Dungeon Master The Lord of Chaos

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
LordGarth

Dungeon Master The Lord of Chaos

Post by LordGarth »

Hello,

I am uploading the rar file for my Dungeon Master The Lord of Chaos game to the grimrock nexus mods. The rar file is 340 meg.

I dont know how long it will take to upload, but as I said the upload is starting now. Also remember that on my computer there is a black screen for a while after the opening cinematic while the game is loading. It may take around 30 seconds or a minute to load after the cinematic. So please be a little patient.

I will post when it is fully uploaded and I have playtested up to floor 10.

Link

http://grimrock.nexusmods.com/mods/149

Thx and enjoy

LordGarth
Last edited by LordGarth on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dungeon Master and DOOM will live forever.
Numberouane

Re: Dungeon Master The Lord of Chaos

Post by Numberouane »

thanks ! looks great!

No upload on steam right?

I got it :) Thank u

:)

Thanks
Last edited by Numberouane on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordGarth

Post by LordGarth »

The file is too big for steam upload as far as I know.

LG
LordGarth

Post by LordGarth »

All uploaded

http://grimrock.nexusmods.com/mods/132

Thx,

LordGarth
FrEEsiD

Post by FrEEsiD »

Thanks My Lord ;)
LordYig

Post by LordYig »

I have just tried the first two levels.
This is really creepy ! And I mean really !
I was even scared by a few sounds ! :lol:

You should add a better description in the nexus. It is always good to see what too expect from a dungeon when downloading.
It should mention if you expect the dungeon to be played with a new party or an imported one.
You could also mention the difficulty, the custom assets used, etc.
One line is pretty short for a dungeon of 70 levels...

The first level was nice, simple layout and there's a lot of back and forth movement from one part to the other but the ambiance is nice.
The ambient track especially puts a nice creepy mood :)

I did see some weird graphical glitch in the first level.
There's some misplaced models I guess because I have seen a few walls and a few pillar overlapping each other.
That's pretty weird to see...
Some textures are way to bright for my taste but that's my own taste so I cannot say more.
The tombstones and the skeleton on the floor stands out too much if you ask me, and the chimney too. Especially with the dungeon tileset in level two.
There is a weird model (badly exported ? or corrupted upload ?) which does not look good at all in the middle of the alchemy ingredients room.
I do not know what it should have looked like, a pedestal maybe, but I only see some improperly oriented faces going downward around a cylindric object.
I have not encountered any custom monsters yet but I guess it is better the more you go down.

So there are some nice touch in the first level but if I'm not the only one encountering those glitches, I guess it needs a few tweaks and correction here and there.
By the way just to progress quickly I have played with my imported party that has finished LoG (2 warriors 2 mages)
So nothing to report regarding the balance of the first level since I have not tried a new party and I have justed rolled over the monsters...
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

I am very eager to play. It's almost halfway done downloading as I type this.
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
adup98

Post by adup98 »

its looks great. remake,i never had played dos version
Sanctifer

Post by Sanctifer »

Question:
Is this mod a remake of original Dungeon Master + Chaos Strike back + more level ?
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

Found this while searching for new files on the Nexus, and couldn't believe it! Yay! I've been looking forward to this for a long time. :)

First download didn't complete. Changed servers and away we go!

First impressions:
SpoilerShow
Epic intro!! Love the laugh at the end. Nice artwork (public domain?).

One the game starts, graphically, it's all over the place. Textures are clipping and/or misaligned, brightness levels are through the roof on some items and too dark on others. HOWEVER...the "haunted House" factor is so much fun, that none of that seems to matter, and it may even contribute to some of its charm.

Audio, however, is extremely good, with some nice ambient music and creepy sounds.

Ok, past the equipment room and into the level proper now, and there's clipping floor tiles. Never seen that before. First monster encountered is a skeletal warrior, but that seems fair, as you've already given us decent equipment.

Skeletal patrols HURT when you're only level one. Nice tight corridors mean backtracking to take them on which, in my mind, is a good thing. You give me just the right amount of panic.

Nice monster placement, some good jumps/scares in here. Got sprayed by something! WTH?!? :shock:

Surrounded by Warriors! Reloading takes a looooooo*breath*ooong time. Actually thought it had frozen.

Torches on same walls as catacombs. I'd post a screenshot, but I don't think you're really worried about it. :D

Nice trigger of audio demonic laughter! Made me jump a little.

One thing I notice is that you definitely "dress" the scene. Sometimes, people forget it's the little things that add atmosphere (dirt, ivy, webs, corpses, etc). More importantly, they help a player discern where he/she is, and keep everything from looking the same. You most certainly do NOT have that problem! Everywhere I turn there is something cool and interesting to look at.

I levelled up to TWO while fighting my second skeletal patrol on a 2x2 section without a snail in sight. How freaking badass is THAT? :D

Hmm...just realized, no snails means no food. Hope I find some soon.

Oh, some crates! Maybe food inside? Nope. Hear some woman/demon thing screaming, cool.

Found a great note from Victor. Love it!

Potions room. Nice. Good touch with the recipes, too; that's an easy thing to forget.

Have to stop...lost track of time and have to wake the gf!
Overall: I'll definitely be back to play more. Very creative, AMAZING use of sound cues. Honestly, it makes me a bit sad that you didn't pay much attention to the clipping issues on a LOT your walls; it almost seems random in spots, and it means that some players might dismiss this unfairly without giving it a fair shake. Locks half hanging over catacombs, pictures on pictures...If it weren't for that (and the brightness levels on some of your custom items), this would be such an easy pic for best mod for me. The bottom line, though, is if it's fun. Hells, yes, this is fun!! Great battles, great mood...great job, Garth!!

I bow down to you, Good Sir.