[Release] The Mine of Malan Vael

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Komag

Re: [Release] The Mine of Malan Vael

Post by Komag »

Phitt wrote:Oh, and to everyone else as well, had a near death experience today. Someone pushed me into the guardrail while I was driving with 120mph. I spinned over all four lanes of the highway, got hit by another car and crashed into the (concrete) guardrail on the other side. All I remember are airbags appearing everywhere around me and waiting for the final impact before I die. The front part of the car was completely ripped away - engine and everything else around it was gone. And all I got was a small wound at the knee! German car manufacturers ftw! My VW Tiguan saved my life. 2nd birthday today.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
HOLY CRAP!

Wow, that's amazing, and I hope nothing like that happens ever again! Very glad you're still with us :)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

Phitt wrote:
matteo.n83 wrote:Excellent work, very hard dungeon, i'm stuck on contaminated area lookin for the 2nd key, any hint?
I'm sure you found the first key lying on the floor.
SpoilerShow
The second key is in a secret area, which can be opened with a (large, so it's easier to fnd) secret button. The button is almost opposite of the southern lever gate.
Oh, and to everyone else as well, had a near death experience today. Someone pushed me into the guardrail while I was driving with 120mph. I spinned over all four lanes of the highway, got hit by another car and crashed into the (concrete) guardrail on the other side. All I remember are airbags appearing everywhere around me and waiting for the final impact before I die. The front part of the car was completely ripped away - engine and everything else around it was gone. And all I got was a small wound at the knee! German car manufacturers ftw! My VW Tiguan saved my life. 2nd birthday today.
You used to be a revered Grimrock modder....
Until you took a car accident in the knee!

Seriously though, so glad you're alright. Here's hoping you can nab the guy who hit you and collect good on insurance.
Hope your knee recovers all right o:
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
flatline

Post by flatline »

Phitt wrote:
matteo.n83 wrote:Excellent work, very hard dungeon, i'm stuck on contaminated area lookin for the 2nd key, any hint?
I'm sure you found the first key lying on the floor.
SpoilerShow
The second key is in a secret area, which can be opened with a (large, so it's easier to fnd) secret button. The button is almost opposite of the southern lever gate.
Oh, and to everyone else as well, had a near death experience today. Someone pushed me into the guardrail while I was driving with 120mph. I spinned over all four lanes of the highway, got hit by another car and crashed into the (concrete) guardrail on the other side. All I remember are airbags appearing everywhere around me and waiting for the final impact before I die. The front part of the car was completely ripped away - engine and everything else around it was gone. And all I got was a small wound at the knee! German car manufacturers ftw! My VW Tiguan saved my life. 2nd birthday today.
Wow, few posts on forums really stand out, but that one sure did. Scary and fantastic at the same time. Good to hear it ended quite well, considering.
Grimfan

Post by Grimfan »

And I thought my car accident a few years ago was bad! Glad you are still with us Phitt. You are a living legend in my eyes. :D
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

Thanks for the nice words! Damn, I have a knee wound and didn't make a 'I used to be a ... once until I took an arrow to the knee' joke. Now that my adrenaline level is down I feel a bit mangled today, but at least I'm certified sick for the rest of the week.

Now let's talk about modding again!
Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

OMG! Happy nothing worse happened Phitt!

Take care!
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

And Phitt's next mod will feature an NPC with a bad knee. :)

I'm glad you're not too too shook up.
If you want something to do aside from your current projects, statues and corpses (skeletal or fleshy) are in high demand at the moment!
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
James

Post by James »

I just killed the final boss 5 minutes ago and looking back I enjoyed playing this mod more then I enjoyed playing the original game, thank you Phitt for sharing your fantastic creation with us!
Treybor

Post by Treybor »

Phitt. This is just an amazing dungeon. I have played for four hours. Had to start over several times. Still dinking around on level two.
Love the puzzles.... Now I wonder if I made my dungeon too easy.
Bibbly

Post by Bibbly »

ARGH!!
Very frustrated and not sure what is going on. I am stuck on the first puzzle even after seeing someone on youtube get through. What am I doing wrong? I love the look and am excited to seemore but this one 3 by three room is getting boring. :(