Windows 1.3.6 beta

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
thogrinn

Re: Windows 1.3.6 beta

Post by thogrinn »

Wow, great, i'll take it now !! :)
JKos

Post by JKos »

I found another bug: position of buttons are calculated incorrectly in preview window when using onDrawSkills, onDrawStats or onDrawInventory-hooks, but in onDrawGui-hook it works correctly.

You can test it with this hook

Code: Select all

onDrawSkills = function(g)
	g.color(255,255,255,200)
        g.drawRect(100,100,20,20)
	if g.button('test',100,100,20,20) then
		print('ok',g.mouseX,g.mouseY)
	else
		if g.mouseDown(1) then
			print('miss')
		end
	end
end
The actual position of the button is 171,97 in preview window.

In game it works correctly, so it's not fatal, but this bug makes gui developing pretty awkward so I hope you have the time to fix it.
- LoG Framework 2http://sites.google.com/site/jkoslog2 Define hooks in runtime by entity.name or entity.id + multiple hooks support.
- cloneObject viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8450
Demo_Seeker

Post by Demo_Seeker »

Um, why is this thread under "Modding"? Took me quite a while to find it.

Could you pleast create a sticky thread which lists the current version of the game?
Asteroth

Post by Asteroth »

@Demo. I think it's because almost all of the changes are to the editor or code and thus of interest only to modders. However, yeah I can understand what you mean.
I am the God of darkness and corruption.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4250
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

Just wanted to say that there is a another change that is not listed currently. Light position is now affected by facing. That means if you have a light that is not in the center of a square you can rotate it using the editor, which was not possible before (only the light position in the lua script would determine the position, it would always act as if it was facing north).

I noticed this when I tested my mine mod to make some small updates and saw that the light in the 'contaminated area' is completely messed up. It was bugged all the time (v1.3) and I didn't know. Hrmph... :cry:

EDIT: Which is nice, because you can also rotate particle effects now. Which means you only have to make one effect instead of four for north, south, east and west. But it may break stuff in older mods, so if you have any mods that make use of lights or particles that aren't positioned in the center of a tile it would be good to check there aren't any bugs now.
Montis

Post by Montis »

That should be an interesting info for the LED mod.
When destiny calls, the chosen have no choice.

My completed dungeon (LoG1): Hypercube
Komag

Post by Komag »

thanks Phitt, I'll have to double check a few things :)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
petri

Post by petri »

Oh, this must be a feature originally intended for the "new project" but it must have slipped through :?
SpacialKatana

Post by SpacialKatana »

Phitt wrote: But it may break stuff in older mods, so if you have any mods that make use of lights or particles that aren't positioned in the center of a tile it would be good to check there aren't any bugs now.
I imagine my old mod 'Sever The Wicked' will be busted up badly because of this...I'd altered effects using the N/S/E/W technique, and some models too if memory serves. Shame I was thinking of digging it up.... Ah well :(