[MOD] The MASTER key.

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
hansbleeb

Re: [MOD] The MASTER key.

Post by hansbleeb »

Image :mrgreen:
maneus

Post by maneus »

Nice picture.
severgates

Post by severgates »

Hi
First of all, congratulations for Pandafox for fantastic mod :) I've played Mine of Malan Vael, Master Quest, Wine Merchant Basement and few minor mods (i.e The Reeking Depths) and TMK is the best of them so far. Looking forward to play Chaos Key after finishing this one.
Unfortunately I've a problem
SpoilerShow
on Lvl 6 with "For the glory of Satan" part- the same as it was described by other users. After 73 seconds game crashes :o I have latest version of Direct X and 2012c version of TMK. It isn't big problem, because there's one additional green gem, which will replace gem from "For the glory of Satan". But the main problem is, that I cannot figure out what should I put into niche "I can change your destiny" in "Sacrifices" part of dungeon :x . It drives me crazy, because I've tried everything and it doesn't work :cry:
Help :!:

Sorry for my bad english.
Pandafox

Post by Pandafox »

hi,

thanks ;)
SpoilerShow
Sorry for the crash. It was my very first mod and I made some beginners mistakes...
If you want the gem (but you are right, not really need), you can send to me your savegame and I will spawn a gem for your party.

The destiny.... don't you have a key in your bag with that name...? ;)
severgates

Post by severgates »

Pandafox wrote:hi,

thanks ;)
SpoilerShow
Sorry for the crash. It was my very first mod and I made some beginners mistakes...
If you want the gem (but you are right, not really need), you can send to me your savegame and I will spawn a gem for your party.

The destiny.... don't you have a key in your bag with that name...? ;)
Thanks for an answer, but
SpoilerShow
I'm afraid I don't have destiny key :shock: Where is it?
Pandafox

Post by Pandafox »

mmmm.....
to be honest, I can't remember where to find the destiny key...

Maybe someone remember ?

Anyway, you can send to me your savegame, I will spawn a gem for you.
askdesign2003@hotmail.com
severgates

Post by severgates »

Pandafox wrote:mmmm.....
to be honest, I can't remember where to find the destiny key...

Maybe someone remember ?

Anyway, you can send to me your savegame, I will spawn a gem for you.
askdesign2003@hotmail.com
E-mail with savegame sent :)
I'm sure that I had to miss destiny key during exploring lvl 3 or lvl 5- I'll try to find.
Anyway I have another question :oops:
SpoilerShow
Even when you spawn green gem for me the most important thing is- what if destiny key will be important in future parts of game and it will be impossible to finish the game without it :?: And if I'll find the key and get additional green gem what will happen with the key and other stuff put into niches (axe, skull, etc) :?: Are they lost forever or I'll get them back :?:
Pandafox

Post by Pandafox »

gem spawned ;)
SpoilerShow
the objects you will use in the niches are lost forever.
The destiny key is usefull only for this, no need later.
severgates

Post by severgates »

Pandafox wrote:gem spawned ;)
SpoilerShow
the objects you will use in the niches are lost forever.
The destiny key is usefull only for this, no need later.
thx man ;)
I'll probably give up on searching the key- I don't have another axe and don't want to lose Norja used by my Fighter-Tank.
Keep up good work with creating new mods for Grimrock 2 :)
DCJerboa

Post by DCJerboa »

I've read all 17 pages of this thread, to date, but I am still stuck, at the final door. I've seen discussion of temple keys but they haven't helped. It would be a shame after 7 hours of this awesome mod to just quit at the final door. :*(

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Edited spoiler to clarify for others. :D

Situation is this:
SpoilerShow
I have two Temple Keys:
1 from level 9 (was in an alcove on the left just before a blue haze. I remember finding it clearly); and,
1 from behind the Unique door.

Discussion in this thread talks about a third temple key when you read the sign "you need another temple key". The problem is, you DON'T get a temple key here. You use a destiny key to get to that message, and when you use a temple key as the message states (my 2nd of 2 keys), behind it is JUST a destiny key. The obvious answer is to skip this door... except you can't. The game forces you to go through this original destiny key door followed by Temple key door, otherwise a door behind another destiny key door will not open which leads to the final fight.

I've done this temple/destiny/prison key area on level 4 many times, checking all possible permutations. I've never gotten a third Temple Key and that's what I need. I've checked all walls (I believe) numerous times, both for switches and walking into them. I've even loaded an earlier save before I ever got to level 4, went there afresh where it says next to the blue crystal that you need a Temple Key, and I don't get one at that message either. It always happens like this. I can spend 50 hours looking for something and not find it, and all I have to do is ask for help (publicize my inability) and boom, I find it within 30 minutes thereafter.

I even found the Master Key door for The End by accident. lolz Excellent mod. 10/10. would play again.

Oh, and that 45 seconds to find the right way... only after I determined it wasn't possible, did I notice the solution. That was plain mean! lolz
Last edited by DCJerboa on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.