[MOD] The MASTER key.

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Pandafox

Re: [MOD] The MASTER key.

Post by Pandafox »

jimirenton : I sent to you a private message to ask something
Archdevil888

Post by Archdevil888 »

I'm also stuck at "45 seconds to find the good way" (version 2012b). In principle all walls are closing the moment I approach and I cannot continue. Only the first wall two steps south of the writing can be reopened by sidestepping left. Moreover the teleporter field appears after a few seconds and I'm beamed back to the start, I wonder what "45 seconds" is referring to?!
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Hey, dude.

I´m stuck in one floor, don't remeber the level now , but I´m sure you'll know what i´m talking about:
SpoilerShow
there's a main room where you have to put 6 green gems on three demon heads. I found four so far, and I know twhere the two remaining ones are. One of them is in that place of plates that open suddenly, I´m still trying to reach it. A matter of try harder only, I guess, cause I had to stop playing. The other one is the real problem so far. In that room "sacrifices" I figured 3 things. And was a pain in the ass to find the compass, cause I throwed it away randomly on the floor above to save room for other stuff, lol. But that thing about "I can change your fate" is really giving me a headache. Tried many abstract things, but it's none of them.Also, I had to put my norja axe in that room and now it's locked...please tell me it will not be gone, cause it's the main weapon of my main fighter :roll:

So, give me hand here dude ;)
Pandafox

Post by Pandafox »

Archdevil888 wrote:I'm also stuck at "45 seconds to find the good way" (version 2012b). In principle all walls are closing the moment I approach and I cannot continue. Only the first wall two steps south of the writing can be reopened by sidestepping left. Moreover the teleporter field appears after a few seconds and I'm beamed back to the start, I wonder what "45 seconds" is referring to?!
Yes, I realized there is a problem in my last upload, the 2012b version. It should be 45 seconds, but it is 5 seconds. I changed to check something and I forgot to change it again to 45 !
Then I fixed this problem, I changed to 45 seconds and made the 2012c version.
Fortunately, I checked to save a game with 2012b and load it with 2012c and there is no problem. It seems, only a counter change in the dungeon still allow to use the same savegame !

FOR ALL PEOPLE WHO DOWNLOADED THE 2012b VERSION, PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE NEW 2012c VERSION !
YOU CAN USE THE SAME SAVEGAME.

It is the same link : http://www.pandafox.fr/temp/masterkey.dat

Is someone can confirm that it is possible to use the same savegame with the new version of the dungeon ?
Only a counter changed. I changed 5 seconds to 45. Nothing else.
Last edited by Pandafox on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pandafox

Post by Pandafox »

leewroy wrote:Hey, dude.

I´m stuck in one floor, don't remeber the level now , but I´m sure you'll know what i´m talking about:
SpoilerShow
there's a main room where you have to put 6 green gems on three demon heads. I found four so far, and I know twhere the two remaining ones are. One of them is in that place of plates that open suddenly, I´m still trying to reach it. A matter of try harder only, I guess, cause I had to stop playing. The other one is the real problem so far. In that room "sacrifices" I figured 3 things. And was a pain in the ass to find the compass, cause I throwed it away randomly on the floor above to save room for other stuff, lol. But that thing about "I can change your fate" is really giving me a headache. Tried many abstract things, but it's none of them.Also, I had to put my norja axe in that room and now it's locked...please tell me it will not be gone, cause it's the main weapon of my main fighter :roll:

So, give me hand here dude ;)
Hello, yes I can help you ;)
SpoilerShow
Your axe is lost forever !
But... You can find another one later. You will find it in level 10. But you must find the 2 secret buttons to find it.
The only way to go to level 10 is to fall down in a trap in the level 9.

About the place with all the traps that opens and close, you should try again and again... and... again... and... surprise ! ;)
Archdevil888

Post by Archdevil888 »

Hi Pandafox!

2012c does not solve the problem for me. Still 5 seconds until I'm beamed back to the start (tried several savegames of 2012b including those where I enter level 9 for the first time). Any idea of a possible workaround, may I send you a savegame so you can somehow bypass that area for me or can you create a workaround in some kind of temporary masterkey.dat file only to be used to escape that area?!
Pandafox

Post by Pandafox »

IMPORTANT !
For all people who downloaded the 2012b version !
Please download again the new 2012c version.
If you didn't reached the level 9, don't worry, you can use your savegame.
If you already are in the level 9, if you pushed the button "45 seconds to find the good way" and saved the game, I'm sorry... You can't continue...
Pandafox

Post by Pandafox »

Archdevil888 wrote:Hi Pandafox!

2012c does not solve the problem for me. Still 5 seconds until I'm beamed back to the start (tried several savegames of 2012b including those where I enter level 9 for the first time). Any idea of a possible workaround, may I send you a savegame so you can somehow bypass that area for me or can you create a workaround in some kind of temporary masterkey.dat file only to be used to escape that area?!
Yes, I am really sorry about this problem... :oops:
As I write before, if you already pushed at least one time the button "45 seconds..." it is too late :cry:
Maybe you have a savegame before push this button ? Then you can use the new dungeon and the counter will be 45 seconds...

please send to me your savegame if possible, I will try to solve this problem...
askdesign2003@hotmail.com
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Dude, thanks for replying. And btw guess I have to get this new version before I´ve got the problem.

Can you help me with
SpoilerShow
the riddle I asked? "I can change your fate" or something like that, to get the green gem.
Pandafox

Post by Pandafox »

leewroy wrote:Can you help me with
SpoilerShow
the riddle I asked? "I can change your fate" or something like that, to get the green gem.
yes...
SpoilerShow
"I can change your destiny" : a destiny key ;)
Anyway if you don't have, you can get 6 green gems somewhere else...
There are 6 green gems to find, but there are 7 doors in this level where you can find a green gems.
It means you can forgive one of these doors...