[ASSET] 6 dragons update v1.1

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
FrEEsiD

Re: [ASSETS] 6 dragons

Post by FrEEsiD »

;) we are to ;)

Well I just said:I understand if you can backstab the dragon ...

So I removed immunities to backstab dragons but I'll leave assassination ?
crisman

Post by crisman »

When I try to hit a dragon with a throwing weapon (arrows, quarrels, bullets), the game crashes! :o
Anybody elses??

EDIT: by the way, I tried them a bit, and overall they aren't bad, obvious blockers should be used for avoiding clipping inside walls. I really REALLY like the sounds, when they move, when they breath, they set up a really good atmosphere (jurassic park??)
Beside the crashes I have with projectile hit, I think it's a bit ridiculous if each time they get hit they spawn a magic projectile in front of them (try to lure a dragon into a poison cloud...), I think the counterattack should be random ;)
Also, I don't think adding a paralyze malus for each attack the party receives it's a good idea. (The screen effects are fantastics, thought!)
Maybe you should add them just for dragons attacks!
Hope I can see some updates! :D
FrEEsiD

Post by FrEEsiD »

hello all,
@ crisman,
I do not understand or just crash with your porjectils hit?For testing, I made a new dungeon without with just the file and I have no crashes with arrows, tile etc. ... same skills with a background ... I'll think of or it may come as no other return on this problem, except you ;)
To the side of random onDamage, I oter to increase the difficulty .... we say that it is a natural reflex dragons when it pierces their protection and are not accustomed to suffer;)
On board merethif I'll delete the immuniter backstab, slightly increase the xp gain ... for the rest I'll wait for eventual return ....
Screens for effects I think that the designers had failed to do (ice, shock) and that each had hits train a destabilizing effect for the player (screen, camerashake, slight paralysis) I try not no exaggeration (duration and vibration for 3) ... after it has the appreciation of each ...

@+
FrEEsiD

Post by FrEEsiD »

Sorry and thanks crisman, you had reason for the crash projectilHit :(
During a test I let the code (malicious ;) ) in a lua (thank you error log)

now corrected ;)
crisman

Re: [ASSETS] 6 dragons update v1.1

Post by crisman »

Thanks for fixing it! :D
I was a bit worried, because my dungeon is full of cr@p, so it could be just me, but I wanted to be sure ;)
Thanks again!
FrEEsiD

Re: [ASSETS] 6 dragons update v1.1

Post by FrEEsiD »

hi all,
nothing, nothing Crisman ;)
THOM

Re: [ASSET] 6 dragons update v1.1

Post by THOM »

As far as I can see, no one has ever converted these assets for Grimrock II. I did, but I only want to publish it if I have the author's permission.

@FrEEsiD, I've sent you a PM. When you read it you maybe like to answer? Would make me happy.

Or if anyone else knows how to contact him, I would be delighted, too.
THOM formaly known as tschrage