Dungeon Master The Lord of Chaos

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
AnnElfwind

Re: Dungeon Master The Lord of Chaos

Post by AnnElfwind »

Can somebody help me?
I'm not really lost in the mod, but, I'm in the middle of like... 16-or-so level and suddenly, the game started to crash... It simply shuts down like nothing happend... I haven't tried any other mods since it happened, but I think it only happens in this one...
Could I have your thoughts on this?
Do you think it is more likely that there is something wrong on my side or is there a possibility there's something wrong with the mod?
This is really bugging me and I will be happy if I could get some help resolving this issue...
If you think it does belong in a different topic, could someone point me the right way?
Grimfan

Post by Grimfan »

This is the right place, but if it crashes with no error message there's not much the people here can do to help (since it could be problem with the mod, your version of the game or even your computer). I would test out other mods just to make sure the problem is with this one mod alone.
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

Well, the screen kept being grainy... But it stopped when I removed the mod...
The only message I got was that it stopped working correctly and that windows will try to find solution, which it never does anyway.
So for now, I removed the mod and everything is back to normal...
(Though I kept the savegame file and the mod file - just not in-game, in case I want to try again someday and don't want to play from the begining)

Any other mod was working correctly... Could it be that it was just too big for my laptop to handle being together with a LOT of different mods... Guess the game maybe cannot handle such data overload, seeing as all the other mods are relatively small in regards of data size...
hark

Post by hark »

Hello,
enjoying the mod, thanks for it!
Currently in level 11 with party level 13 - any hint if respawning of monsters can be prevented? I've made it to the books in the first left branch, but rest of paths is blocked for me by too many magicians/archers/skeleton guards. Magicians are too much for my party if I cannot strafe around.
Thanks!
H.
LordGarth

Post by LordGarth »

Hello,

My mod is best played with two fighters in front and two wizards in back.

you may have to go up to the next floor and rest and come back down and keep fighting mobs until your party is strong enough to push thru. After a battle always rest up before you continue.

LordGarth
Dungeon Master and DOOM will live forever.
hark

Post by hark »

LordGarth wrote:Hello,

My mod is best played with two fighters in front and two wizards in back.

you may have to go up to the next floor and rest and come back down and keep fighting mobs until your party is strong enough to push thru. After a battle always rest up before you continue.

LordGarth
OK, I've started the mod with new default party and I've got my party exp to level 13 - looks not enough for this level. Will probably need to hack to get more food. Thanks!
isamu

Post by isamu »

How close is this to the original Dungeon Master map?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

isamu wrote:How close is this to the original Dungeon Master map?
Being 70+ floors large it's pretty far off the original.

If you look for a close remake go for comscript's mods:
Dungeon Master remake
Chaos Strikes Back remake
isamu

Post by isamu »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
isamu wrote:How close is this to the original Dungeon Master map?
Being 70+ floors large it's pretty far off the original.

If you look for a close remake go for comscript's mods:
Dungeon Master remake
Chaos Strikes Back remake

Ahh got it. Thanks mate :)
Resu

Post by Resu »

Hey!

I played it until level 8 or so and lost interest. Although it is not a bad mod, i have some problems with it:

1. The rooms are just too big.. the walking time is extremely high.
2. I have some troubles because of the many overlapped textures ingame causing my computer to get slow
3. the levels are pretty similar, and there are no? puzzles at all..?
4. a few of your secrets are no secrets.
5. No necklace items at all?
6. backtracking is annoying
7. Frost arrows doesnt count as "ammo" for regular bows... wtf

But on the other side, there were things I enjoyed:
The sounds :D the fights and the atmosphere. I also like the length of the adventure but dont want to
search all walls for secret buttons to proceed any furher and walk huge distances for no reason.