[MOD] The MASTER key.

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
User avatar
Pandafox
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:25 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: [MOD] The MASTER key.

Post by Pandafox » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:09 pm

leewroy wrote: I see. I hope the monsters respawn cause I did a true chainsaw massacre on the floor, lol.
Btw...the bug you mentioned today in the top post, makes the game unplayable at some point? I´m lazy to start it all again, considering the first floor was really big... :?

Thanks for replying!
Don't worry about monsters, if you need monsters, you can find monsters :D

the bug I mentioned was only online during one night. I think you started the game before that, then you won't have problem.
Anyway it was not a "unplayable game" bug... only maybe blocked somewhere if you are not fast enough! but you can try again if you saved ;)

User avatar
leewroy
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Re: [MOD] The MASTER key.

Post by leewroy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:00 pm

Ah, I see. So, there will be no problem. If time puzzles bothers me, I can use a script to put the things slow...vey slow :twisted:

Flohaxn
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Re: [MOD] The MASTER key.

Post by Flohaxn » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:51 pm

leewroy wrote:Ah, I see. So, there will be no problem. If time puzzles bothers me, I can use a script to put the things slow...vey slow :twisted:
Which reminds me:
Pandafox, is
SpoilerShow
running straight ahead at max possible speed with perfect timing
really the intended solution to the "de profundis" challenge?

On a different sidenote, at one point you can spawn a crab indefenitly, which could be abused for levelling up. You might want to change that mechanism using some weakexp mob.

No time to continue playing atm, but this dungeon is easily the best i have played so far !

User avatar
leewroy
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Re: [MOD] The MASTER key.

Post by leewroy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:08 pm

Flohaxn wrote:but this dungeon is easily the best i have played so far !
Can't say yet it's the best, but no doubt that it's great. By the way, hats off to almost every module. I have to confess that at first sight, I was wondering how much crap we have to deal after this dungeon editor release, but to my surprise, almost all modules are really really good. Some are better than others in some aspects, but after all, they all have something special. :)

User avatar
Pandafox
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:25 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: [MOD] The MASTER key.

Post by Pandafox » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:19 pm

Flohaxn wrote: really the intended solution to the "de profundis" challenge?
Ah ah ah ! I know you didn't tried enough times... ;)
Flohaxn wrote: On a different sidenote, at one point you can spawn a crab indefenitly, which could be abused for levelling up. You might want to change that mechanism using some weakexp mob.
Oh ?? Can you tell me where is this damn crab please ?
Flohaxn wrote: No time to continue playing atm, but this dungeon is easily the best i have played so far !
Really ?? I was thinking my dungeon is good but someone else think same! wow! thanks a lot! :)

Flohaxn
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Re: [MOD] The MASTER key.

Post by Flohaxn » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:24 pm

Finished it now.
difficulty hard, playtime 08:49, 7/11 treasures found.
In the end i had 2 blue gems left, which proably would have led somewhere to moar treasures :)

Regarding the crab, its on level 5: where the note is "The key you need is always here", if you choose the left door, and continue, you eventually come across a button which spawns a crab (for luring over plate). You can spawn it forever.

thanks again for creating this !

User avatar
Pandafox
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:25 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: [MOD] The MASTER key.

Post by Pandafox » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:04 pm

Flohaxn wrote:Finished it now.
difficulty hard, playtime 08:49, 7/11 treasures found.
In the end i had 2 blue gems left, which proably would have led somewhere to moar treasures :)
Oh, didn't you use the blue gems in the large room of the final battle ? there is a rest room you can open with blue gems. ;)
Flohaxn wrote: Regarding the crab, its on level 5: where the note is "The key you need is always here", if you choose the left door, and continue, you eventually come across a button which spawns a crab (for luring over plate). You can spawn it forever.
Oh yes ! you are right ! I didn't think about this crab :mrgreen: It is not very important but I will fix it.
Flohaxn wrote: thanks again for creating this !
no ! thanks for playing it ! ;)

jimirenton
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:53 am

Re: [MOD] The MASTER key.

Post by jimirenton » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:11 am

Very good mod !!! Thank you for doing it :)
I've almost finished it but I'm stuck at the "45 seconds to find the good way", could you give me a hint ?
thanks again

User avatar
Pandafox
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:25 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: [MOD] The MASTER key.

Post by Pandafox » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:04 am

thanks :mrgreen:
SpoilerShow
watch on the wall when you are at the end of the moving walls corridor ;)

jimirenton
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:53 am

Re: [MOD] The MASTER key.

Post by jimirenton » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Pandafox wrote:thanks :mrgreen:
SpoilerShow
watch on the wall when you are at the end of the moving walls corridor ;)
Thanks for your reply but I looked on the walls and tried to click everywhere but I'm really stuck. I can't pass the first wall 2 steps from the inscription "45 seconds..." and I can't see anything on the walls there. Could you help me ?

Post Reply