[OBSOLETE] "One Room" Round Robin Mod - Round Two!

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Diarmuid

Re: [DISCUSSION] "One Room" Round Robin Mod - Round Two!

Post by Diarmuid »

Well I don't want to make the project wait until I've done the central room either. But I think we should probably start an official signup thread now, and I'll work on that meanwhile, we'll see how ready I make it :). I'll get back to it tonight.

Something that would be a good idea too, is that we announce between ourselves what we plan to make as a room, just to avoid duplicate concepts, I don't know how you did this the first time.
Ryeath_Greystalk

Post by Ryeath_Greystalk »

Diarmuid wrote:
Something that would be a good idea too, is that we announce between ourselves what we plan to make as a room, just to avoid duplicate concepts, I don't know how you did this the first time.
I like that idea, but I would probably suggest changing it slightly to contributors tell spiderfighter / Skuggs their concepts and they can judge if some are too close to others. Only reason I suggest that is as much as I am hoping to make a room, I also am looking forward to playing it also and don't really want to know what the other rooms hold in store until I get there.

(and thanks for your work in making the central room)
mahric

Post by mahric »

Ryeath_Greystalk wrote:
Diarmuid wrote:
I like that idea, but I would probably suggest changing it slightly to contributors tell spiderfighter / Skuggs their concepts and they can judge if some are too close to others. Only reason I suggest that is as much as I am hoping to make a room, I also am looking forward to playing it also and don't really want to know what the other rooms hold in store until I get there.

(and thanks for your work in making the central room)
I've sent my plans with a screenshot of the conecept to Spiderfighter yesterday. Talking about coincidence... :)
Did you visit the Wine Merchant's Basement? And heard about the Awakening of Taarnab?
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

mahric wrote:I've sent my plans with a screenshot of the conecept to Spiderfighter yesterday. Talking about coincidence... :)
Yep, and it's already looking like this is going to be just as good as the first one!

I'll make the sign up thread later today. Keep an eye out! :)
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

Last night I finished preparing the template layout for the whole dungeon.

8 rooms per level, three levels. So 24 rooms, nicely numbered on the map, so people can say: I want that one!

Pic: Image

Every 4 rooms there's a door that requires 3 keys to open. As everyone has a 9x9x3 space, but not everyone will use it, I suggest we wait until the end and add bonus areas in the empty spaces, openable by the special keys. Designers could also volunteer to leave out one 9x9 floor of their area and design a "bonus area" themselves if they wish.

Some more spoilers on how the central hub is going: (It's in usable state, just needs polishing, it lacks pillars, there's cracks where you see through, etc.)
SpoilerShow
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

That's some stunning work, Diarmuid! Thanks for doing all of this...it's going to blow people away.
eispfogel

Post by eispfogel »

Cant wait to see what you people come up with. i liked the first one room dungeon alot. great to see what this community is capable of :)
Last edited by eispfogel on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mahric

Post by mahric »

That hub sure looks like some great work!

I'd be happy to fill a room in this mod... (starts to search for the sign-up thread)
Did you visit the Wine Merchant's Basement? And heard about the Awakening of Taarnab?
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

mahric wrote:That hub sure looks like some great work!

I'd be happy to fill a room in this mod... (starts to search for the sign-up thread)
Shoot...been busy with another project... (runs off to create the startup thread)

[EDIT:]...and we're off!! Please move all discussion to [SIGNUP / DISCUSS] One Room Round Robin 2!