[Release] The Mine of Malan Vael

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Treybor

Re: [Release] The Mine of Malan Vael

Post by Treybor »

This one of the coolest mods I've played in a while, but there were a few spots I struggled with.
amazing work.
carlo222

Post by carlo222 »

I loadet in this you write,,
Installation =

Put the .dat file into your dungeons folder (My Documents\Almost Human\Legend of Grimrock\Dungeons). Start the game and click on 'Custom Dungeon', then select 'The Mine of Malan Vael'.
i have version 1.37
i startet a new game and in custum dungeons only the master quest mod is in ,the new The Mine of Malan Vael is not addet for me??
thanks
Komag

Post by Komag »

That seems like it should be fine, so I don't know why it's not showing up for you, sorry
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
msyblade

Post by msyblade »

be sure that you did not just place the zip in there, unzip the .dat file to your dungeons folder.
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades
podbelski

Post by podbelski »

many thanks for this awesome mod!

can't find a key for 'iron doors' in the end of 2nd level, any hints? There is a seemingly unworking lever at the beginning of the level, maybe it's related to the key?

upd:
SpoilerShow
found two keys on level 3, so finally opened all the doors
...just have finished the game, 1st time, top difficulty - that was tough, both fighting monsters in certain spots and solving some puzzles (they are good).
SpoilerShow
'four times four' puzzle: I didn't realized it's all about the weight even after I opened the door. I found that a spear I used to have with a stone also opens the door, so just went back to level 1, collected one more spear and an orcish axe from teh secret on level 2... with 3 chars having yellow food bar :)
quakis

Post by quakis »

Really enjoyed this release, it's definitely worth giving a spin for those who haven't already. Wrote up a review on my site and thought you'd be interested to know about that; http://taw.duke4.net/2013/07/grimrock/t ... alan-vael/

I do look forward to any other projects you might release in the future.
Komag

Post by Komag »

very nice review quakis! And nice review site, cool to have a big Thief fan check out Grimrock mods :D
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Hello,
I am playing through for the 3rd time now and am curious if you have a list of secrets (I just need to know how many per level there are) I would like to fully complete it this run through.
thank you for the mod!
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

sapientCrow wrote:Hello,
I am playing through for the 3rd time now and am curious if you have a list of secrets (I just need to know how many per level there are) I would like to fully complete it this run through.
thank you for the mod!
That info is already here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4502&p=47323&hilit=secrets#p47323
Deafiler

Re: [Release] The Mine of Malan Vael feedback

Post by Deafiler »

epeli wrote:unless you realize there was a place to farm respawning slugs in level 1...
Which don't help in the slightest when the game cuts off all backtracking after a certain point.