[MOD] LABYRINTH OF LIES - v3.6 Release

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
andyroosta

Re: [MOD] LABYRINTH OF LIES - v3.6 Release

Post by andyroosta »

Thanks Akroma..i'll start another run through soon..thanks for the hard work... to you and your testers!

Cheers.
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Hey andyroosta!

Well I would be pretty amazed if folk are still willing to give the Labyrinth another go,
especially with Grimrock 2 being released tomorrow!

Again, if you play through again, keep in touch and let me know how you fair :D
I have to say, my last play through was a delight - Minmays work really got this mod over the line

Speak soon
Akroma
andyroosta

Post by andyroosta »

Hi Akroma..thanks again..i've just started another playthrough (and playing Grimrock 2 of course!).
I'm always happy and appreciative of these superb Grimrock mods!

Cheers!
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Question for those who still monitor this thread:
SpoilerShow
I am on at the Core where there are buttons to press fast and fire to not dodge...

I opened up the 3 teleporters and the next part has 4 different buttons. However I can also teleport back.
How complex are these button presses? As in do I need to press some then teleport then press then teleport back and press.
How lengthy are any of the combinations?
Constant brute forcing button presses while fireballs slam into the wall is nerve wracking so I really would appreciate a little hint to the length of combos and if I need to port back and forth with them.
thanks
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

Hi sapientCrow,

I think I know where you are
SpoilerShow
You need to find the hint for these two rooms. It's a piece of paper describing what to press and do to enter specific areas. You find this hint in the area before the healing crystal - the one that teleports you around to different locations and at one location there is a piece of paper with the hint.
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Unstuck...
Last edited by sapientCrow on Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

What would be the contribution of melee weapons on this particular games and how does it works?
If you are asking what kind of melee weapons are available then the answer is a lot for all types.
The especially cool addition is the fist weapons for those playing unarmed.
However there are a plethora of swords axes and maces.
In addition there is Battle mage equipment (most of it are reach weapons) that allow mages to melee as well.
The equipment got a huge amount of love in this mod so any path whether it is magic user assassin or fighter with unarmed maces or swords you will not be dissapointed.
There also have been some pretty awesome additions to the assassin daggers in addition to the above.
And you can transmute(craft) some weapons or items into weapons or items.
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Hey All!
I have just returned from my Grimrock holiday (really needed it after years of non stop grimrocking)
Thank you Banaora for helping SapientCrow, and likewise Sapient Crow for fielding questions for Grasshopper, much appreciated :D

@Grasshopper - Sapient has covered your question pretty well... loads of weapons of all types

@SapientCrow - your post "unstuck" .... glad to hear. If you have any feedback regarding the puzzles or rooms I am all ears.
I am planning on and in the asset creation stages for a mod for Grimrock 2 - so any suggestions you have would be much appreciated ;)
I always monitor this thread but have just had a month break, sorry for the absence!

Akroma
Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

Dear Akroma

How are you? Im back again hopefully for good and even if I failed you in beta testing the mode I will now enjoy it as Christmas present.... ;)

Thanks for all the efforts done.

Guys, please stay around in case I need I got stuck

:)
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Hey Numberouane!

Haha no worries at all man, hopefully you enjoy the finished product.
Again, we all have minmay to thank for his extensive fixes late in the beta testing

I will definitely still be fielding questions for people playing my mod :D
And any and all feedback is welcome, need to know as much as possible so I can make my 2nd mod an improvement on this.

All the best!
Akroma