Dungeon Master The Lord of Chaos

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
LordGarth

Re: Dungeon Master The Lord of Chaos

Post by LordGarth »

There is a text on the wall near the entrance to the labyrinth. The Ogre drops a key you will need.

The text on the Wall says find five to open the way. Five buttons need to be hit and then a secret door will open between the two torches on the wall in the south east area and then there is a door afterwards.

The Ogre is supposed to be like the Minotaur of the labyrinth LOL.

LG
Dungeon Master and DOOM will live forever.
BarryBGB

Post by BarryBGB »

I am only on level 5: Horde's Den and can't find a way to open the last door to the upper left. Must be a switch somewhere but with the color of the walls, it make finding a switch very difficult.
Anyone know where the switch is?
Nevermind, found it however it was way back. I think I pushed another button before but never heard anything. It would be nice to be able to hear a door opening or gate opening when pushing a switch. Just saying.

Ok, where is the button for the iron door at the bottom left of level 6:Doom. I had thought there was way up from level 7, but at the end of 7 now and doesn't look like it.
LordGarth

Post by LordGarth »

Secret butto x6 y 20 for that door.

LG
Grimfan

Post by Grimfan »

Playing through this and it's a hoot LordGarth! :D

I thought at first the pictures and sound effects would put me off, but now I'm racing through it.

By the way do you have milkweed in your adventure? I know you have milkreeds, but I'm hoping milkweed is not a typo so I can get me some potions of agility. ;)

I also like the new earth spells. Nicely done! :)
LordGarth

Post by LordGarth »

I believe I fixed the Milkreed spelling issues with Version 8. These fixes will not show up with a saved game from an older version.

Thanks for the compliments. I put in alot of spooky pics and sounds to maintain a scary on your toes ambience.

LG
zalewapl

Post by zalewapl »

Can you kindly edit the first post and include the link to the nexus page there? It's inconvenient when users have to go through all the pages in this thread to find a working link.
LordGarth

Post by LordGarth »

Done

Sorry about that.

LG
LordGarth

Post by LordGarth »

Answering a question from the nexus here due to nexus being under maintenance.

Hello,

I am not sure what part you are stuck in on floor 6. So I will say that there is a secret button at x13 y15 and then at x14 y 14. Then later on a key is needed and it drops off of a fire skeleton. After that door there is another door that requires a key and that key also drops off of a fire skeleton in the same area as the door.

Thx,

LordGarth
zadkielmodeler

Post by zadkielmodeler »

LordGarth wrote:Gems are for recharging magic staffs. Keep an eye out for recipes. There is a secret button at x6 y 20 for the door in the sw area.

There is a secret button to get at x16 y0 first then the one at x14y14.

LG
This is regarding level 6.

If y is starting from either the top or the bottom, there is no such place as x16 y0. Or at least no such place that the player has access to.
I have found 2 secret buttons, one to unlock the SW area. And 1 in the southwest area. But still no way to advance.

This secret button found in the SW area does not appear to have changed the level in anyway. Unlocking the SW area does not seem to have allowed further progress in any way. My characters are still as stuck as they were the last time I played.

Listen, I have been looking around and spam-clicking every wall I see and still no progress.
Was your intent to make this game a test of your player's intelligence, strategy,wits, and his character's battle-prowess or just his patience?

The harder your secret buttons are to see does not mean the more fun your game is.
Grimfan

Post by Grimfan »

I only say this because I hope it makes your next mod even better lordGarth, but the biggest problem a lot of players seem to have with your otherwise cool dungeon is finding the secret buttons with your brightly colored wall-sets. I personally think secret doors and buttons should be used sparingly to progress your game (as in actually getting to a new area to continue playing), especially since it can be a major source of frustration for some players (case in point the poster above me).

Again, I only make this point out of respect. Anyone who can put together the largest dungeon in LoG history (perhaps dungeon-crawling gaming history) deserves a standing ovation, even if it is not entirely perfect. :D