almost equals this one and without the insta kills and bugs. And you can get through it with a level 1 party. It is equally balanced throughout, gets progressively harder, but never goes over the top. The riddles are challenging but fair. My only nit pick, if I had one, is that you REALLY have to be careful about checking every inch of every wall. There are buttons where you'd never expect them. That did have me pulling my hair out after a while but eventually found them all. I highly recommend that mod.

Here's the link if you want to download it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/65

Anyway, I'm done ranting. It's all out of my system.
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

FWIW, and just for the hell of it, I activated 100 teleporters. Nothing. Also, I checked the version that I downloaded from Nexus. It is 5c, the latest one. So I am NOT using an old version.

Lying? No, I gave my opinion on the mod. That's all. You can disagree with it if you like but don't call me a liar.

Now that I have exhausted every possibility short of teleporting myself to another level, I see no point in going on with this.

Have a nice day.

Draakan, if you're reading this, shame on you for this ridiculous mod.
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

Hi wagtunes,
It is kind of accident I have bumped into this forum (I am not active here for quite a some time) , so I I did not read all of your "ranting" about the difficulty. I am glad you liked the mod overall and apology for any frustration caused. It is kind of old-fashioned dungeon with lots of flaws but still I believe many players will enjoy it.
And yes it is designedto be played with new party, hard core players do not have problem to finish it even on hard difficulty, altough I see this useless challenge.

I understand you have some problems in the Astral plane level ? From what I remember you have to find four hearts and "sacrifice" them on the altair inside the central keep, which will open teleport to the final boss.
Where are you stucked exactly ?
Cheers,
D.
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

Drakkan wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:18 pm Hi wagtunes,
It is kind of accident I have bumped into this forum (I am not active here for quite a some time) , so I I did not read all of your "ranting" about the difficulty. I am glad you liked the mod overall and apology for any frustration caused. It is kind of old-fashioned dungeon with lots of flaws but still I believe many players will enjoy it.
And yes it is designedto be played with new party, hard core players do not have problem to finish it even on hard difficulty, altough I see this useless challenge.

I understand you have some problems in the Astral plane level ? From what I remember you have to find four hearts and "sacrifice" them on the altair inside the central keep, which will open teleport to the final boss.
Where are you stucked exactly ?
Cheers,
D.
Ah, that explains why there is no teleporter. Anyway, I actually "cheated" my way to the end and it's all good. Very fascinating dungeon, with all its flaws.
Dartaen

Post by Dartaen »

Hello everyone,
could anyone give me a list on which level the secrets are? I just completed the mod and I am missing a few.

Currently I have 17/22 secrets. Here they are:

1 - Lvl 6: Temple Underground Level 3
1 - Lvl 7: Temple Underground Level 2
1 - Lvl 8: Temple Underground Level 1
1 - Lvl 9: Temple Basement
2 - Lvl 16: Cleric Barracks
2 - Lvl 18: Temple Ice Gardens lvl 2
3 - Lvl 20: High Tower lvl 3 - Hungry Doors
2 - Lvl 22: High Tower lvl 1 - Traps & Riddles
1 - Lvl 26: Moonmark Tower lvl 3
1 - Lvl 27: Moonmark Tower lvl 2
1 - Lvl 33: Frostbite Tower lvl 5 - Beholders & Boulders
1 - Lvl 34: Frostbite Tower lvl 4 - The Guardians

Thanks!
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

sapientCrow wrote: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:19 am The challenge was brutal!! I always play on hard and wow some of those ambush fights were just insane. I will admit because I had almost 0 shock resist that I cheated the large room that opens and ends up with 3 clerics, 4 ice guardians 4 shooting shrooms and 2 poison shrooms. I simply could not do that on hard mode and without the proper spec into air magick. All the other fights I did accomplish with some work.
You dont need air resist for this fight at all. You can avoid damage by putting mob between you and lighting shot. Walls open slowly, you have plenty of time to move to position.
To ease, you can even freeze mob (with spell or ice bomb) so it is 100% safe to hide behind it.

No need to cheat, just learn fight.
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

wagtunes wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:45 pm
Dr.Disaster wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:50 pm I recall about the Astral Plane that you had to get past those bolders to reach a teleporter and get to the large structure. Wasn't that hard to get the pattern; it took more efford to clear all the monsters so they did not get in the way while evading boulders.
There is no teleporter. I am at a dead end. The monsters are all dead. All that's left is bolders and dead end. There is no place else to go.
There is no teleporter.

There is "green light" at most eastern tile (from where central, i think, boulder comes). You touch it and boulders stop. And way opens. You almost finished this mod.
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

Finished on Hard with full party (new one), some parts were challenging. Was nice experience, thank you.
Queen Lontje

Post by Queen Lontje »

I try to send an e-mail but it get stuck in my outbox:

Hi Drakkan,

It is already a long time ago that you build Eye of the Dragon mod for Legend of Grimrock I, I'm 53 and I absolutely enjoyed every minute of the MOD . Everything goes well, until now. I'm stuck with the four way puzzle with the different kind of gems. Both I don't know. I understand that it must be read from left to right (not up downwards). The color of the earth I don't know. But can you give me the whole solution please? I friend of mine give me hints on what I receive from you and then I can slove it.

AND AGAIN THE MOD is AMAZING, thanks a lot ....!! I have a complete dejvu with Eye of the Beholder II. Just the same feeling and it is my best game ever, so I'm realing thanking you for that!

With best regards,

Queen Lontje

Or mayber someone else can send it to me or place it on the forum many thanks in advance!
severgates

Post by severgates »

Queen Lontje wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:06 am I try to send an e-mail but it get stuck in my outbox:

Hi Drakkan,

It is already a long time ago that you build Eye of the Dragon mod for Legend of Grimrock I, I'm 53 and I absolutely enjoyed every minute of the MOD . Everything goes well, until now. I'm stuck with the four way puzzle with the different kind of gems. Both I don't know. I understand that it must be read from left to right (not up downwards). The color of the earth I don't know. But can you give me the whole solution please? I friend of mine give me hints on what I receive from you and then I can slove it.

AND AGAIN THE MOD is AMAZING, thanks a lot ....!! I have a complete dejvu with Eye of the Beholder II. Just the same feeling and it is my best game ever, so I'm realing thanking you for that!

With best regards,

Queen Lontje

Or mayber someone else can send it to me or place it on the forum many thanks in advance!
Hi Queen Lontje.

Have you searched this thread? I've finished this mod few years ago and AFAIR solution of gems puzzle is here :) if not - try playthrough on YT.

Regards.