Mod [Complete] The Rise of Simon

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Asteroth

Re: Mod [Complete, calling tester] The Rise of Simon

Post by Asteroth »

Last call to anyone, then I'll just release.(not that it's a catastrophe)
I am the God of darkness and corruption.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4250
Phitt

Re: Mod [Complete, calling tester] The Rise of Simon

Post by Phitt »

I would like to test the dungeon as it sounds/looks great, but I can't promise I'll get through the whole dungeon in a short time as my spare time is limited. But I would test as much as possible until you decide to release. If you're interested just send me a PM with a download link.
Asteroth

Re: Mod [Complete] The Rise of Simon

Post by Asteroth »

Hmm, bit of a problem phitt. I'm not on any sites other than nexus where I can put the file. There is no way I can put it up there(or on steam to my knowledge) without making it public anyway, as hiding the file blocks download. Will there are other ways we could do this, me using a file site, swapping nexus ID's to give you edit rights, etc. I decided to release the file to the world instead. Sorry 'bout that whole thing.

The dungeon is here:http://grimrock.nexusmods.com/mods/165
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

You could use Dropbox
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

Asteroth wrote:Hmm, bit of a problem phitt. I'm not on any sites other than nexus where I can put the file. There is no way I can put it up there(or on steam to my knowledge) without making it public anyway, as hiding the file blocks download. Will there are other ways we could do this, me using a file site, swapping nexus ID's to give you edit rights, etc. I decided to release the file to the world instead. Sorry 'bout that whole thing.

The dungeon is here:http://grimrock.nexusmods.com/mods/165
Like Neikun said, you could use Dropbox or Mediafire or any other filehoster.

But no problem, as long as I can play the mod I'm fine with it. :D

EDIT: I'm already stuck on the first level. Yay!
SpoilerShow
Found all the levers with the letters p, u, r, e, k, and f. I assume the wall text next to the entrance is what I need to do - 'point to heaven what you must be to survive this dungeon' (or something similar). I assumed it means I should put the levers needed to form a certain word in the 'up' position. I thought it may be 'pure', but that didn't work (put the pure levers in up position and made sure the other two levers are down). Probably the sorrow and illumination text means something as well, maybe even the four words on the walls. But I don't know what. Any hint?
Asteroth

Post by Asteroth »

Phitt:
SpoilerShow
I hope this works because this was pretty much the only creative puzzle I wrote.
Pure is correct, but you also must place a torch in what doesn't (in the eyes of the church) cause sorrow.
Solution: Faith and purity.
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

Asteroth wrote:Phitt:
SpoilerShow
I hope this works because this was pretty much the only creative puzzle I wrote.
Pure is correct, but you also must place a torch in what doesn't (in the eyes of the church) cause sorrow.
Solution: Faith and purity.
It works, no problem. I should have thought about the
SpoilerShow
torch holders when the wall text said 'illumination',
so it's my fault. Currently at level 3 and enjoying the mod,
SpoilerShow
the 'cloud of darkness' skeleton was a nice idea!
Asteroth

Post by Asteroth »

Phitt: Glad you're enjoying it!
SpoilerShow
Thanks, the darkness skeleton(baneguard) is kind of my masterpiece so far. It took several weeks and a lot of help. Mostly because if you look close it is not holding a shield.
To everyone: My last promised feature is done. You can find the story here:viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4730&p=49846#p49846. It should be read after completing the dungeon.
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

Played a bit more and I'm stuck again.
SpoilerShow
I'm on level 4 and need the two gems for the demon head. I found the blue gem, but I can't reach the red gem, which is behind a portcullis. I activated all the levers in the corridor. I even found a secret with ingredients inside (no mortar yet though), but nothing that would help me to open the gate. I looked for secret buttons, but couldn't find any so far. Neither did I find any hints on what to do. Am I missing something?
Also found a small bug:
SpoilerShow
When you jump down the pit in the room where you find the blue gem on level 4 you'll end up in a small room with 2 scavengers and a skeleton. The stairs leading up from that room are slightly buggy as you will be turned by 180° when you walk up (and thus can only 'escape' from the stairs by walking backwards, if you turn or walk forward you will walk back down again).
Asteroth

Post by Asteroth »

Aah, that puzzle is probably a little hard.
SpoilerShow
The clue is your map. Up facing hallway= lever up
Down facing hallways=lever down
Edit: Dang thought I fixed all the stairwells. There where several of those till I cleaned it up.
Last edited by Asteroth on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.