Dungeon Master The Lord of Chaos

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
LordGarth

Re: Dungeon Master The Lord of Chaos

Post by LordGarth »

If the walls are two bright, I guess turn the brightness down in the game options or on monitor. Secret buttons are off center to the upper right a bit.

There is a secret button near a portcullus x13 y 15 and then one at x14 y 14. These are to open a way to finish the floor. After that a key is needed off of a fire skeletion to progress and then in the next room a key is needed off of a fire skeleton.

I will put up more info on this floor later.

LG
Dungeon Master and DOOM will live forever.
LordGarth

Post by LordGarth »

Complete Floor 6 walkthrough.

Continue from the stairs until you reach a T junction. Take the right path. Continue until you can go straight or right. Go straight. Continue until you reach x 6 y 20. There is a secret button on the east wall. Continue until you reach a portcullis at x 13 y 15. There is a secret button there on the north wall. Return back to x 10 y 27. Head south. The door to the room in the SW area should be open. There is a secret button in that room at x3 y 29.

Return back to the T junction near the beginning of this floor. Take what would have been the left path. Continue on that path and go to x14 y14. There is a secret button on the west wall and a healing crystal at x14 y13 if you need it.

Now head south. At x23 y29 there is a secret button. That will open a secret door at x18 y29. The secret button pressed in the room in the SW area will open the door at x18 y26. There is also a secret button at x18 y28 east wall.

Lots of weapons and armor to find now in this secret area.

Now continue eastward down the hallway. Now proceed to x28 y21. The door will close behind you and you will have to kill two monsters in that room. Then proceed to x28 y14. A fire skeleton will spawn at x31y18. A brass key will drop off of this skeleton and is used at x27 y10 to open the door there.

Then proceed north to x27 y7. The door will close behind you. Another skeleton will be spawned at x31y0. He will drop another brass key you will need to open door at x16 y0. The way should be clear now to go to floor 7.

A secret button is at x18y0 south wall to open the door at x27 y8 that closed behind you earlier.

Thx,

LordGarth
jamos

Post by jamos »

One question about armor. It seems other characters can equip armor without meeting the requirements. i.e. my fighter can wear the rogue armor and get all benefits protection and no penalty to evasion even though its prerequisites say dodge 2 and the armor when equipped is red. Also my rogue can wear the mage armor without the skill and still get the benefit to energy. Seems broken.
LordGarth

Post by LordGarth »

I have noticed similar things and I believe that would be something for Almost Human to fix. I believe I saw that in some areas the character is not getting the bonuses. And if it is red they should not be getting the bonuses at all. The numbers may change when equiped but when the inventory screen is closed and reopened then the bonuses are not there.

???????????????????????????

LordGarth
jamos

Post by jamos »

Is there a way to get the poison throwers to stop regenning I can't get down the hall with the armor alcoves on lvl 7.
LordGarth

Post by LordGarth »

Some things regen on this floor and the party has to be strong enough to push through.

LordGarth
beach55

Post by beach55 »

Excuse for my question (and my bad English...I'm Italian) :D
I'm blocked in Horde' Den !!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
I don't find secret button :o
I had seen answer:
“ 3 secret buttons: x5y7 – x17y10 – x28y30
x0y0 coordinate starts at the upper left corner of the map”
but the coordinates are in points out of map !!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
and also "x6y20" isn't in map
I hadn't console and I don't see numbers in the map....
You may include a picture of a button ? :roll:
It makes noise ?
Thanks in advance and sorry again for my English :mrgreen:
LordGarth

Post by LordGarth »

The secret buttons are a x5 y 7 west facing in a smaller room NW off center of the map. Next is a x17 y10 north facing in a room around the center of the map. Third secret button is at x28 y30 east facing at the end of a 2 square wide hallway in the south east part of the map.

A secret button is a small corner of a brick in the wall. The corner appears to be broken off a little from the rest of the brick. The brick is off center to the right and up.

LordGarth
beach55

Post by beach55 »

LordGarth wrote:The secret buttons are a x5 y 7 west facing in a smaller room NW off center of the map. Next is a x17 y10 north facing in a room around the center of the map. Third secret button is at x28 y30 east facing at the end of a 2 square wide hallway in the south east part of the map.

A secret button is a small corner of a brick in the wall. The corner appears to be broken off a little from the rest of the brick. The brick is off center to the right and up.

LordGarth
Thanks !!! :D
I find :mrgreen:
Very GREAT JOB !!!
BRAVO !!!! :)
beach55

Post by beach55 »

Great Lord Garth :D
Please...help me again... :oops:
I'm in level 21 "Rembering Death"
In the SE of the map there is a door ( with blue lock)...
I don't FIND the key !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :?:
I'm search in entire dungeon but I don't see it... :twisted:
and nobody monsters let it... :evil:
perhaps there is a secret room in the level?
thank in advance and...excuse again for bad english :mrgreen: