[MOD] LABYRINTH OF LIES - v3.6 Release

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
akroma222

Re: [MOD] Labyrinth of Lies (half complete)

Post by akroma222 »

Hmmm, I don't know about that one...
Pretty sure to move on from that puzzle, the green gem must be left behind in that puzzle (you find one at a healing crystal later on though)
In the engine rooms/core - you definitely need 1 red, 2 blue and 1 green to pass the gates.

As far as I know, I think you have got yourself stuck... I think.... and it is a major error on my part.
I have figured a simple way to make sure this does not happen though, by placing a gem door before the engine rooms/core that requires you to place all 4 gems to open he door. That will prevent this situation from occurring again for anyone else....

If your solution about the green gem works somehow please let me know, I am interested to see...
Again sorry bro! It is a crap situation :-/
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

I have tried a simulation of the situation you are in Crisman, unfortunately I don't think it is solvable :-/
I wish/hope that you can prove me wrong here though, let me know how you go
Worse comes to worse, hold off on another play through (unless you really want to!)
I suspect the wall set I am currently waiting on will be released within the week, which means the rest of my mod will be completed in a month or so after... and I will def need excellent beta testers like you for the full version ;)
Flou

Post by Flou »

Hello, i really like your labyrinth of lies!!!

But could you give me the solution for the experimental cells? At the 8th floor.
Thank you! ;)
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Hi Lou!
Yes of course, as a hint, there is a note that can be found in the teleporter area just before the healing crystal right near the experimental cells (you will need to teleport around to find it).... It explains exactly what to do, except the note is damaged and letters are missing from words. So if fear that some people may have a hard time making sense of the note :( I may have to include a better clue

Anyways, a full solution for experimental cells is as follows:
SpoilerShow
This is another timed button pushing puzzle - you need to be quick to push the buttons, not much time to turn around while running for each button
1.As you enter the first room, there are only 2 buttons - you must push them both QUICKLY - this will open up 2 secret doors allow you access to 2 more buttons (which makes a 2 square block/pillar with 4 buttons on it)
2.Now press the south east button + north west button QUICKLY - this will open up gates to the teleporters and 2 more secret doors which have fireball throwing demon heads
--this first area I will call room A-- the teleporters will take you to room B
3.CHEST - Press the north east button in room A - then run! - step right, move forward 2, step left 3, forward 1, step right 2 (into teleporter) then run forward 3, step left and push the button (in room B) - this will open a secret door behind you with a chest in it.
4.WIZARD/GEM - In room A, next to the north demon head there is a button, press the button -and run!- step left, then forward (into teleporter) immediately run backwards 4 steps then right 2 steps and press the button - this will open a secret door where a wizard has been doing research - there is another secret within this room which involves a red gem (what do we do with red gems??)
5.KEY - In room A, next to the south demon head there is a button, press the button - and run!- step right 2, forward and then left (into teleporter) immediately step forward 2, right 1 step and then turn to press the button - this will open a secret door where a dwarf has been kept and there is the key you need
A question for you Lou - how are you going for food?? are you running out or just enough?
Also regarding the teleporter area just before the heal crystal :
SpoilerShow
did you find the secret area with 2 chests?? - you need to get to the space lit up with a blue/purple light
Flou

Post by Flou »

Thanks for your fast reply! :D
I can continue now.

I'm ok ok for the food, don't worry! ;)

Just more question, i wanted to make a daemon head who throw fire ball in the editor, but i don't know the command.

Can you tell me the command please?

Excuse my english i'm french
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Sorry for the delay Flou, I am in the middle of moving house ;)

You want to make a demon head throw fireballs??
To do this, you just place the demon head, then you must place a 'spawner' entity
click on the spawner entity and you will be able to choose what you want to spawn (spells/enemies etc)...
So the demaon head does not actually throw the fireball, the spawner does.
As such, you can spawn fireballs (or whatever you want) from other assets in your dungeon, you just need to set a spawner.
You will also need to connect the triggering asset to the spawner... eg, a pressure plate connected to the spawner.

Hopefully this is what you wanted to know, your english is fine! Hopefully I have understood correctly :)

...also, some custom spells (eg, darkburst from Labyrinth of Lies) will also show up as an option for your spawner :D
Flou

Post by Flou »

ok, I understand, it works, thanks!

If you want you can try my dungeon, he translated in french and english : La Porte Noire / The Black Gate

Any tips are welcoming. ;)
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Hey Flou,
Sounds great, at the moment I have started work on the second half of my dungeon mod (levels 1-2 and 11-14) but I am sure I will need a break, so will definitely play your mod when that time comes ;) and of course report back my thoughts and progress :D
Flou

Post by Flou »

hi!
i have a question, i don't how to make a sound like the secret sound when you enter in a secret place or other.
And what is the utility of the counter in the logic categorie?

thank you!
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Ahh no probs!

To set up a secret sound thingy - place a 'hidden pressure plate' where you want the sound to be played. The place a 'secret' entity. Then connect the hidden pressure plate to the secret [with activate... and also make sure it can only be activated 'once only']

The counter entity is very handy and helps with puzzles and traps (and a lot of other things I imagine).
For example, with the help of others of course, I have made a puzzle in The Labyrinth...
SpoilerShow
The player needs to run around a certain space - so there are 8 spaces around the 1 space (which happens to be a volcano from Phitt's mine tile set). I placed hidden pressure plates on each of the 8 spaces around the volcano space so each time you walk on a space around the volcano a pressure plate is activated - and is connected to a 'counter' with a 'decrement' action. I set the counter's initial value at 20, so you have to walk over 20 plate spaces before the counter gets to 0 value. I connected the counter to the secret door, so once you run around the volcano enough, the secret door will open. Also, spaces outside of the 8 correct plate spaces have 'hidden pressure plates' too, but when you land on and activate them, they are connected to the counter to reset it to the initial value.
I have had to use counters in many puzzles, like sequence puzzles, timing puzzles, doors requiring 2 keys or 2 plates to open... there are many uses for them :D